ALPA/USAPA Thread for the Week with a Poll 3/16-22

Should this thread be closed until after the election?

• Yes-the debate has been going on long enough-just vote

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No-information helpful to making a choice

• Allow official union information and press releases ONLY.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not going to happen, opposition or not. Shame if you think it will.
To what do you refer? You don't think USAPA will be the new bargaining agent? Man, you need to go back under your rock! If anyone is dumb enough to not pay their dues to make some sort of "statement", then they deserve what they get.

Attachments

• safety.gif
    safety.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 183
To what do you refer? You don't think USAPA will be the new bargaining agent? Man, you need to go back under your rock! If anyone is dumb enough to not pay their dues to make some sort of "statement", then they deserve what they get.

A 1.95% raise!!!

Actually I don't think of it as a statement. The voting will be the statement. Whether or not someone does or does not pay their dues (or agency fee) is not really much of a statement unless if they advertised it which would be even too dumb for those "rookie pilots" in the desert (as quoted by the East).

Maybe the U SAPS will surprise the West and announce the future PHX and LAS reps tomorrow. Oh I am holding my breath!

And then when we outnumber them we will reorder the seniority list again because as USAPA says, seniority is a creature of contract. In fact, maybe we will selectively place all east pilots hired before 2002 below the newest newhire on the property. Again, we have this right because seniority is a creature of contract and can justifiably be reorganized at will. The brain child of this new age thinking, Lee Seaham, should be around in five or so years to accomplish this rightful re-reordering. And after we get even fewer of them on the property, we can just make sure the whole right seat EMB190 fleet is filled with the easties hired before 2002- heck, we will just have an annual reordering of the list! Year after year! YES!!! I love this new found abstract thinking USAPA has invented. Life is so much more palatable with it- kind of like a ketamine induction...
Nice try, but totally out to lunch. You could have saved your BS and bandwidth with something a bit more credible for a um "person in your position". Amazing, I am in total awe of your logic and reason.

Nice try, but totally out to lunch. You could have saved your BS and bandwidth with something a bit more credible for a um "person in your position". Amazing, I am in total awe of your logic and reason.

Do you deny then that seniority is a "creature of contract"? And is it not the position of USAPA that it would like to negotiate a section 22 that is different than what Nic has ruled?

A 1.95% raise!!!
Short term only.
Actually I don't think of it as a statement. The voting will be the statement. Whether or not someone does or does not pay their dues (or agency fee) is not really much of a statement unless if they advertised it which would be even too dumb for those "rookie pilots" in the desert (as quoted by the East).
Huh?
Maybe the U SAPS will surprise the West and announce the future PHX and LAS reps tomorrow. Oh I am holding my breath!
In due time. Interviews are taking place. So I wouldn't hold my breath for too long, it might affect your brain. :lol: :lol:

Do you deny then that seniority is a "creature of contract"? And is it not the position of USAPA that it would like to negotiate a section 22 that is different than what Nic has ruled?
You are so funny in how you're scrambling. Going back over every detail would be an utter waste of time and also bandwidth. Whose contract does Nic reside in? You're correct if you said neither. What is the transition agreement? You are correct if you answer it is an ALPA derived document to merge 2 ALPA MEC's. Where does Nic reside? You are correct if you answered in the TA. I posted that ALPA attorneys said the TA disappears if USAPA wins. Figure it out yet? Enough said.

FYI:

Fellow pilot,

First and foremost the USAPA Safety Committee volunteers have in place an incident/accident protocol that will ensure that all pilots are provided unambiguous guidance as well as legal and contractual protections should an incident/accident occur the moment the election results are final.

On the first day USAPA becomes our union a phone call to the USAPA safety hotline by the involved pilot, from anywhere we fly, will trigger a procedure that will result in an immediate return call to the pilot from USAPA. Our union will provide the crew additional legal and union actions for the specific incident/accident while the USAPA Safety and legal team members travel to the site. By utilizing this advice as well as the incident/accident protocol, our crews will be assured the same protections they have always had as we transition to the USAPA Safety structure.

This protocol will be printed and distributed to each US Airways pilot as soon as it is legally permissible to do so.

The USAPA Safety Committee has garnered the full support of the Safety Committees of the Allied Pilots Association, Southwest Airlines Pilots Association, and the UPS Pilots Association. Those organizations have pledged to provide us with any assets, training, or technical expertise they possess as we transition and build the USAPA Safety structure utilizing the numerous safety experts we have here at our airline. USAPA also has the option to join the Coalition of Airline Pilots Association which is made up of all the independent pilots unions and the Flight Safety Foundation both of which can further our safety network. Including US Airways, CAPA would comprise over 28,000 pilots.

