US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, that comment was directed at Nos, and only Nos. Back during the whole "guilt by association" game, you were insulted about being grouped in with supporters of the up-skirt guy. Notice that I did not mention anyone but Nos.

But since you are so curious, this is another gem created by your comrade. It's the "If you don't deny my accusation you are guilty as charged" game. Nos has had at least three opportunities to deny it and has not. Therefore he has proven I am right, according to his own rules.

Jetz, I have never scabbed or worked at an airline that has pilots who have done so until the america west pilots arrived. You can not say the same. The combination of united and continental has provided the world with the most scabs that have ever been together at one time, in the history of airlines. alpa snob.

You started the scab plot in the recent posts, not I. Check the history of the last few days.

Why are you here every day on this forum preaching on how pilots should be acting? Because you are an alpa propaganda plant.

Your airline has the most scabs in the free world on one airline by far. You recalled your negotiating committee. You are in the process of recalling your alpa mec leader and many locals. You have no progress in your contract with united airlines management, yet you are on here daily to pontificate and criticize USAPA and the east pilots. You are a hypocrite.

Your witness sir.

For the record, that comment was directed at Nos, and only Nos. Back during the whole "guilt by association" game, you were insulted about being grouped in with supporters of the up-skirt guy. Notice that I did not mention anyone but Nos.

But since you are so curious, this is another gem created by your comrade. It's the "If you don't deny my accusation you are guilty as charged" game. Nos has had at least three opportunities to deny it and has not. Therefore he has proven I am right, according to his own rules.

Thanks for clearing that because you were playing that all as one did game. The east side must be one of the most scab free airlines in the country.

I always taught my kids that emulating someone else's behavior was no excuse, the "well he/she did it! was never an appropriate excuse. I guess you and Jim were never taught that, as you are carrying it on.

Thanks for clearing that because you were playing that all as one did game. The east side must be one of the most scab free airlines in the country.

I always taught my kids that emulating someone else's behavior was no excuse, the "well he/she did it! was never an appropriate excuse. I guess you and Jim were never taught that, as you are carrying it on.
Did you teach your kids to honor their commitments, or to simply ignore them if:

1. They didn't get what they wanted and

2. In their estimation, they feel the other party to the agreement can be strong armed and is unable to defend itself?

IMO you can shove your moral compass the same place $e$ham shoved your integrity and LOA93.

Did you teach your kids to honor their commitments, or to simply ignore them if:

1. They didn't get what they wanted and

2. In their estimation, they feel the other party to the agreement can be strong armed and is unable to defend itself?

IMO you can shove your moral compass the same place $e$ham shoved your integrity and LOA93.

I have taught my kids to honor their commitments and when we have talked about what is going on around here I tell them that I have real heartburn about that part of it. It was one of the reasons that I voted for ALPA, not that I had any use for them, but we would have a better leg to stand on by going that route. I have also taught them that sometimes the outcome of something is so bad that people can't accept it and if you are on the winning end of it you need to understand that. Right or wrong, that's how the majority of guys felt over here, that the Nic was outside the lines. If your child was wrongly convicted of a crime, would you try any appeal that might work, or just say "well, that's how the system works"? I've had lots of disagreements with my east friends over the handling of this, but I have accepted that this is the road we are going down. I suggest you accept it and let it play out.

With the last line you show what your moral compass is made of.

I want to be the first to say - HAPPY BIRTHDAY USAPA!

:lol:

Southwest and AAI agree to seniority integration process: http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/04/southwest-airtran-pilot-unions.html

We will NEVER give up what is rightfully ours as determined by the arbitration process. Bank on it.

Oh, and enjoy LOA93.

let's count the number of posts that the west tries to convince us what is best for us.

It's not your decision pal.
No it's not, and that's why it's sooooo entertaining to watch the USAPA diehards squirm. NOTHING has panned out for you fools. Three years and you've got NOTHING to show for your actions, except making a hack attorney rich for telling you what you want to hear.

No it's not, and that's why it's sooooo entertaining to watch the USAPA diehards squirm. NOTHING has panned out for you fools. Three years and you've got NOTHING to show for your actions, except making a hack attorney rich for telling you what you want to hear.

