US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We are comfortable with our position"....

The fact usapa "demanded" a disingenuous arbitration in the first place is very telling.

Oh well, can't tell the real men of genius anything.

But just on the outside chance the east did not fully comprehend it the first 100 or so times you were told this, I will reiterate the most important aspect of the position you are in. You are not getting a DOH seniority integration.

That and, at this point, your only options are the Nic or LOA93. But, usapa already knows this, why else would they "demand" an arbitration they have virtualy no chance of winning.

You really don't know anything about this. We gave you a lot of pertinent information, which you choose to ignore. If we win this? You will be forever without a joint contract. Not that you are going to get one anytime soon as long as you keep demanding the unachievable Nicolau. As your name states. I will never allow someone like you to jump the line. Would rather take the entire ship down, than surrender my seniority to a more un deserving entitled group. You are going to have to earn your position here, not demand it from someone who has been in that position years and years more than your group. We will NEVER give in to the west. I see you floating away with Republic long before a merger is consummated. It is going to give new meaning to "ALL THE RISK LIES WITH THE WEST......"

Parker and kirby have said many times there's no value in splitting the company up. Current different pay scales have very little dollar amount to the bottom line quoted as such by management. The company has been integrated except for the pilots and flight attendants for reasons why most can see. Of course, take all of this for what's it worth...and of course east bankruptcy wages and atsb west constraint wages don't hurt either, but helps immensely to the bottom line.

I see AA going after more Jblu feed on the east coast and ever since I've been a pilot for the last 25+ years AA has been bed partners with Alaska for their west coast feed. These will only strengthen and where us airways fits in all of this remains to be seen.

But of course, pilots always have the answers...right.... :lol:

Otter
WELL, you guys are the ones who say he doesn't mean what he says. So if he said there is no value in splitting it up, perhaps there is. According to west pilots and Parker. Who do we believe today? Parker, or what you want us to?

WELL, you guys are the ones who say he doesn't mean what he says. So if he said there is no value in splitting it up, perhaps there is. According to west pilots and Parker. Who do we believe today? Parker, or what you want us to?

If I were parker and had nothing on the front burner happening, I would probably do the same thing...keeping the east pilots doing what they do best...which is to forget reality and make up your own reality(seham/usapa) to benefit the shareholders and owners of which he's one of the biggest..... :D

Otter

Parker made investors hundreds of millions of
dollars. Nobody cares about your whiney self-centric list of complaints. They're meaningless. Parker will be just fine.
I think they call this the "Stockholm syndrome". P.S. Parker does not have your back.

Given our current debt to equity ratio this stock is tapped out, next play, M&A split it up, any potential suitors have their own groups ie maint,res, etc and don't need those puzzle pieces, splitting EAST and WEST in the current climate, a sure win for the stockholders! MM

If I were parker and had nothing on the front burner happening, I would probably do the same thing...keeping the east pilots doing what they do best...which is to forget reality and make up your own reality(seham/usapa) to benefit the shareholders and owners of which he's one of the biggest..... :D

Otter
Hopefully this thing will get merged shortly, most likely with Alaska. There is no way Parker will sit on it if he gets a chance to sell. I really can't see anyone happy to get the west operation, which sits right in Southwests back yard. If you didn't have a link into the east route system, Southwest would continue to hack away at the west operation. Your only refuge is to fly our routes, which are mostly out of Southwests' sphere. CLT is very much out of it for now. Hopefully Republic will make a bid for that PHX piece, you will get what you want, and we will too. Somebody would be very happy to pick up CLT, which is a great city, and the PHL with the Int'l ops.

Hopefully this thing will get merged shortly, most likely with Alaska.

Strike one - won't happen. AS is absolutely, positively not looking for a merger partner.

out of Southwests' sphere. CLT is very much out of it for now.

Strike 2...you need to keep up with current events better.

Somebody would be very happy to pick up CLT, which is a great city, and the PHL with the Int'l ops.

Strike three...Nobody picks a hub because it's a "great city". PHL int'l? A joke compared with what's right up and down the interstate.

If a breakup comes, you can definitely count on the fault line NOT being along the Mississippi...

Jim

I agree, this place will be split and I think Parker and company are finished in the airline industry, with his DUI's and absolute lack of leadership, the way employees are treated around here, and is inability ro merge to small airlines plus the idenity theft debacle, what a legacy he will leave behind.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You really don't know anything about this. We gave you a lot of pertinent information, which you choose to ignore. If we win this? You will be forever without a joint contract. Not that you are going to get one anytime soon as long as you keep demanding the unachievable Nicolau. As your name states. I will never allow someone like you to jump the line. Would rather take the entire ship down, than surrender my seniority to a more un deserving entitled group. You are going to have to earn your position here, not demand it from someone who has been in that position years and years more than your group. We will NEVER give in to the west. I see you floating away with Republic long before a merger is consummated. It is going to give new meaning to "ALL THE RISK LIES WITH THE WEST......"

1. I know a lot about the LOA93 grievence. I have a 12 page letter from the company, stating their case, and I have been listening to east losers spouting off for some time now. "If you win this? we will never have a contract? Really? Swan, that is no threat coming from a usapa supporter whose entire reason for being is to block a joint contract and implementation of the Nic. Just read the rest of your post for proof. Actually, I have said all along I hope you win it. You will never collect, but we would then be on the fast track to a Nic inclusive joint contact.

