US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Webster's has more than one definition for a reason.

il·le·git·i·mate
   /adj., n. ˌɪlɪˈdʒɪtəmɪt; v. ˌɪlɪˈdʒɪtəˌmeɪt/ Show Spelled [adj., n. il-i-jit-uh-mit; v. il-i-jit-uh-meyt] Show IPA adjective, noun, verb, -mat·ed, -mat·ing.
–adjective
born of parents who are not married to each other; born out of wedlock: an illegitimate child.
not legitimate; not sanctioned by law or custom.
unlawful; illegal: an illegitimate action.
irregular; not in good usage.

Logic . not in accordance with the principles of valid inference.
Obsolete . (formerly, in London)
a.
of or pertaining to stage plays in which musical numbers were inserted because of laws that gave only a few theaters the exclusive right to produce straight dramas.
b.
acting in or producing such productions.

OK, if you insist let's just use the first definition listed. I think it is safe to say that the AWA MEC and the AAA MEC were not married when USAPA was born! I stand corrected, USAPA is an illegitimate child. :eek:

seajay

That should do it!
Confirmation number: xxxxxxxxx730J
Donation amount: $1,000.00 USD
Total: $1,000.00 USD
Purpose: Simple Contribution
Reference: LeoFree
Contributor: Xxxx

This is tonight's winner for funding DFRII.

We are well on our way!
Good for you! Remember, the only damage that is being done is self inflicted. Does that count?

Suma,

You were very interested in my conversations with a reporter. It is not a question of if but when our side of the story will be told. Yesterday's events where police were called to the Usapian World HQ in CLT are of particular interest.

Seems like the police are now regular visitors to planet Usapia.

Part of the reporter's message sent to me.
xxxxxxx
I'm a reporter at xxx News Im not sure if others have contacted you yet....Do you have time to talk this afternoon?
xxxxx xxxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone
And now,,,,,,the rest of the story. Reporter, "Cactus pilot1, that is your name, correct? Please try this again. You are telling me three guys, one being in management of your company disclosed confidential information, especially SS numbers to another outside party. One of these outsiders is a lawyer? Shouldn't that idiot have known better? And you are telling us these guys are the victims....Holy crap batman. How old are you? What planet did you grow up on?"

... to the west pilots underfunded legal group...

Darn, the cat's out of the bag. You found out AOL is broke and our lawyers will fire us any minute. Now's your chance for the NAC to resubmit your wet-dream seniority list and utilize your tyranny of the majority, er, I mean democratic process to shove it down our throats. Go for it. Or is it just not the right time yet? If not now, when?

You're right Seajay. I agree with you. It Isn't illegal to be a Scab. D.F.R. however, is.

True enough, however, it is perfectly legal for a union to sanction and shun a scab.

A DFR action is indeed a legal remedy.

We agree! I think. Imagine that.

seajay

This is what I was wondering, on what grounds do you ask union reps to leave the union office? Further, on what grounds can you bar a rep from making a resolution at a meeting?

Stick a fork in em, the scab union is done.
Are you serious? If they brushed up against you, I would suggest checking for your wallet and watch for starters.

ALL EAST PILOTS. MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU HAVE SIGNED UP FOR LIFELOCK. CERTAIN PILOTS HAVE ALREADY OBSERVED AN UNUSUALLY LARGE NUMBER OF SPAM E MAILS ALREADY. YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT IS COMING AFTER THIS SECURITY BREACH. LIFELOCK T.M.

And now,,,,,,the rest of the story. Reporter, "Cactus pilot1, that is your name, correct? Please try this again. You are telling me three guys, one being in management of your company disclosed confidential information, especially SS numbers to another outside party. One of these outsiders is a lawyer? Shouldn't that idiot have known better? And you are telling us these guys are the victims....Holy crap batman. How old are you? What planet did you grow up on?"

I did not grow up on planet Usapia where morals and ethics are non-existant. I have no comment on the management pilot but I can say that EF has more intergrity than than all of the Usapian inner circle combined.

I just love how you people twist and spin events into something they are not. What I find most interesting is the ignorance of people who follow your BS. :blink:

ALL EAST PILOTS. MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU HAVE SIGNED UP FOR LIFELOCK. CERTAIN PILOTS HAVE ALREADY OBSERVED AN UNUSUALLY LARGE NUMBER OF SPAM E MAILS ALREADY. YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT IS COMING AFTER THIS SECURITY BREACH. LIFELOCK T.M.

Black Swan...

I think you and everyone concerned about identity theft needs to check this out...

An article which appeared in the Phoenix “New Times” on May 13, 2010 was sent to me recently regarding the deceptive advertising practices of Tempe, AZ based LifeLock, and their prosecution for false advertising incurring a penalty levied against them for $12 million. As the article states, even the founder of LifeLock has had numerous problems with his social security number being used for many fraudulent activities by other parties.

