US Pilots Labor Discussion 6/10- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, disbelief over what unity can accomplish. He'll have none of it. Ever.

Bad old ALPA, and their bad old MCF. See how they treat the little guys!

I guess USAPA could recycle that old wooden card box (receipes for disaster is more like it) as a "warchest". Ha ha ha ha!
UNITY , alive and well EAST, UNITY, get over the "PLAN" it is a plan that focused on, lack of resolve, justice, and well for lack of better words "surrender" a big mistake! AOL>< CONTRIBUTE YOUR PAYCHECK! MM!

Who's insane?

Dunno, I just gave you a list of "declarations"..many of which you said yourself, so I don't expect you to answer.
Maybe start with whoever keeps throwing money down the drain at Mr. Harper's flea circus out there.
-for starters

Dunno, I just gave you a list of "declarations"..many of which you said yourself, so I don't expect you to answer.
Maybe start with whoever keeps throwing money down the drain at Mr. Harper's flea circus out there.
-for starters
MR. HARPERS FLEA CIRCUS, you got it right EXPENSIVE, 2 MIL, MEMO sold a bill of goods , show the badge backer proudly, good laughs are hard to find! MM! MD/ EF YOUR BOYS YOUNGER BRIGHTER SMARTER ANY POLYGRAPH WILL TELL YOU!

MR. HARPERS FLEA CIRCUS, you got it right EXPENSIVE, 2 MIL, MEMO sold a bill of goods , show the badge backer proudly, good laughs are hard to find! MM! MD/ EF YOUR BOYS YOUNGER BRIGHTER SMARTER ANY POLYGRAPH WILL TELL YOU!
"FULL PAY TO THE LAST DAY" since you saved the EAST must be livin on borrowed time! MM! SOUNDS LIKE LIVIN UP TO YOUR ACCUSATIONS!

Well, we once had joint picketing events (I warned them) which at least gave the appearance of unity. That, I agree did border on the insane, at least insanely naieve.

When the results didn't suit their sense of entitlement they chose to burn down the pilot group as a means of bolstering unity.

Who's insane?
I really hope your "luvn737's" your going be on it a while, unless of course you go to the 757 for the same pay.

A real union has called a strike at Spirit in order to improve their pay and working conditions as well as contribute to moving the bar upwards.

Cleary, your mouth is hanging open.

USAPA can only dream of the day when they have the unity to be relevant.

I wish them all the best.

Somehow I am afraid John Prater and Lance are going to recall the anniversary of April 17th a lot longer than they remember June 13th.

Well, we once had joint picketing events (I warned them) which at least gave the appearance of unity. That, I agree did border on the insane, at least insanely naieve.

When the results didn't suit their sense of entitlement they chose to burn down the pilot group as a means of bolstering unity.

Who's insane? WELL YOU ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION, 2 MIL for a dismiss, you AOL's PLZ send your next check for a group of people that don't have enough sense to know that a stacked deck of injustice will prevail over GREED, well then they claim corporate needs( SOUNDS OF MNGMNT) ARE THE PROBLEM! AND THAT GUN THING ! $%%^% PLEEZ what a bunch of "TAKE THE POLYGRAPH CRY BABIES" MM!

I wish them all the best.

Somehow I am afraid John Prater and Lance are going to recall the anniversary of April 17th a lot longer than they remember June 13th.

Guys check out Sprit's proposal..

Reply-To: [email protected]

If you can't see the images click here to view this e-mail in a browser.

SPIRIT PILOT CONTRACT OFFER

The Spirit pilots at the negotiating table worked incredibly hard and Spirit Airlines stepped up with them to get a contract that works for all parties and ensures our ability to grow and compete over the next five years. So why hasn’t this deal become a TA for you to vote on? It appears that interests other than just those of Spirit Airlines and its pilots took precedence.

ARE YOUR INTERESTS BEING REPRESENTED?

IS YOUR CAREER BEING SACRIFICED FOR THE BENEFIT OF LARGER ALPA CARRIERS?

DON’T LET OTHERS DETERMINE YOUR DESTINY!

The Offer as Presented to Your Negotiating Committee

The offer contains a 26% pay rate increase over the life of the contract, equating to a weighted average 42% pay rate increase for Captains and a weighted average 52% pay rate increase for First Officers, when step rate increases are included.

In addition to these averages and the rates below, it was agreed to offer $1,000,000 to be immediately allocated to all First Officers any way the Association determines!

Pay Rates

Annual salary (example)

The Details

• Ability to significantly grow your W-2
• Min duty period increases to 4.5 hour average for a multiple day trip and remains 4.0 hours for a single day
• 401(k) match of 8% at date of signing (DOS) increasing to 9% at DOS +3, further enhancing your retirement
• Vacation options:
o Bid for full annual allocation
o Bid for one week float vacation and remainder of allocation
o Elect to be paid for one week vacation (paid at end November) and bid remainder of allocation.
• Increased per diem rates:
o $2.00 DOS
o $2.05 DOS +1
o $2.10 DOS +2
o $2.15 DOS +3
o $2.20 DOS +4
• Furlough protection provision
• With a projected doubling in fleet size, all First Officers currently employed at Spirit should be upgraded to Captain by the end of the agreement
• A signing bonus of $10,000 per Pilot if agreeing to one free from duty period of a minimum guaranteed 4 days off per month and 3 day minimum day free from duty periods for the remainder of the month; the company strongly believes the proposed minimum day off change still provides good flexibility for commuters, allows or potentially improves quality of scheduling for non-commuters, aligns us more closely to industry standard and ensures we capture all of the agreed to productivity enhancements, OR
• A signing bonus of $3,000 per Pilot and keep CBA language on 4 days off

