US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other words, go back to being a punching bag for the Easties. No thanks, I tried that for 3+ years. It brought me little love but a lot of hate.

Just as I corrected your post that only pilots could vote and got a diatribe.

Jim

Suit your self Jim. I just hate to see your input here essentially self reduced to an endless exchange of: did to, did not, did to, did not...................

seajay

Here you go, CJ:

REGULAR LINES:
B757 CA: 42
B757 FO: 41

PROJECTED RESERVE LINES:
B757 CA: 15 (0% of which will be Long Call Reserve)*
B757 FO: 16 (0% of which will be Long Call Reserve)*

Much thanks again, please let me know when you find the remaining West furlough number.

seajay

Much thanks again, please let me know when you find the remaining West furlough number.

seajay

I see the last number on our list iist is #1731.

#1685 was just recalled.

The obvious variables such as bypass, LOA, etc will change the number and I don't want to guess at it.

That's what I have ths far, CJ. Hopefully, someone else will jump in here and bail me out.

I see the last number on our list iist is #1731.

#1685 was just recalled.

The obvious variables such as bypass, LOA, etc will change the number and I don't want to guess at it.

That's what I have ths far, CJ. Hopefully, someone else will jump in here and bail me out.

OK, thanks. I will work with your numbers, sounds like 45 pilots on the West still on furlough.

seajay

We do have “agreements in principle” in eight sections of our CBA. They include Sections 6, 7, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, and 18.

You can be smug with a ratified joint contract, until then you are negotiating with no end in sight just like everyone else.

I can't help noting seniority, reduction in personnel, moving expenses, leave of absence, grievance and board of adjustments are not the cheeriest sections to be complete considering the announced reductions .

I've always admired the apparent solidarity the West pilots seem to have, at least compared to the historically fractured East pilots.

As I have come to understand, the monthly pay cap is 99 hrs and it is possible to go as low as 40 hrs. The average value of monthly lines is 85 hrs and the one reserve I have asked, currently averages around 45 hrs. With 1222 line flying pilots in April, if every line holder voluntarily reduced their flying by 3 hrs, they would create 45 additional lines of time. Enough to bring back all the remaining West pilots currently on furlough.

Of course, in theory this would also create 45 new Captains jobs and 45 new line holders. This might also be possible if the 99 hr gang just flew their blocks. For every 6 pilots flying 99 hrs, another furloughed pilot is without a job. I don't know how many 99ers there are, but 270 of them would be enough time to bring everybody back. If nothing else, even a few less 99ers would probably make up for any additional reserve usage by the company.

At the current West rate of attrition, this posture would only be needed for a year or two. I think it is safe to say that it will be at least that long before a JCBA is reached.

Something to think about and a really good use of pilot unity.

seajay

Something to think about and a really good use of pilot unity.

seajay
Also would have helped the East furloughed get back earlier. But the MEC pushed the idea that the 90-95 hr pay cap and 100 hour with flex was a way to make up part of the LOA 93 pay cut.

Jim

You can be smug with a ratified joint contract, until then you are negotiating with no end in sight just like everyone else.

I can't help noting seniority, reduction in personnel, moving expenses, leave of absence, grievance and board of adjustments are not the cheeriest sections to be complete considering the announced reductions .
Not smug at all. Nos is the one who posts almost daily United Updates. So as I said that was specifically for him.

As for reductions, are you using Nos' information or the actual facts that I have supplied. No reductions. Flying for 2011 will be flat compared to 2010. The reduction was from the planned increase. (ie: no reductions)

So, you are making a blanket generalization that belonging to an organization that has a member in it who has a criminal event or misdemeanor now qualifies anyone associated with it as a child molester or criminal?

Not exactly, but close.

A statement such as this is totally ridiculous.

I agree 100% It is no different and no less ridiculous than samadarson's accusations about running drugs and scabbing. This is his game. He started it. reign in your own troublemakers before accusing those of us who are responding in kind, of being unfair or crossing a line.

Jetz,

A FYI - the picture taker shows terminated on the new seniority list. That's no indication of whether USAPA tried to keep his job or not, or when he was terminated.

Jim

Also would have helped the East furloughed get back earlier. But the MEC pushed the idea that the 90-95 hr pay cap and 100 hour with flex was a way to make up part of the LOA 93 pay cut.

Jim

No accounting for the greed of some East pilots.

seajay

Everyone is not a MIGS in USAPA. Everyone here is an employee of US Airways however, and why the company has not fired him is the question. Perhaps you should give HRM a call and rag on them about the situation. Not sure they would discuss it with you though. So by your logic, I guess it's every employee at US Airways who is guilty by association.

No one knows what demons Joe is wired with and while his conduct is loathsome to say the least, as long as he is still employed by the company (I assume they have their reasons) USAPA is not tasked with nor able to lynch him. No matter how deserving he may be.

seajay
Perhaps you haven't been following the discussion on that subject.

The guilt by association game was started by samadarson. (aka: Nos) I have explained this several times. It is a matter of using one's own tactics against him to teach a lesson. And it seemed to work judging by the response it gets. It is no more offensive than his accusations of guilt by association by alleged drug runners and scabs and BB single-handedly stapling other pilots in a merger long since past . The best way to deal with a bully (cyber or otherwise) is to give a taste of his own medicine. I also find it interesting how you and many others jump to his defense and cry foul, but stand silent when he and a few others on the east do exactly the same thing. It wreaks of double standards. I'll say it again, reign in your own offenders before pointing your guns at others.

I disagree with your last statement about USAPA not being able to do anything. ALPA has a Pilot Code of Ethics. If USAPA has similar values, they could certainly eject him from the union, just as they would a scab.

Jetz,

A FYI - the picture taker shows terminated on the new seniority list. That's no indication of whether USAPA tried to keep his job or not, or when he was terminated.

Jim
Interesting. Can anyone confirm this? The last company statement I saw on the matter said he was suspended, not terminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back