US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could have given you a pretty good idea what happened 4 years ago at very little cost. The economic downturn that started in 1999 with 911 on top of it is the first part - the stock market hit a low only about $100 off what it hit in the most recent "worse than anything since the Great Depression" downturn. Add to that the different accounting rules for an ongoing pension and pension termination. The furloughs of 2002 didn't help the pension funding under either - the average age of the pilot group went up making the underfunding worse for either method. And there you have probably 90% or more of what happened.

Jim

Thanks for your opinion. I'm willing to pay the assessment to have a detailed look at the situation.

seajay

I suspect, that the "announcement" is more "eye wash" for the "street" than anything else. I seriously doubt that there will be any "reductions" in summer international flying, that's where the money is!
You're probably right about the TA flying in the summer (assuming the airlines can keep up with fuel price increases & especially the widebody routes since there's not many other places to fly them profitably). But off-season TA flying could be cut more than usual.

Boy was he mad. Sounds to me like an anger management problem. He asked for it.

By the way they found a lot of popcorn mixed with voids in envelopes sent to USAPA.

"57. Upon information and belief, defendant Auxier made 45 telephone calls,
for a total of 160 minutes, to the USAPA toll-free telephone number from telephone
number (505) 710-4970. Auxier made 33 of the 45 calls between May 1 and May 7,

58. Defendant Auxier’s postings on the AWAPPA Web Board end with the
message, “Have you called 8xx-6x8-7272 25 times today???”
usapa shill. Would you care to remind all of us the outcome of that allegation?

Unlike the Addington case this was dismissed on the merits. The case had none. Another lose for usapa.

"Set Back"? The effort to possibly recover some of or improve the effects of the theft of the East defined benefit pension on behalf of the effected pilots (funded by the East) is a long shot at best, so what. You can't lose something you've already lost. To not do everything possible to at least get to the bottom of the cesspool and find out what really happened, would be the real travesty.

Furthermore, unless you are one of the poor unfortunate souls who got furloughed by US Airways and then went to work for AWA, you don't even have a dog in that hunt and should care less. Does a non-MIGS pay the pension investigation assessment?

Attention please: This is not a NIC or DOH question.

seajay
No you are right. It is your money and it is the east deal.

My point was that usapa hides or spins losses all the time. How can you trust a union that was supposed to be more honest and open when they delay and spin bad news? Why did it take them a week to inform the people paying the bills about this?

I assume it will come from where they had previously planned to add 2% although probably a cut in domestic which was forecast to grow 1% this year and less from TA than the previous 7%-8% growth - remember the piece in AboutUS that talked about 50 flights/day to Europe this summer.

I don't remember specifically which airplanes (maybe A320 series) but there was a question about that on the analyst's conference call and they said the extra capacity would be coming in the 4th quarter so would resulted in only 1% growth in annual domestic capacity.

Presumably the East is well over min block hours with the E190's so it possible the cuts would be on the East side.

Jim
Do you know anyone that flies right seat on the 190?

According to you I supposedly have a nephew flying on the West side but they don't have 190's.

I know someone that lies pretty regularly - like every time his fingers touch the keyboard. He makes allegations and can't prove them to be true.

Jim

According to you I supposedly have a nephew flying on the West side but they don't have 190's.

I know someone that lies pretty regularly - like every time his fingers touch the keyboard. He makes allegations and can't prove them to be true.

Jim

Yes or no.

Until you present proof of your previous accusations or retract them with an apology you don't deserve an answer to anything.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back