WORK RULE CHANGES

All parties recognized the need to address work rule challenges and the Spirit pilots did a great job in offering enhancements in:

• Conflict/Transition
• Reserve
• Reserve RAP Flexibility
• Line build to 90 hours/month
• JRM accountability
• WDO
• Insurance

Action

Do not be bullied by a national agenda to help AirTran, Jazz, Pinnacle, Trans States, Continental/United and others. Do what is right for you, your family and your fellow employees. Don’t be the scapegoat to a national agenda by sacrificing your livelihood. Spirit has offered a very fair contract. Spirit values the pilots and believes strongly that a pilot job at Spirit is well worth having.

Ensure you have all the information about this critical discussion. Understand what is being offered and call your Association representatives to discuss what is fair.

Spirit Airlines, 2800 Executive Way, Miramar, FL 33025

=

Gee now USAPA has rewritten the US Constitution?

Since when does a court ruling make a law without Congress passing it and the President signing it?

No law was created because of the decision.

I love it, did the East Pilots all pass the Bar now and are lawyers too?

Happens all the time. The authoritarian Republican party uses the catchphrase "Legislating from the bench" as a rallying cry any time a Democrat president nominates anyone to the federal bench who is left of Attila the Hun.

School busing in Kansas City comes to mind as a high profile example. The judge told them how they were to do it, and they did.

With a fence how do we, all us airways pilots, share in any growth or new routes or equipment?

That has nothing to do with what each brought to the merger that is what happened because of the merger.

Ask the NWA pilots what they think of the 20 year fences.

The fences don't have to be 20 years like NW had.

8 - 10 years this airline will be yours. The "enemy" will be retired.

Guys check out Sprit's proposal..

ARE YOUR INTERESTS BEING REPRESENTED?

IS YOUR CAREER BEING SACRIFICED FOR THE BENEFIT OF LARGER ALPA CARRIERS?

Spirit Airlines, 2800 Executive Way, Miramar, FL 33025

Mgmnt is paying attention. They know some pilots have reason to hate ALPA more than the company. :lol:

I'm still having a hard time figuring out how what USAPA calls a win (the freedom to do everything but their Prime Directive (screw the west)), equates to Spirit actually working within the structure of ALPA to pull off a strike for their own betterment. When they do secure their gains they will proudly have themselves to thank.

When USPA falls flat on its face over and over again, it looks for someone else to blame.

Again, anyone want to clarify how those two are equated: Hard Work, Sacrifice and Honor with Tyranny, Greed and Self Centeredness?

Spirit - "We might not love ALPA, but it's the best tool available to help us secure our futures"

USAPA - "We hate ALPA so we quit. Who cares about anyone future, I retire in 3 years. Did I tell you we hate ALPA?"

I'm still having a hard time figuring out how what USAPA calls a win (the freedom to do everything but their Prime Directive (screw the west)), equates to Spirit actually working within the structure of ALPA to pull off a strike for their own betterment. When they do secure their gains they will proudly have themselves to thank.

When USPA falls flat on its face over and over again, it looks for someone else to blame.

Again, anyone want to clarify how those two are equated: Hard Work, Sacrifice and Honor with Tyranny, Greed and Self Centeredness?

Spirit - "We might not love ALPA, but it's the best tool available to help us secure our futures"

USAPA - "We hate ALPA so we quit. Who cares about anyone future, I retire in 3 years. Did I tell you we hate ALPA?"

You are the one who introduced a comparison of Spirit and USAPA, saying one is a real union and the other is a fake one. Normally someone who ventures to make a point is obligated to make their case, rather than demand others prove his proposition is wrong.

Have at it. :lol:

Who's insane? WELL YOU ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION, 2 MIL for a dismiss, you AOL's PLZ send your next check for a group of people that don't have enough sense to know that a stacked deck of injustice will prevail over GREED, well then they claim corporate needs( SOUNDS OF MNGMNT) ARE THE PROBLEM! AND THAT GUN THING ! $%%^% PLEEZ what a bunch of "TAKE THE POLYGRAPH CRY BABIES" MM!

Was that supposed to make sense??

Well...maybe to you.

You might want to re-post so us regular folks out here know what the hell you're talking about......

Men..............:)

If we merge with AA are you going to demand a fence around CLT,PHL and DCA too.

Would any of you accept being locked into your current base for the rest of your career?
Of course they wouldn't. In that case it doesn't favor them or help them fix their broken careers on the backs of others.

Right now they're all screaming "Fences" from the roof tops. Back in the attempted 2000 merger with UA, the UA pilots suggested fencing them into their little regional airline and out of the cockpits of our 747's and 777's. Guess what? They screamed bloody murder!

This is all very calculated. Nothing fair about their intentions whatsoever. You guys on the west stick to your guns, and sue them into oblivion if they try the cram down. You have the moral, legal, and financial advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back