ALPA/USAPA Thread for the Week with a Poll 3/16-22

Should this thread be closed until after the election?

• Yes-the debate has been going on long enough-just vote

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No-information helpful to making a choice

• Allow official union information and press releases ONLY.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice try.

Lying is lying, misrepresentation is misrepresentation, though I should hardly be surprised that you would leap to his/her/their defense. After all logic, integrity, and reason have no place in destroying the evil that is the arbitrated seniority list.
if you are trying to impune my integrity, you should at least use quotes that are mine. I have returned from a leave of absence, not fulrough, to watch the utter desperation of the Westies as their "lottery ticket" (Kirby's quote, not mine) gets shredded.

You, sir, have no integrity. I won't burden the rest of the readers with the opinion I have of you or your attacks.

Let's vote, then you can start the healing process. Or, better yet, QUIT and move on. I'm sure here's a need somewhere for BAD fiction writers.

if you are trying to impune my integrity, you should at least use quotes that are mine. I have returned from a leave of absence, not fulrough, to watch the utter desperation of the Westies as their "lottery ticket" (Kirby's quote, not mine) gets shredded.

You, sir, have no integrity. I won't burden the rest of the readers with the opinion I have of you or your attacks.

Let's vote, then you can start the healing process. Or, better yet, QUIT and move on. I'm sure here's a need somewhere for BAD fiction writers.

I am not trying to "impugn your integrity".

I am calling you a lier.

All of those quotes are yours.

You have no integrity to impugn.

Those that defend you are like minded.

We know that there is zero percent chance of getting rid of Nicolau if we stay with ALPA. Even if there is only a 5% chance of getting rid of it by going to USAPA, then I vote for USAPA. Also, getting rid of a union with NO merger policy (requiring an arbitrator is a "non" policy), that absorbs 75% of the dues we pay at other than our airline, that gave away the pension, signed on to permanent concessions and many other abuses, is a big plus, as well.

I can't wait to get the voting materials in the mail. Should be any day now!

I look at it this way in terms of percentages. If we vote USAPA in, there's a 100% chance that ALPA will be sent packing. That is enough for me. It makes NO difference to me in my own selfish little world (I'm one of the 517) what the language is and what survives or doesn't survive the change in CBA. My sole hope is that ALPA goes away 100%, and hopefully goes out of business entirely 100%.

From a collegial standpoint, I want fairness for my co-workers who have sacrificed so much at the hands of inept management, terrorists, and clueless government only to be slapped around by the very union that is supposed to be looking out for their best interests. This is another reason that I vote for USAPA because if USAPA wins, there is a 100% chance that ALPA will go away.

Contract language does not matter. TA language does not matter. Rice Committee does not matter. Blue Ribbon Committee does not matter. Wyr River lockdown does not matter. What matters is ALPA MUST GO.

If Prater walked into Parker's office and tore Nicolau off the shelf and incinerated it and managed somehow to make it go away forever, I WOULD STILL VOTE USAPA because I have had enough of a national union that sucks our blood to maintain its own bloated structure and to better position our competitors to destroy what little we have left of our careers.

By the way, if USAPA wins, there is a 100% change that ALPA will GO THE HE** AWAY!

USAPA ran away??

Just got a call with the news that the 'All inclusive USAPA' ran away from the PHX road show.

Do they really want to represent the west pilots or are they just going through the motions to save a law suit?

Maybe we're not good enough for them!!

And you sir, are a LOSER. Just countin' the days

It took you forty-five minutes to come up with that?

Name calling, what a surprise. This is where your arguments always come to die.

Quite a repudiation.

You have established that you are a lier and are bereft of integrity.

As long as east arguments do not stray from this same script the west has nothing to fear, USAPA or not.

Quite a repudiation.