2. What line would I be jumping? I was not added to your line, our lines were merged. You are right, I am making one demand. I demand that the contracts I have with the company and the east pilots are honored. If you do not like it, then pay the price for renegeing on your contracts, and stop with all the weasel tactics like the LOA93 grievence. If that means you have to STFD, make sure you have the support of the top 1000 east pilots who own the top of Nic list before you kill their golden goose and do something rash and get yourself fired.

3. The pilot usapa wishes to put in front of me with their DOH seniority theft scandal does have not have years and years more time than myself. He does however have years and years more furloughed time than myself.

4. What is wrong with Repulic? You keep talking like you are somehow better than the Republic employees. Frankly, a merger with Republic, where we take all the A320 aircraft, would have a fleet with approx 300 A318/319/320/321 aircraft, plus e175/190, plus their smaller rj for feed, and you have a very modern streamlined fleet for coverage of the domestic market. Add to that say 16 330s and growth into the A350 for the Europe market, and you know what you have left? A bunch of unemployed east pilots who file disingenous grievences.

Do you have any problem if management goes to jail or should everyone be allowed to just to want they want without any recourse?
Do you mean just do what they want like reneging on a mutually agreed upon arbitration?

The punishment should fit the crime.

Lucky for them you're not the judge.

Hopefully this thing will get merged shortly, most likely with Alaska. There is no way Parker will sit on it if he gets a chance to sell. I really can't see anyone happy to get the west operation, which sits right in Southwests back yard. If you didn't have a link into the east route system, Southwest would continue to hack away at the west operation. Your only refuge is to fly our routes, which are mostly out of Southwests' sphere. CLT is very much out of it for now. Hopefully Republic will make a bid for that PHX piece, you will get what you want, and we will too. Somebody would be very happy to pick up CLT, which is a great city, and the PHL with the Int'l ops.

3:01 pm | April 10, 2011 |
Business
Airline execs discuss mergers, innovation
The Arizona Republic

In an executive panel at an airline conference that wrapped up Friday in Phoenix, industry players' conversations ran the gamut from industry consolidation to whether market share is impacted by investments in technology and operational strategies during winter storms.

Doug Parker, CEO of US Airways, lauded the many U.S. airline mergers that occurred within the past six years and the reduction of the number of seats in the air. Those factors led to a majority of the industry's biggest players reporting profits in 2010, he said.

The comments followed his assertion on Wednesday that US Airways would be part of the next big merger.

Scott Kirby, the company's president, also was a proponent of the airline's consolidation, likely with one of the industry's bigger players.

Kirby said Friday that the carrier could not merge with airlines that have a smaller market share, such as JetBlue Airways or Alaska Air, because their cost structures differ so greatly from US Airways and because their route networks aren't compatible with that of US Airways. US Airways is based in Tempe. JetBlue and Alaska each commanded 3 percent of the market share in 2010, compared with US Airways' 10 percent.

US Airways had the fifth-largest market share in 2010, trailing United Continental Holdings, Delta Air Lines, American Airlines and the share held by Southwest Airlines and AirTran, whose merger is pending.

Moving from the business side, Parker discussed a topic that directly affects fliers' experience in the air.

Although carriers should make investments that will generate sufficient returns in an effort to sustain long-term profitability, he said on occasion domestic airlines turn toward investments that don't make economic sense.

He pointed to the installation of Internet on planes as an example.

"What we end up paying for the product doesn't come close to covering the costs . . . at least not now," Parker said.

He said that domestic airlines such as US Airways invest in products such as Wi-Fi because they are worried competitors will take a portion of their market share if they don't make the investment.

Their slice of the market largely never changes, however, because over time all carriers opt in to purchasing the product or service, he said.

"You cannot drive market share through product differentiation," Parker said.

Stephen Kavanagh, chief commercial officer of Ireland-based Aer Lingus, suggested implementing a new Wi-Fi business model that shifts the cost burden from the airline to the service provider.

He said Internet providers should assume the costs of retrofitting a carrier's plane and provide the airlines with a commission.

Wrapping up the 20th annual Phoenix Sky Harbor International Aviation Symposium, the executives discussed the havoc bad weather can bring, and the best approach when it happens.

During storm season, sometimes canceling a mass number of flights a few days before a big storm hits makes the most economic sense for the airlines, Parker said.

"We may be able to fly, but if it looks bad, we start canceling early," he said.

In years past, airlines tried to get as many planes off the ground as possible, he said. But that led to people being displaced all over the system and displeased customers several days after the storm had blown over.

Parker said US Airways' new mindset is "when the storm is over, we'll be ready to go."

Weather troubles could wane to some degree with the rollout of the NextGen air-traffic control system in the next five to 10 years, said Henry Krakowski, chief operating officer of Air Traffic Organization with the Federal Aviation Administration.

While the implementation of NextGen initiatives won't relieve delays and cancellations due to major storms, it could assist pilots and air-traffic controllers at airports that experience delays due to milder weather factors such as fog

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/business/articles/2011/04/10/20110410airline-executives-discuss-mergers-innovation.html#ixzz1JA0I9i83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back