US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slplit up? No way, I am looking forward to saying "gear up" 9er. :p

I would be ironic if the East were left to it's own devices. The fleet would start to shrink almost immediately (no exception for the E190's without the transition agreement) and I would predict BK3 within a year as unit costs increased without the West and the traffic feed the West supplies ended.

Jim

Completely false. The union must represent them also. Why do you think non-members have to pay a fee instead of dues?

You and luv are walking a straight line to another DFR if the union followed the actions either of you recommend.

Jim
Sorry Jimbo, no DFR here, I'm just a little line grunt voicing my personal opinion.

I would be ironic if the East were left to it's own devices. The fleet would start to shrink almost immediately (no exception for the E190's without the transition agreement) and I would predict BK3 within a year as unit costs increased without the West and the traffic feed the West supplies ended.

Jim

Jim,

I think some "Legacy" employees have difficulty fitting in with the LCC business model which made SW and Airtran a success which is the future of this industry.

Jim
What about the 24% of the east routes that the west is flying now....

Section 19. Investigation and Discipline.

Depends on the infraction, if it goes beyond defense of their job, they are on their own. I doubt any criminal act would be considered germane. For example in non-members are involved in an accident or incident, I don't believe legal defense is provided for against FAA certificate action.

They get the same representation, as long as it is contained in the CBA.

I don't know their CBA but I doubt it covers anything beyond defense of employment. Any additional legal needs and obligation beyond that almost invariably requires membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back