Our USAPA Safety Committee is made up of pilots who have many years of expertise both within as well as outside of the ALPA Safety structure. Many have been to ALPA safety training and will utilize that proficiency to continue and improve the fine tradition of safety that ALPA has provided. In our profession safety always trumps politics. In that vein we fully expect to utilize all of the expertise we have at our disposal regardless of political views. Safety isn’t about East vs. West or USAPA vs. ALPA. Safety is common ground and we will make certain to utilize all sources of expertise available to us both on and off this property just as other independent pilot unions do.

The USAPA Safety Committee isn’t going to reinvent the wheel. We don’t need to. We are going to maintain, improve, and expand the numerous safety policies and procedures already in place. We look forward to working with all of our pilots. For the Safety of our pilots and of our proud profession.

Safety Chairman Tom Kubik

Safety Co-Chairman Larry McCarroll

You are so funny in how you're scrambling. Going back over every detail would be an utter waste of time and also bandwidth. Whose contract does Nic reside in? You're correct if you said neither. What is the transition agreement? You are correct if you answer it is an ALPA derived document to merge 2 ALPA MEC's. Where does Nic reside? You are correct if you answered in the TA. I posted that ALPA attorneys said the TA disappears if USAPA wins. Figure it out yet? Enough said.

Thank you for confirming my assumptions. The U SAPS believe seniority is as Seham says "a creature of the contract" and as such is up for negotiation anytime the contract as a whole is being negotiated. If they pull this off then I can foresee Section 22 getting redone again when the numbers on property have reversed themselves and the former AAA'ers do not have the majority.

Thank you for confirming my assumptions. Seniority is as Seham says "a creature of the contract" and as such is up for negotiation anytime the contract as a whole is being negotiated.
Like I said. "An utter waste of time and bandwidth". You're still funny. Keep it up. Thanks!! :lol: :lol:

And then when we outnumber them we will reorder the seniority list again because as USAPA says, seniority is a creature of contract. In fact, maybe we will selectively place all east pilots hired before 2002 below the newest newhire on the property. Again, we have this right because seniority is a creature of contract and can justifiably be reorganized at will. The brain child of this new age thinking, Lee Seaham, should be around in five or so years to accomplish this rightful re-reordering. And after we get even fewer of them on the property, we can just make sure the whole right seat EMB190 fleet is filled with the easties hired before 2002- heck, we will just have an annual reordering of the list! Year after year! YES!!! I love this new found abstract thinking USAPA has invented. Life is so much more palatable with it- kind of like a ketamine induction...

Somehow you are forgetting that the union does not negotiate the contract with itself. It doesn't happen until the company signs off on it. Somehow I doubt that the company will, at the behest of a bunch of spoiled west pilots, reorder the seniority to suit themselves and then actually sign it. That would be equivalent to the company opening that section of the contract negotiations and demanding that the seniority be based on alphabetical order. I don't think the pilots would sign that one; I don't think the company will play along with your silly dream, either.

Like I said. "An utter waste of time and bandwidth". You're still funny. Keep it up. Thanks!! :lol: :lol:

Thank you for the non response to a legitimate question. BTW edited the post while you were replying.

nycbusdriver: But the company will for the EAST?

Thank you for the non response to a legitimate question. BTW edited the post while you were replying.

Geez. Are you incapable of comprehending even your own posts? What question? It was a statement.

The company will negotiate with whoever the Bargaining agent is. USAPA will represent all pilots. We just happen to disagree. What seniority list exists to merge 2 USAPA MEC's?

Geez. Are you incapable of comprehending even your own posts? What question? It was a statement.

The company will negotiate with whoever the Bargaining agent is. USAPA will represent all pilots. We just happen to disagree. What seniority list exists to merge 2 USAPA MEC's?

Relax there AAA73Pilot. My question was the first one on post 109. Your question puzzles me though. If USAPA wins there are no "2 USAPA MEC's" only one board of directors.

Somehow I doubt that the company will, at the behest of a bunch of spoiled west pilots, reorder the seniority to suit themselves and then actually sign it.
My point exaclty, Einstein. So why do you think the company will reorder the seniority list for you?

The company has already signed your current contract as well as mine. They both specify DOH in the seniority section, so I guess the company has not had any heartburn with DOH so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back