US Pilots Labor Discussion 6/10- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've asked a number of times-- could someone please explain to me why anyone out west would take sides much less pray that the east lose a case that the west has nothing to do with. Ex. MDA LOA 93.

Vsi0,

The reason the west is the way they are is because we on the east (yes I said "we") have done virtually everything imaginable to put them down and throw them under the proverbial bus in an attempt to make ourselves whole.

Vsi0,

The reason the west is the way they are is because we on the east (yes I said "we") have done virtually everything imaginable to put them down and throw them under the proverbial bus in an attempt to make ourselves whole.

You are fooling no one Westie

NICDOA
NPJB

I've asked a number of times-- could someone please explain to me why anyone out west would take sides much less pray that the east lose a case that the west has nothing to do with. Ex. MDA LOA 93.
Why would we care about something that does not effect the west?

Because you east pilots have been telling us that it does.

You tell us that the MDA case will rearrange the Nicolau list. That effects the west. Or were you guys lying to us and the people donating to that cause?

The LOA 93 snap back. What have you all told us? That if you get your snap back then you will never need a contract. Getting yours and leaving the west to rot. That effects the west.

So were you east guys lying about not effecting us or will it effect the west?

BTW where is the MDA case? Filing due on June 2 nothing filed since 3/24/10. Have the MDA guys given up or run out of money?

Looking at past history you'd be right, but that was before this merger. As I said, if East is right and merely changing unions alters the results it may well become more popular in the future. All it takes is a majority of a group wanting to do it and 6 months or so.
Jim

You make it sound as easy as changing a shirt. Heck, I never thought USAPA would knock over the incumbent ALPA.

But you bring up a good point Jim - if the arbitration is binding on the new union, wouldn't that be a HUGE power shift away from the rank and file to the National organization? It would remove the fear of being voted off a particular property since ALPA could impose anything on an MEC knowing it would follow to any successor.

The rank and file would have to suck it up with the current CBA since voting it out changes nothing.

That's because the west will do anything for the nic. Look at a couple of posts. There are posters that say they will scab over the nic. They scream unitiy, but only with nic. I fell they would vote for a concessionary contract if it included the nic. It's a cut your nose off to spite your face kind thing. To bad, they are going to own this place in just a few years anyway. Get the picture?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iglNcRUwvDlJfDT51gGN8SkmxOPQD9GCLS2G1 Congratulations to the Spirit Airlines pilots, they won over Bill Franke and will resume service Friday, It's easy when you get 100% particiation, we could never do that here because the west would scab in a minute!!!!

There are posters that say they will scab over the nic. They scream unitiy, but only with nic.
I believe they said that if the east went on strike over DOH, then the west would not honor it. A strike against a company for unfair labor practice and failure to negotiate a contract in good faith is one thing. A strike by a union who doesn't get their way against fellow employees is something totally different.

This is the fruit of your own actions. You can not do what you have done to the west, and think for a moment that they will be unified with you in any other effort.

I am a "Westie pilot". I am angry at my fellow westie pilots at wanting the nic-award to be put in place and utilized. I will make many posts now that the 9th has made its decision. I have not posted before this date, but I still should be considered, as my westie opinions are important and correct. I might change the mind of some of my fellow westies and get them to realize how unjust the nic-award was to all concerned. I know that if my fellow westie pilots would only listen to reason we could all get along and get a great contract.

I am a westie pilot.

Really.

I realize some readers might have difficulty believing my assertion. I am sure that I could come up with at least two hundred and thirty three examples of how true I am to my word.

Giggity.

You make it sound as easy as changing a shirt. Heck, I never thought USAPA would knock over the incumbent ALPA.

But you bring up a good point Jim - if the arbitration is binding on the new union, wouldn't that be a HUGE power shift away from the rank and file to the National organization? It would remove the fear of being voted off a particular property since ALPA could impose anything on an MEC knowing it would follow to any successor.

The rank and file would have to suck it up with the current CBA since voting it out changes nothing.
Replacing a union is not as easy as BB alludes. There were many negative events which aligned so many pilots which many people choose ignore. Greed is an easy justification for the ousting of ALPA because it fits. What doesn't fit is that a large percentage of the top 500 east voted against ALPA. If the top 500 voted in self interest, ALPA would still be our CBA. After all, they had nothing to loose except money and work rules. Choosing to work under LOA 93 should at least make one pause...

Ahhhh......tells you something about their makeup.........eh?

I am a "Westie pilot". I am angry at my fellow westie pilots at wanting the nic-award to be put in place and utilized. I will make many posts now that the 9th has made its decision. I have not posted before this date, but I still should be considered, as my westie opinions are important and correct. I might change the mind of some of my fellow westies and get them to realize how unjust the nic-award was to all concerned. I know that if my fellow westie pilots would only listen to reason we could all get along and get a great contract.

I am a westie pilot.

Really.

I realize some readers might have difficulty believing my assertion. I am sure that I could come up with at least two hundred and thirty three examples of how true I am to my word.
Kill, just shows how twisted you are and how LITTLE i value your posts.
Giggity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back