"ableoneable"
Rating: 1
View Member Profile
Find Member's Posts
Posted on: May 10 2007, 05:44 PM

Group: Registered Member
Member No.: 11,300

"Back in December I asked one of the merger commitee members their opinion on Nicolou. This individaul was very impressed. He said that the arbitrator was obviously very sharp and engaged. He was impressed"

"ableoneable"
Rating: 1
View Member Profile
Find Member's Posts
Posted on: May 10 2007, 05:44 PM

Group: Registered Member
Member No.: 11,300

"Back in December I asked one of the merger commitee members their opinion on Nicolou. This individaul was very impressed. He said that the arbitrator was obviously very sharp and engaged. He was impressed"

Is there a point?

I look at it this way in terms of percentages. If we vote USAPA in, there's a 100% chance that ALPA will be sent packing. That is enough for me. It makes NO difference to me in my own selfish little world (I'm one of the 517) what the language is and what survives or doesn't survive the change in CBA. My sole hope is that ALPA goes away 100%, and hopefully goes out of business entirely 100%.

From a collegial standpoint, I want fairness for my co-workers who have sacrificed so much at the hands of inept management, terrorists, and clueless government only to be slapped around by the very union that is supposed to be looking out for their best interests. This is another reason that I vote for USAPA because if USAPA wins, there is a 100% chance that ALPA will go away.

Contract language does not matter. TA language does not matter. Rice Committee does not matter. Blue Ribbon Committee does not matter. Wyr River lockdown does not matter. What matters is ALPA MUST GO.

If Prater walked into Parker's office and tore Nicolau off the shelf and incinerated it and managed somehow to make it go away forever, I WOULD STILL VOTE USAPA because I have had enough of a national union that sucks our blood to maintain its own bloated structure and to better position our competitors to destroy what little we have left of our careers.

By the way, if USAPA wins, there is a 100% change that ALPA will GO THE HE** AWAY!

Be honest now, you're going to miss the magazine.

Lying is lying, misrepresentation is misrepresentation, though I should hardly be surprised that you would leap to his/her/their defense. After all logic, integrity, and reason have no place in destroying the evil that is the arbitrated seniority list.
Logic, integrity and reason (note you should not place a comma after the next to last list item) are all the east pilots have to offer. Fact of the matter is, you cannot seem to read a post. I did not "come to anyone's defense". Had you any English reading skills, you would understand that. I pointed out that, were the poster a spouse of a pilot, that each quote with which you tried to damn the poster would be true. No defense needed.

I am simply saying that a mature individual would know that a reason for an action is rarely identified by the first thought that flies into ones mind. Had you put on your "thinking cap", you might have thought about alternative reasons for the poster making those statements. I supplied one. Your turn, as I know of one more. Try it.

"Inexperience might cause one to leap to conclusions. or, perhaps your primitive focus excludes likely options."

Ahh... So catching someone speaking out of both sides of their mouth and concluding that they have a problem with the truth is "leaping to a conclusion" which is the result of my "primitive focus".
I'll repeat, just for the "slow" people here.

You did not catch anyone lying or misrepresenting. Your, apparently, frightened mind is jumping to conclusions. If the poster is a spouse, each quote is true and you have proved how truthful the person is and have not "caught" anyone in a lie.

Eliminate personal attacks and character assassination and suddenly your postings become........ empty.
Is that a request to the moderator for some "shock and awe" from me? I don't know what to say.

Any personal attacks or character assassination on you had most everyone laughing, except of course, for those whose oxen were being gored.

Not all of us live on a computer, and,

please, please, please, try to use a spell checker.

Shucks, he took away my other suggestion that would render each quote as true.

As someone stated above, USAPA left the PHX roadshow early. I am curious to find out why. Unable to stand the heat one would guess...

Been watching the Jack show again. The theme I see is negotiate to mitigate. So with whom do we negotiate, since it takes two?

ALPA (AAA) sez we will make all well in the world by negotiating with the AWA MEC. It doesn't take Carnac to discover that ALPA (both AWA and the EC) isn't talking. So what does staying in ALPA give me again, I forget....

Keeping that open mind, Jack my old friend.

OK Folks,

The personal attacks stop now.

If your posts become empty without them, then that must tell you something eh?

Agreeable,

Check your PM's.

If this continues the thread will be closed, the responsible parties given time off, and no new ALPA thread will be opened until the end of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back