Here is the link to the article:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2010-05-13/news/cracking-life-lock-even-after-a-12-million-penalty-for-deceptive-advertising-the-tempe-company-can-t-be-honest-about-its-identity-theft-protection-service/

If this article is correct... LifeLock will not give me any peace of mind.

I did not grow up on planet Usapia where morals and ethics are non-existant. I have no comment on the management pilot but I can say that EF has more intergrity than than all of the Usapian inner circle combined.

I just love how you people twist and spin events into something they are not. What I find most interesting is the ignorance of people who follow your BS. :blink:
If EF is so rock solid with INTEGRITY, why did he jeopardize his management friend with an illegal request? You read it here. Johnny Mac has said over and over the company was told the SS numbers come right along with any name information requested.AWAPPA and Leonidas knew it. So the both parties knew it would happen if they did it again. So why did they do it? Both sides of the coin knew the SS numbers were bundled, and one did nothing about it, and one requested it. There is no integrity there. A person of INTEGRITY would have immediately destroyed it and never have used it or gone there again. Your friend is not as clean as you say.

Black Swan...

I think you and everyone concerned about identity theft needs to check this out...

An article which appeared in the Phoenix “New Times” on May 13, 2010 was sent to me recently regarding the deceptive advertising practices of Tempe, AZ based LifeLock, and their prosecution for false advertising incurring a penalty levied against them for $12 million. As the article states, even the founder of LifeLock has had numerous problems with his social security number being used for many fraudulent activities by other parties.

Here is the link to the article:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2010-05-13/news/cracking-life-lock-even-after-a-12-million-penalty-for-deceptive-advertising-the-tempe-company-can-t-be-honest-about-its-identity-theft-protection-service/

If this article is correct... LifeLock will not give me any peace of mind.
We need to get Cleary on the company then for a better choice. They should give us a choice of at least three seeing they KNEW this was a problem in the past with seniority data, and did nothing about it.

Believe it or not, name and address are public information.

Jim

Not in the FAA database if you opt out of having your address info shown, which I did many years ago. Furthermore, I had an address change in 2010, so the company's assertion that this info was supplied in Sep 2009, or earlier is incorrect. Yes it would be easy enough to do a search to find out my current name and address along with every other person in the US with the same name as me, but not too easy to put together that name and address and that I was specifically an E pilot. My info was provided to Leonidas sometime in 2010, as all the mailings I've been getting are at my new address. Somehow I don't think someone went through the effort to attempt to identify me individually, as my info was just provided in a mass database with others.

If EF is so rock solid with INTEGRITY, why did he jeopardize his management friend with an illegal request? You read it here. Johnny Mac has said over and over the company was told the SS numbers come right along with any name information requested.AWAPPA and Leonidas knew it. So the both parties knew it would happen if they did it again. So why did they do it? Both sides of the coin knew the SS numbers were bundled, and one did nothing about it, and one requested it. There is no integrity there. A person of INTEGRITY would have immediately destroyed it and never have used it or gone there again. Your friend is not as clean as you say.

Hello 9er,

EF's initial funding of Leonidas was around $30,000. This was out of his pocket to help the West pilot group as a whole. He did not expect anything in return. For someone to caugh up that much cash for the greater good of the pilot group tells me a lot about his integrity.

I know that many of you have met the man. So tell me, what is your impression of EF?

Not in the FAA database if you opt out of having your address info shown, which I did many years ago. Furthermore, I had an address change in 2010, so the company's assertion that this info was supplied in Sep 2009, or earlier is incorrect. Yes it would be easy enough to do a search to find out my current name and address along with every other person in the US with the same name as me, but not too easy to put together that name and address and that I was specifically an E pilot. My info was provided to Leonidas sometime in 2010, as all the mailings I've been getting are at my new address. Somehow I don't think someone went through the effort to attempt to identify me individually, as my info was just provided in a mass database with others.

None of which changes my point - a person's name and address is not some kind of super-duper secure information that takes breaking laws to get. Did you fill out a change of address form at the post office? If you did your new info is circulating and no crime has to be committed to get that info.

Everyone has jumped on the "our SS# were given out" (with no proof to back up that statement) because that crosses a line. However, if the FAA issued your pilot license using your SS# as the license # that information is also out there. How do you think AOPA, Flying, or Harvey Watt get their mailing lists to send out offers - stealing it from the FAA?

zone5 and PI are both right - there's a lot of charges being thrown around based on nothing but supposition or a desire to exaggerate for effect - just like the RICO case. Once the facts are known there will be plenty of time to discuss this issue.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back