And exactly what is it that has panned out for you Aqua? What do you have to show for the last 3 years? I would say we were even................. except for the fact that the West has furloughs and the East has new hires. West pilots that were Captains are now F/O's............. East pilots that were F/O's are now Captains. East furloughed pilots are widebody F/O's. Yes.....we have nothing to show for it.

Southwest and AAI agree to seniority integration process: http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/04/southwest-airtran-pilot-unions.html

We will NEVER give up what is rightfully ours as determined by the arbitration process. Bank on it.

Oh, and enjoy LOA93.

Yes.....the first two lines of the article read:

"Southwest Airlines , AirTran Airways and their pilot unions said Thursday they've got an agreement on how they will negotiate the merging of the pilot seniority lists.

Listen carefully here. They didn't say they've agreed on how they would integrate the seniority lists. They agreed on how they would go about talking about integrating the seniority lists."

I always taught my kids that emulating someone else's behavior was no excuse, the "well he/she did it! was never an appropriate excuse.
I happen to agree. I also happen to think that while maintaining your integrity is important above all, there comes a time when standing up to a bully (ie: abusive person) becomes justified and even necessary. First you try rational discussion and reasoning. When that fails you move on to other tools. If the person is completely unreachable and immature, then the last resort is speaking to them in the only language that they understand. That is where Jim and I and others are at this point, especially with Nos.

I see you are still taking your swipes though. Will rational discussion work with you, or do we have to speak your language as well? Jim and I certainly know those values you speak of. Your condescending tone was obvious.

Here's another value you probably know, but do not seem to practice here. People should police their own troublemakers if they want to maintain their own respect. Turning a blind eye or making excuses for them only enables the behavior further. Eventually others will step in and do the job you should have been doing all along.

As for scabs, I agree that you have few. I can not control what happened before my time. I can say there has never been a scab at UA since my employment began. There are very few scabs left at UA that were a result of the '85 strike. Don't know much about the CO scabs except that most of them are retired. Scabs are a disgusting and unfortunate byproduct of many (not all) strikes. Remind me when again the number of scabs that crossed the line at USAir's last pilot strike, and what was the date of that strike when US pilots stood up to managements unfair demands?

I have taught my kids to honor their commitments and when we have talked about what is going on around here I tell them that I have real heartburn about that part of it.

I have also taught them that sometimes the outcome of something is so bad that people can't accept it and if you are on the winning end of it you need to understand that.

So what I hear you saying is that you stick to your values and morals... to a point. But then you must know when to take a stand. Kinda like Jim and I perhaps?

Example: his latest lies and misinformation about UA's progress in contract negotiations. How many sections has USAPA closed and in what amount of time? Now same question for UA. The evidence very easily proves him wrong, yet he repeats his lies day in and days out, beating his drum, spewing his nonsense. He thinks he might sway someone's opinion, then he turns around and calls other people shills and secret ALPA operatives trying to sway opinion. It's all very bizarre and twisted.

Another example: lies about the UA MEC recall attempt that did not have the votes to move forward, and never will. Yet again he thinks repeating those lies over and over will make them true when the simple evidence shows the contrary.

Of course we all know about the other lies he's been spewing in his 650 posts since he showed up here last November. Sure has a lot of nonsense to say in such a short amount of time. So here we are dishing it right back because no one else says a word about it. Again, maybe you should consider speaking up yourself. Or at least the very least (in your own words) "you need to understand that" and stop acting like you don't know why we respond to him the way we do.

And exactly what is it that has panned out for you Aqua? What do you have to show for the last 3 years?
No DOH. The theft of our seniority has been averted.

I would say we were even................. except for the fact that the West has furloughs and the East has new hires.
Yes. We will never forget what you've done to us. We shrank by 20 airframes while hundreds of your furloughs were recalled, furloughs who had no prospects of ever returning to US Airways absent the merger.

Now, however, you're the ones on LOA93. All the pain for the West has been had, but for the East, think about it: $110 oil, the Eurozone in trouble . . . where's Doug going to cut in '11? Take a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back