US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions from a lurker:

Has anyone actually been harmed by the release of the address list?

Does anyone know the law regarding this? Does someone have to have been actually harmed by improper release of this data for it to be considered a crime? Would criminal intent be a component of illegality of this?

I ask not to be provocative, but because I don't know the answers. I would assume that if there is no harm, there is no crime, but I'm by no means an authority in this area.

The usual jackwagon replies are not necessary; just informed answers please--

(Okay, maybe the jackwagon thing is a little provocative...)

Good questions - I was going to answer but decided to wait to see what others have to say. It should be interesting...

Jim

Another question.....how do I unsubscribe to their mailing list? I don't want their BS in my mailbox and believe I have the right to tell them to take me off their list!

Questions from a lurker:

A couple months after the first mailer went out my credit card was stolen and several purchases were made on my behalf online. It was only my electronic identity that was compromised - I still had physical possession of the card itself.

This is the first time something has happened to me, I am VERY careful with these things after seeing a family member get really hosed on an identity theft several years ago.

Yes, the purchases were made 'out west' and no, I hadn't been there for at least 10 years.

Are the two related? I don't think so but the timing is a huge coincidence. My main concern is who/what/where was the chain of custody. Who had access, how many copies were made and did it slip out to a 3rd party.

Questions from a lurker:

Does anyone know the law regarding this? Does someone have to have been actually harmed by improper release of this data for it to be considered a crime? Would criminal intent be a component of illegality of this?

I ask not to be provocative, but because I don't know the answers. I would assume that if there is no harm, there is no crime, but I'm by no means an authority in this area.

If you steal a handgun and don't commit a crime with it till 4years later is that a crime? Theft is theft regardless isn't it? You bet the attorneys are on it! If someone steals the handgun you stole and shoots someone is that a crime? and as for ex717 it'll have to be good enough.

Summary of Brochure III, get ready for IV.

The long anticipated Third Issue of the Leonidas Brochure series is out. Issue III is 30 pages of facts spread among ten sections. We start with numerous quotes made by Cleary and Mowrey, which directly contradict everything they, USAPA, and USAPA's original founders have ever said about DOH. The next section covers blatant contradictions made by Lee Seham regarding the injustice suffered by the TWA pilots because they were denied the opportunity to arbitrate seniority.

The remaining eight sections cover:

- What the East representatives knew before entering the seniority arbitration.
- The US Airways Declaratory Action lawsuit.
- An analysis of USAPA's Date-of-Hire "Conditions and Restrictions”.
- Comparative charts showing the real history of the East and West pilot groups, as well as the thermometer charts comparing the Nicolau to DOH.
- Comparative salaries, including a chart that references all of the airlines that have received pay increases since 2008.
- Pay Parity and Retroactive Pay.
- The Kirby proposal from the West perspective.
- What USAPA has promised compared with what has been achieved.
- The realities of the Addington litigation.
- The need for unity, professionalism, and moving ahead together.

The brochures were mailed to the East Pilots last Friday. We should be getting the West copies Wednesday afternoon and we will begin distributing them immediately.

In closing, we wish to thank the vast majority of West pilots who contribute financially to this legal effort. It's because of your support that we can afford to assemble the facts of this East/West seniority dispute into the readable booklet that is Brochure III. We believe you will be as energized as we are when you read this latest publication.

Sincerely,

Leonidas LLC
[/quote

Yawn!!!

NICDOA
NPJB

The long anticipated Third Issue of the Leonidas Brochure series is out. Issue III is 30 pages of facts spread among ten sections. We start with numerous quotes made by Cleary and Mowrey, which directly contradict everything they, USAPA, and USAPA's original founders have ever said about DOH. The next section covers blatant contradictions made by Lee Seham regarding the injustice suffered by the TWA pilots because they were denied the opportunity to arbitrate seniority.

These pamphlets have more spin in them than my washing machine......seriuosly, I have looked through them and there are no facts, just more West pilot rhetoric.

Questions from a lurker:

A, Not yet.

B. The law reguarding this vary by state and then you have federal, but for the people involved the company may be their biggest problem.

C. If you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen.

Questions from a lurker:

OK, someone picks the lock on your front door, gets into your filing cabinet, gets you I'd, passport #, SS#, date of birth, and maybe more. Have you actually been harmed? Maybe not not now, maybe never. Problem is someone out there has enough info on you to destroy your credit and more. That same someone appears to have a vendetta against you or at least the union your a member of. Harm may never occur, could come tomorrow, or ten years from now.

The obvious issue is that over 3000 people have had their personal data leaked by their employer. There is no way to know when or who will be harmed but one thing is for sure, US Airways has compromised the safety and security of each and every one of it's pilots with this bone headed move.

Regardless of the effort put forth by the Westicles, they can't refute the facts.

The argument that their flyer is like all other junk mail (while true) dismisses the fact that they improperly obtained all our addresses from company computers without company permission.
And that very fact is where the crime has been committed.

As a litmus test, I'd ask for the AOL to contact HR directly and ask for the East pilot data again. Then call the PHL chief pilot office and ask for them...then call the CLT chief pilot offices for them.

If this is perfectly legal (as they assert) they should get a full mailing list from HR. CLT and PHL without so much as a peep of objection.

There's a reason they had to use a low-level stooge who is a member of their little crime unit to do this...

I'll patiently wait for AOL to post the results of their litmus test.

Adios

If this is perfectly legal (as they assert)

You just can't comprehend the difference between laws and company policy, can you. Something can be legal yet against company policy, and I guess one could theoretically come up with an illegal act that wasn't against company policy.

For example, emailing friends, updating a facebook page, participating in on-line forums, etc is perfectly legal isn't it? Do it on a company computer however and I think it's a violation of company policy.

Jim

Another question.....how do I unsubscribe to their mailing list? I don't want their BS in my mailbox and believe I have the right to tell them to take me off their list!

I was told by an AOL rep that after the first mailing, exactly 4 recipients responded with a don't ever send me anything again reply. I believe they followed those peoples wishes.

Frankly, I agree with you that you should be able to have yourself removed from future mailings. First, if I were you I would check to see if you could send an e-mail thru the AOL website, but if that does not workout, I believe the flyer has a return address, send a postcard stating your wishes to that PO Box, and see what happens.

They also have a forum, I believe you could accomplish the same there, or inquire how to go about it.

These pamphlets have more spin in them than my washing machine......seriuosly, I have looked through them and there are no facts, just more West pilot rhetoric.
What are the latest odds on the LOA93 snapback arbitration?

USAPA = Not good odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back