US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough with the Proof thing Jim! You are really starting to marginalize your presence on this board with that whole thing, at least to me and I suspect with others on both sides of any given position. I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time. After-all, I did come to work at this place, even if it seemed like a good idea at the time, it was a huge mistake. 20/20 hindsight, is not worth spit!

I used to read your posts with interest, now not so much, if at all, not that I've always agreed with you, but certainly with the deference you have earned as a retired career PI/USAir pilot who has a definite opinion and the balls to put it out there. May I respectfully suggest that you get back to being the irascible persona that we have all grown to love and hate. Just a suggestion.

seajay
:eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:wub:

I never knew that Mohawk had ordered the 727 . I could see them flying Utica to LGA 5 times a day in a 727.
Mikey,

When Allegheny got the 727's in 1978 we were acually flying them from PIT to AVP to BGM to ORD. There was barely enough time to do the checklist from AVP to BGM.

Regards,

Bob

Does anybody know how many pilots are on the line flying in PHX? Not counting supervisory and training command, LTD, or any other LOA types.

seajay

CJ,

I went to Wings, pulled the list, crunched numbers, got to page 24 and gave up. #1685 is in a recall class now. Yoiu'll see that he's showing furlough status along with dozens above him.

I think I spent less time on my 2010 Federal return than this exercise in futility.

I should have started at page 24. It would have saved me the frustration. <_<

I pm ed you and told you to remove your gutless accusations of me molesting children, you removed them, but too late.

Your post with slander removed.

It just so happens that records were kept. Be patient, the HR department at ual, is like an HR department at any company, they work slow.

Have a pleasant day, sir.
Um, wrong again.

First of all your link doesn't work.

Second I did not remove my opinion at all. Perhaps your "crying to mommy" had them removed. My opinion still holds true and I explained it extensively with proof, showing that it was based on factual information. (Something you are incapable of doing.)

So I'll repeat here just for you. In my opinion you are part of a group who protects a convicted child predator. Joe plead guilty to the charges and was sentenced accordingly. He is still employed by USAirways , but is suspended. USAPA is helping to protect his career. You and your union have done nothing to have him fired. You are a member of USAPA. Therefore, you are part of a group who protects Joe, a convicted child predator.

And even worse than that, you used the plight of an innocent victim to hide from accountability when you brought her into the conversation to redirect the conversation away from you. These are your actions and no on else's. Be a man and stand up to your union for protecting Joe's job, and maybe you can redeem yourself.

PS. still waiting for a response to the recent lies you posted about UA reducing capacity and the predictions of furloughs. I posted the proof. Are you man enough to admit your error?

OK, whatever. So go for it. Screw the rep recall thing, go for the whole enchilada, start a web site, put proponents to work in all the crew rooms, start the representational election process, buy billboard space, get a public relations firm on-board. Sure it would cost some time and money, not near as much as the litigation to date! Enough people feel strongly enough about it, then make it happen. Who's stopping you.

Boot USAPA, go with the NIC or whatever. New charter, the senior East guys keep the widebodies for a few more years, all the West would vote for it and staple the rest of the East. Give the former ALPA proponents a fence where they are for a few more years, along with a pay raise, they seem to think the Kirby would do just fine. The new hires would have to be thrown some kind of bone to get their vote and there you have it. Simple. The "we must save the airline crowd" would have their new "fix", the senior "old farts" could keep what they've always had, the AFO's on the East are already used to being screwed (so screw them, they must like it), last but not least, the West could pretty much have it all and have it now! No problem. Like I said, JUST DO IT. Talks cheap.

seajay

seajay,

As you know the east was a fractured group way before the AWA/US merger happened. The US/PI merger, the attempted throwaway of the no furlough clause, the many LOAs(loa 93 was just the biggie), the WAY the pension went away, etc., left a lot of people angry and wanting to place blame. I think many of the issues USAPA now faces started with 20 year old fights, not the Nic. Many east guys voted against ALPA and not for USAPA. It's a fact and we will probably have to deal with those feelings, plus the new varied frustrations over the Nic, and it's aftermath, for the rest of our careers. The only way I see that changing is if we merge with a much larger airline and few of our guys are involved in the union.

I don't see a fix right now. The nic battle has to run it's course. The majority on both sides still think they can win. I'd like to see all pilots join USAPA, put the Nic aside and let it run it's course, and work together on everything else. I don't think that is going to happen and I don't think we would work any better under ALPA. We just have to ride this out.

I'm encouraged that some east guys that have been sitting on the sidelines might join. I don't have much sympathy for whining from people who have given up their right to participate and VOTE!

CJ,

I went to Wings, pulled the list, crunched numbers, got to page 24 and gave up. #1685 is in a recall class now. Yoiu'll see that he's showing furlough status along with dozens above him.

I think I spent less time on my 2010 Federal return than this exercise in futility.

I should have started at page 24. It would have saved me the frustration. <_<

Thanks, It's my understanding that the West monthly lines average 85 hrs, from 78-92 hrs. Does this sound about right to you? How many monthly block holders are there and how much time do the reserves get and about how many are there? How many West pilots are still on furlough?

Sorry, but I can't seem to decipher this information from the data I have access to.

seajay

seajay,

As you know the east was a fractured group way before the AWA/US merger happened. The US/PI merger, the attempted throwaway of the no furlough clause, the many LOAs(loa 93 was just the biggie), the WAY the pension went away, etc., left a lot of people angry and wanting to place blame. I think many of the issues USAPA now faces started with 20 year old fights, not the Nic. Many east guys voted against ALPA and not for USAPA. It's a fact and we will probably have to deal with those feelings, plus the new varied frustrations over the Nic, and it's aftermath, for the rest of our careers. The only way I see that changing is if we merge with a much larger airline and few of our guys are involved in the union.

