US Pilots' Labor Thread 4/28-5/5--NO PERSONAL REMARKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with that, but I haven't seen an actual transcript of what the court reporter caught and how it came across on the record. However, in person my read was that Mr. Brengle was raising the same objections and his intent was to disrupt the cross-examination, which is not allowed.

As for preparedness, I thought he was prepared sufficiently. However, I really need to find a transcript and analyze it for what was said. My initial opinion was that it was a wash.
look everyone!...the paralegal thinks it was a wash. Well, that settles that.

The East case does not hinge on Sully, but hey, lets recap:

Hudson River event: 3 weeks of continuous National network coverage...can't find a channel not covering it, ad ininitem...every single day...washing over and over into people's minds.
"Hero Sully..." "Miracle on the Hudson..." etc etc....(you get the idea)

In court, 20 minutes of dialogue wherein Sully spoke about a failed policy, shocking unfairness, etc etc...

hmmm.... 500 hours of National network coverage versus 20 minutes on a stand fielding some questions by a rogue lawyer trying to shoot him down...

(yeah, a wash...) With a whole weekend to consider in their mind the most imprinted impressions?....the West is in trouble....just from day 1....

I note the carpet-bombing now of Sully on these boards since he "had no dog in this"...

He spoke HIS truth....was he prepared? maybe...isn't EVERYONE who goes on the stand?...paralegal/counselor?

You seem to be compelled to render your impressions from your vast legal experience on these boards, so I think it's apprpriate to have you expound on your credentials that warrant such testimony....

Now, Sully PERSONALLY will be denied the J/S from West Captains....that will be great headlines going forward...maybe we can call your "New Times" people and run an ad...

The (predictable) West reaction to this is self-explanatory....destroy Sully since he destroyed you

Whatever....he has a book deal.

You get DOH with a fence.

I just got done reading these posts and the ones on the AZ Repulbic. So, Sully is the anti-Christ now? Now all the jumpseat Nazis come out screaming "No jumpseat for you -- Sully." I can't believe some of you call yourselves airline pilots. Sorry, but some of you are too scary and I wouldn't want you being my pilot. You should all be ashamed.

Later,
Eye

P.S. Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger, the pilot who succeesfully ditched his plane in the Hudson River and who will be one of the featured authors at BEA, has selected Jeffrey Zaslow as his coauthor for his autobiography, which will be called Highest Duty: My Search for What Really Matters. Zaslow is the coauthor of the still bestselling The Last Lecture and is also the author of the just released The Girl from Ames. William Morrow will be publishing Highest Duty December 1.

You seem to be compelled to render your impressions from your vast legal experience on these boards, so I think it's apprpriate to have you expound on your credentials that warrant such testimony....

Ten years of litigation experience. Is that good enough?

Oh, and by the way, I didn't provide testimony. It was my impressions of how I perceived what I saw in court. If you were there I would be glad to read your personal observations.

QUOTE (EastUS @ May 2 2009, 01:53 PM) *
I don't feel that you west folks need anymore "help" from my postings. I believe that you're doing a wonderful job evidencing your true colors and "Integrity" all by yourselves........."

Of course, I'm sure that's why.
:rolleyes:

It is why. It's honestly embarrasing to be even remotely associated with your group at this point.

Oh, and by the way, I didn't provide testimony. It was my impressions of how I perceived what I saw in court. If you were there I would be glad to read your personal observations.

It's obviously a rather "charged" atmosphere around here lately hp..to put it rather mildly. For what it's worth? = I figure you're calling it as you see it. Having sat on several juries myself...well...it all really just comes down to what the people think/feel/etc behind that door, as you clearly know and understand. For me? = I appreciate your input, even though we've all got our respective "side" filters up, but, again; I think you're "calling it as you see it".

Yeah...let's hope the jurors don't sneak a peek at this board either. It's getting pretty toxic.

flybynite,
I doubt it, but I wouldn't be surprised if a juror (or family member) took a sneek peak the AZ Republic and blog posts. I have to say the comments from the West pilots over there are downright embarassing. As a passenger I would be thinking: Are these people safe to fly with? With that attitude, absolutely not.

