US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our agreement is membership ratification. Perhaps someday you will get past your collective disconnect on this subject and accept the Nic will not be ratified by the East not matter what a court might say.

In the end AOL will deliver nothing but failure.

The West brings nothing to the table - PHX is a loser. No potential merger partner needs a hub there. The inefficiencies in siphoning off East flying to prop up the failing West system cannot go on forever and when it ends 400 jobs will be brought back East where they belong.

The West is nothing but a liability and every East pilot knows this.
Thanks for the profit sharing check. Can you make the next one bigger? Your subsidized payrates help us all, thanks again.

USAPA = Nothing good to share, still.

For the east posters, what is the IBT position on the Nicolau award?

The association has also agreed to integrate the seniority lists of the two employee groups according to date of hire. This agreement was reached by the association after an analysis of what impact such an integration would have on both groups and a determination that date of hire was the most fair and equitable solution.

http://www.teamster.org/content/america-west-csrs-update

This is the most relevant I could find.

Note: I don't think DOH is fair to the West pilots

The association has also agreed to integrate the seniority lists of the two employee groups according to date of hire. This agreement was reached by the association after an analysis of what impact such an integration would have on both groups and a determination that date of hire was the most fair and equitable solution.

So not relevant at all. CSR's are not pilots.

If you want the most relevant situation look at the frontier/republic arbitration. Republic is IBT. Care to tell us how that integration turned out?

If you want the most relevant situation look at the frontier/republic arbitration. Republic is IBT. Care to tell us how that integration turned out?

How did you like those E170/190 pilots going on top of that one? That was probably best case for the west had you not merged with US. Doug said you were in the same boat as Frontier.

Teamsters=irrelevant

Note: You're right, DOH is NOT fair to West pilots

Frontier is hiring.

Without a joint contract - any Republic pilot wanting to apply needs to resign and be at the bottom of the list.

Suggest you take note ...

PS ALPA helped write the MOU ...

Joe,

I appreciate your comments but I disagree with your perception of grandstanding. I was taught right from wrong at an early age. Treat others fairly and you will get the same in return. I have discovered in my half century on this earth that others were taught a different set of values.

If you don't think there is anything wrong with a actively flying pilot being replaced by a pilot who was on furlough, I disagree, Nicolau disagrees and human decency disagrees.

I have learned, in order to compete and defeat those who cheat, I will do what is required to outwit , outplay and outlast my opposition.

Careful, if you start admitting that there are actually other sets of values out there you run the risk of becoming open-minded. Kidding aside, no, I don't believe it's ok to replace a active pilot with a furloughed one. However, once everyone is recalled I believe in DOH with C&R's. As I've said before, relative seniority punishes pilots for management decisions. Dean Collelo is a highly experienced pilot hired in '89 (as I recall). Due to poor management he was furloughed, which is not the same as fired. I don't mean to disparage Dave O'Dell, but he doesn't even fit in the same experience category as Dean. It's not right for Dave to cut the line because of luck and management decisions. That said I will fight for better C&R's to protect the west's short-term career expectations; long term will be taken care of by attrition. Wow, that was tough to hunt and peck on a cellphone!

I've already seen Usapian long faces after a jury handed you "losers" a GUILTY verdict.

We are going to drag you "losers" back into court again and show you the pain the term "ripe" can inflict. <_<

You still don't understand the threshold required for "ripe" and "guilty". Even after being schooled by the 9th and the SCOTUS you still don't understand. Cheers.

You still don't understand the threshold required for "ripe" and "guilty". Even after being schooled by the 9th and the SCOTUS you still don't understand. Cheers.

I learned from the 9th, bring the case back when ripe. From Usapian actions thus far, I can say the fruit is going to bre a nice, ripe DFRII.

What I learned from SCOTUS is the 9th will most likely have the last word on DFRII. That does not concern me based on their previous decision.

Who knows where the company's DJ takes US?

Cheers

Careful, if you start admitting that there are actually other sets of values out there you run the risk of becoming open-minded. Kidding aside, no, I don't believe it's ok to replace a active pilot with a furloughed one. However, once everyone is recalled I believe in DOH with C&R's. As I've said before, relative seniority punishes pilots for management decisions. Dean Collelo is a highly experienced pilot hired in '89 (as I recall). Due to poor management he was furloughed, which is not the same as fired. I don't mean to disparage Dave O'Dell, but he doesn't even fit in the same experience category as Dean. It's not right for Dave to cut the line because of luck and management decisions. That said I will fight for better C&R's to protect the west's short-term career expectations; long term will be taken care of by attrition. Wow, that was tough to hunt and peck on a cellphone!

I have nothing against Dean but both sides spent a lot of time and money working on a compromise position in the form of the Nic decision. There are people on this side of the fence who wanted to use a stapler since America West the acquiring airline. I recall Nicolau was chosen by the East and we were told to be expected to comply with the result. Other West posters will probably chime in but I don't think that C&R's will be well received.

Well done if you used a cellphone to write your message. I can tell you an iphone can be challenging too. B)

We agreed to ALPA merger policy, of which arbitration was a part, and believe it was not followed. I know you disagree, and the point has been beaten to death on the board. Waxing holier-than-thou is neither appropriate nor productive.

You may disagree all that you wish. That is your prerogative. What would you say if the AWA pilots felt the Nicolau Seniority Award did not follow the ALPA merger policy because the first 517 pilots on the new list were east pilots?

That is my opinion. We agreed to a process. PERIOD. No arbitration has ever been considered fair by the parties involved. Our senior AWA pilots lost considerable percentage in the new list, BUT we agreed to the process and its conclusion.

I don't believe I "wax holier-than-thou". I am a fallible human being that is trying to do a much better job each morning that I get up. I expect the same from my fellow human beings. Those that purposely seek to lie, cheat and take advantage of others in any situation are contemptible (at best). USAPA has been PROVEN to be the poster organization of those terrible traits. Everyone knows it (except for the USAPA & its supporters....of course).

USAPA.......Mike Tyson would be proud.

I have nothing against Dean but both sides spent a lot of time and money working on a compromise position in the form of the Nic decision. There are people on this side of the fence who wanted to use a stapler since America West the acquiring airline. I recall Nicolau was chosen by the East and we were told to be expected to comply with the result. Other West posters will probably chime in but I don't think that C&R's will be well received.

Well done if you used a cellphone to write your message. I can tell you an iphone can be challenging too. B)

When anyone takes the position that a person with 17 years never furloughed
is less than a 3 month new hire then we are where we are....I don't give a damn who declares it so
or why !!

NICDOA
NPJB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back