I don't see a fix right now. The nic battle has to run it's course. The majority on both sides still think they can win. I'd like to see all pilots join USAPA, put the Nic aside and let it run it's course, and work together on everything else. I don't think that is going to happen and I don't think we would work any better under ALPA. We just have to ride this out.

I'm encouraged that some east guys that have been sitting on the sidelines might join. I don't have much sympathy for whining from people who have given up their right to participate and VOTE!

Getting really tired of the whiners also! Guess their motto is: "Don't just do something, stand there". Goes for both sides.

seajay

Getting really tired of the whiners also! Guess their motto is: "Don't just do something, stand there". Goes for both sides.

seajay

Amen. As a matter of fact I heard they are having some badge backers made up with just that slogan. You know, for those left out of the backer line available.

Um, wrong again.

Second I did not remove my opinion at all. Perhaps your "crying to mommy" had them removed. My opinion still holds true and I explained it extensively with proof, showing that it was based on factual information. (Something you are incapable of doing.)

So I'll repeat here just for you. In my opinion you are part of a group who protects a convicted child predator. Joe plead guilty to the charges and was sentenced accordingly. He is still employed by USAirways , but is suspended. USAPA is helping to protect his career. You and your union have done nothing to have him fired. You are a member of USAPA. Therefore, you are part of a group who protects Joe, a convicted child predator.

And even worse than that, you used the plight of an innocent victim to hide from accountability when you brought her into the conversation to redirect the conversation away from you. These are your actions and no on else's. Be a man and stand up to your union for protecting Joe's job, and maybe you can redeem yourself.

PS. still waiting for a response to the recent lies you posted about UA reducing capacity and the predictions of furloughs. I posted the proof. Are you man enough to admit your error?

Everyone is not a MIGS in USAPA. Everyone here is an employee of US Airways however, and why the company has not fired him is the question. Perhaps you should give HRM a call and rag on them about the situation. Not sure they would discuss it with you though. So by your logic, I guess it's every employee at US Airways who is guilty by association.

No one knows what demons Joe is wired with and while his conduct is loathsome to say the least, as long as he is still employed by the company (I assume they have their reasons) USAPA is not tasked with nor able to lynch him. No matter how deserving he may be.

seajay

Thanks, It's my understanding that the West monthly lines average 85 hrs, from 78-92 hrs. Does this sound about right to you? How many monthly block holders are there and how much time do the reserves get and about how many are there? How many West pilots are still on furlough?

Sorry, but I can't seem to decipher this information from the data I have access to.

seajay

It is people like you I changed my major from finance to journalism ;)

Glad to help, this is what I came up with thus far....

78-92 hours is correct for line holders.

Here is the March 2011 analysis:

PHX757CA 85:31
PHX757FO 85:15

PHX737CA 84:56
PHX737FO 83:14

PHX320CA 85:23
PHX320FO 84:35

REGULAR LINES:
A320 CA: 473
A320 FO: 463

RESERVE LINES:
A320 CA: 80 (15% of which will be long call reserve)*
A320 FO: 92 (15% of which will be long call reserve)*

I'm averaging about 40-50 hours per month on reserve.

I'll have to get back with you on the furlough question.

Um, wrong again.

So, you are making a blanket generalization that belonging to an organization that has a member in it who has a criminal event or misdemeanor now qualifies anyone associated with it as a child molester or criminal? I guarantee you will find similar situations in your ALPA. A statement such as this is totally ridiculous. Can you make the same statement that USAirways Board of Dir. now supports drunk driving as they have not removed a convicted CEO? Why don't the West pilots take the high road then, and refuse to work for a company run by a CEO with same conviction? Why do you not address this? What is more dangerous- a person driving drunk, or an upskirter?

May I respectfully suggest that you get back to being the irascible persona that we have all grown to love and hate. Just a suggestion.

seajay
In other words, go back to being a punching bag for the Easties. No thanks, I tried that for 3+ years. It brought me little love but a lot of hate.

Just as I corrected your post that only pilots could vote and got a diatribe.

Jim

So, you are making a blanket generalization that belonging to an organization that has a member in it who has a criminal event or misdemeanor now qualifies anyone associated with it as a child molester or criminal?

Nos does. Why haven't you corrected him and his blanket statements? Or is it ok for an Eastie to do that but no one else?

Jim

It is people like you I changed my major from finance to journalism ;)

Glad to help, this is what I came up with thus far....

78-92 hours is correct for line holders.

Here is the March 2011 analysis:

PHX757CA 85:31
PHX757FO 85:15

PHX737CA 84:56
PHX737FO 83:14

PHX320CA 85:23
PHX320FO 84:35

REGULAR LINES:
A320 CA: 473
A320 FO: 463

RESERVE LINES:
A320 CA: 80 (15% of which will be long call reserve)*
A320 FO: 92 (15% of which will be long call reserve)*

I'm averaging about 40-50 hours per month on reserve.

I'll have to get back with you on the furlough question.

Thanks! Could you let me have the Regular and Reserve lines for the 757 also?

seajay

Thanks! Could you let me have the Regular and Reserve lines for the 757 also?

seajay

Here you go, CJ:

REGULAR LINES:
B757 CA: 42
B757 FO: 41

PROJECTED RESERVE LINES:
B757 CA: 15 (0% of which will be Long Call Reserve)*
B757 FO: 16 (0% of which will be Long Call Reserve)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back