The venom is just atrocious and speaks volumes of the character(s), or lack thereof, of the pilot posters over there. In the long run, whichever way the verdict goes, can the company recover? If I were Parker and Kirby I'd step in and make sure these groups never, ever fly together. It's a recipe for disaster. It really is.

Later,
Eye

No...you didn't answer my question....credentials....licensure....not "exposure"

I could be an ex-submarine Captain....does that make me an expert on asbestos?

While you have valiantly tried to disguise your West slant, to that end, you have failed.

I take exception to your flippant pontifications as though they have some bearing on the matter...they don't (as you well know)...but you seem to believe they do, or that they are somehow relevant to the matter. Unless your spouse is an ex-HP pilot...I fail to see the connection here.

I don't object to you posting here...I object to the manner in which you share your opinion, in that you interweave matters of law with your particular perspective on how it relates...and in that, few of us care.

I hope thats clear...and your avoidance of some points previously made is noted.

The hypocrisy is bone crushing. The sad thing is, the average Eastie, including Lucky Sully, don't see it.

Also, Lucky Sully is the worlds worst actor even with all that rehearsal. On the stand, Lucky Sully couldn't define or describe the word "Integrity" with any consistency.,

Perhaps he should attempt to explain "moral relativism" to his toddler, he certainly has that one figured out.

Well, we, and Parker, will have you to thank for sabotaging the "feel-good" towards this company (via the Hudson event) by your actions and your words.

"Lucky"...

USAirways experienced over 3 weeks of continuously positive national network coverage over this....

Between your type, and Parkers idiocy....it'll all go down the drain

cangratulations

I am wondering how to vote on the west furlough medical. Is it hypocritical for me to vote for USAPA to fund it when no one out west supported parity for the east and the west doesn't pay dues, seems odd to expect the east to shoulder the financial burden to supply medical insurance to the only pilot group in history to actively supress the wages of another pilot group. Can't there be a west assesment through AWAPPA or AOL. I feel bad for the furlough guys caught in the middle. It should never have come to this. The west should have been proactive and funded this on their own. What do you guys think, Toganoflex, EastUS, nic4us, V1cut...et al.

FLAMING COMMENTS DELETED BY MODERATOR

I am wondering how to vote on the west furlough medical. Is it hypocritical for me to vote for USAPA to fund it when no one out west supported parity for the east and the west doesn't pay dues, seems odd to expect the east to shoulder the financial burden to supply medical insurance to the only pilot group in history to actively supress the wages of another pilot group. Can't there be a west assesment through AWAPPA or AOL. I feel bad for the furlough guys caught in the middle. It should never have come to this. The west should have been proactive and funded this on their own. What do you guys think, Toganoflex, EastUS, nic4us, V1cut...et al. :

Exactly what do you think the West could have done to get you MORE MONEY? ALPA didn't get you any more money, USAPA is completely paralyzed by their own actions that they haven't stopped fighting the legal battles from day one. IOW, USAPA will never get you any more money until the seniority thing is figured out. Even then, it's a totally open question how an unproven upstart union run by a bunch of incompetent amateurs is going to get you a nickle in parity. So, if both your "legally certified" bargaining agents haven't gained an inch at getting you any more money, how effectual do you think 1/3 of the pilot group will be to that end? Oh, by the way, that 1/3rd, is a certified class that is suing you in federal court for the attempted theft of their careers. The ONLY person that says you have the legal right to do this is Seham. I'd be nervous if I were hanging my hat on that. Anyway, just answer the question, What could the west pilots have done for you that neither CBA could? Let's even assume the legal stuff and the evasion of binding arbitration hadn't happened...

I submit this: The west could have gained you NOTHING either. Parker has been more than clear that the parity issue is the only lever they have to get you guys to the table. Think about it. If the shoe were on the other foot, and you guys made more money than the west, there would be no righteous indignation about the lack of parity. Quite the opposite, you'd use it as a weapon against the binding arbitration award. All I read in your post is more blame, blame, BLAME. There's a shocker. :lol: "Actively suppressed wages" There's a laugh. I believe it's only EAST finger prints on LOA 93. Keep lookin' for that boogey man, look everywhere but the mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back