US Pilots Labor Thread 8/20-8/27- NO PERSONAL REMARKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a good question, however, the most important question is how many of you will commute when LAS and PHX close......answer? all of you!!
I doubt PHX will close anytime soon with it outperforming the east's hubs, your comment did make me sit back and think about that scenario.

I guess we out west would commute to our new positions out east and move most of the east pilots down in the bidding process.

Hope you guys like being on reserve!!!

:up:

That is a good question, however, the most important question is how many of you will commute when LAS and PHX close......answer? all of you!!
But I see no answer.

For the answer to your question watch the latest crew news from PHX. Doug answers the question clearly.

So I guess that it is a good thing that usapa will be required to use the Nicolau. Otherwise the C&R that are a joke would be even more useless. No protection from usapa if PHX/LAS closes. Good thing the jury saw it our way.

But we will not have to worry about that. Now if I could get an answer to my question.

How many west pilots do you think will commute or move east?
How many east pilots will commute or move west?

How many west pilots do you think will commute or move east?
How many east pilots will commute or move west?

The only possible reason to ask such a question is a desire to demonstrate that the Nic is fair and equitable, and thus absent any windfall. But we have heard ad nauseam that such concern was already settled long ago. We can all sleep soundly if we simply recall that such rehashed concerns are moot. :lol:

So can you drink beer on your time? any time prior to check in.

Can you scuba dive on your time? give blood?

If the fllight time duty limits change, and they change for the better, it will come at some cost to what we can do on our time and/or we will end up with less of our time.

Nic,

Well, you can apply that first line logic to driving, going to church, or even visiting the inlaws ( well, scratch the inlaws-anything goes!) I don't scuba dive(anymore) and I don't give blood. My long range commute will not change for a lot of reasons. One, we'll never get this circus act together so my commute won't be "reasonable", our schedules won't change because we increasingly work harder. I'm not going to come to work 3 days in advance because of a FAA rule rest change.........Oh excuse me! I don't have 3 days off between trips. Get my drift, Nic, it ain't going to change for me.

I doubt PHX will close anytime soon with it outperforming the east's hubs, your comment did make me sit back and think about that scenario.

I guess we out west would commute to our new positions out east and move most of the east pilots down in the bidding process.

Hope you guys like being on reserve!!!

:up:

Nice thought process HP......a real class act!

No way I would commute, I will just move to CLT, get a house on a lake somewhere, a fish and ski, maybe bring a potted Cactus with me. Any airpark fly in communities on a lake near CLT, that may be the best ticket, heck I might not wait a decade for PHX to close I might just move now.

or

Perhaps we can keep PHX and LAS open long enough to absorb the LGA closure, remember with separate ops per the TA you are all welcome to come out West just as soon as we recall our furloughs so we can give you a spot below them until we get joint ops and you can take your rightful place on the list.

Nic,

Well, you can apply that first line logic to driving, going to church, or even visiting the inlaws ( well, scratch the inlaws-anything goes!) I don't scuba dive(anymore) and I don't give blood. My long range commute will not change for a lot of reasons. One, we'll never get this circus act together so my commute won't be "reasonable", our schedules won't change because we increasingly work harder. I'm not going to come to work 3 days in advance because of a FAA rule rest change.........Oh excuse me! I don't have 3 days off between trips. Get my drift, Nic, it ain't going to change for me.

If the rules change, maybe we could get a positive out of it, one that helps commuters and non alike.

PBS scheduling can get pretty sophisticated, and might be able to minimize commuting, or make it a non-requirement for getting to work.

Perhaps there could be a way to build your commute into your pairing with a live leg or positive space dh ( with pay) once you have your schedule.
Registered commuters schedules could be initially built to a lower min value in anticipaction of adding the dh commute hrs on later. That way you initially get more days off that will be filled in with your commute.

Non commuters simply get an override for saving the company the space positive seats and extra pay. Their lines start with the overide credit and get built from there. So they can get an extra few days off to simulate the time not spent in commuting.

The one thing I still have not figured out yet, is there a rule against drinking before church?

No way I would commute, I will just move to CLT, get a house on a lake somewhere, a fish and ski, maybe bring a potted Cactus with me. Any airpark fly in communities on a lake near CLT, that may be the best ticket, heck I might not wait a decade for PHX to close I might just move now.

or

Perhaps we can keep PHX and LAS open long enough to absorb the LGA closure, remember with separate ops per the TA you are all welcome to come out West just as soon as we recall our furloughs so we can give you a spot below them until we get joint ops and you can take your rightful place on the list.

Precisely why,

VNIIMN

I have a a multi part question.

1. How many YEARS will it take for every appeal (From either side) to be exhausted?

2. Given the number of years above what would the Nic list look like after retirements?
The appeal should be finished by Jan 10, the West is calling for meeting with the East because they know what the outcome will be along with the corporate transaction that will leave most of the West on the street or with another small carrier. What a waste of time and money the last few years.

1. How many YEARS will it take for every appeal (From either side) to be exhausted?

Assuming the 9th Circus does not see it USAPA's way, it's entirely possible this thing is over late next year or early 2011 (assuming that the SCOTUS does not hear cert). Presumably the penalties ($$$$) will also be appealed, but I don't get the gist that that would matter so much.

I think Seeham (and his client) were a bit taken aback that their petition to fast-track this was not opposed. That's actually going to bring the endgame sooner, which seems to run contrary to what our resident USAPAians want to see happen (in the irony department).

2. Given the number of years above what would the Nic list look like after retirements?

1. Who knows.

2. The longer it takes the bigger the fist... and the more obvious what a "snap shot" accounts for (or rather, doesn't account for).

handi-stapler.jpg

Assuming the 9th Circus does not see it USAPA's way, it's entirely possible this thing is over late next year or early 2011 (assuming that the SCOTUS does not hear cert). Presumably the penalties ($$$$) will also be appealed, but I don't get the gist that that would matter so much.

I think Seeham (and his client) were a bit taken aback that their petition to fast-track this was not opposed. That's actually going to bring the endgame sooner, which seems to run contrary to what our resident USAPAians want to see happen (in the irony department).
You think so? Let's wait and see. I'd be betting it will all move forward with the Ninth Circuit, and everyone will get to start over again. The homer will have to explain his positions and I don't think they'll stand, IMHO. Too early for you to prognosticate in any event. Seemed like the 9th jumped on he bandwagon pretty quick not to be interisted.

You think so? Let's wait and see. I'd be betting it will all move forward with the Ninth Circuit, and everyone will get to start over again. The homer will have to explain his positions and I don't think they'll stand, IMHO. Too early for you to prognosticate in any event. Seemed like the 9th jumped on he bandwagon pretty quick not to be interisted.
Not sure who "the homer" is or who he will have to explain what, to. If you mean judge Wake I think the ninth will agree with his conclusions.

My opinion is that the ninth has been watching this case from the beginning. That they put it on a fast track to end this quick. Protecting and affirming binding arbitration is very important to the entire legal system.

My opinion is that the ninth has been watching this case from the beginning. That they put it on a fast track to end this quick. Protecting and affirming binding arbitration is very important to the entire legal system.

I'm not quite sure I agree with that. However I don't think they will be shirking away from it either.

Hi Spike.

Two thoughts. One, if you have read the Findings of Fact and Law and Order then I would ask how one could expect Judge Wake to "explain his positions" any more than he already has. Second, if the west coast Ninth Circuit rules for the appellees is there going to be a homer flag attached to that also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back