US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group: Registered Member Active Posts: 2,894 (0.93 per day) Most Active In: US Airways (1902 posts) Guess who this is, and no it aint Going boy! MM! Employed at another carrier!

The airport was LGA, not LGW. With that correction, the story makes sense and word is that it actually happened. USAir serving London to Ft. Lauderdale? I think we'd sooner see London- Phoenix, and that won't happen anytime soon, either.

I came across the story today. I figured whoever wrote it left out the connecting city. It was a funny story anyway. Just was not sure if it was true.

Thanks for clearing it up.

It is indicative of the fissures developing within the East pilot group, just as happened with the MEC it's last 5 years or so. You've got the 'Unbiased Facts' crowd, most of whom would presumably vote for the return of ALPA if given a chance. Then 'The Eye' crowd, most of whom support the idea of USAPA but don't like what they see as the current leadership turning it into a monarchy. Finally you've got the supporters of the current leadership - the "best money I've ever spent" crowd.

Jim

Looks like the Feds are investigating US Airways in Philly:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Cargo_Screening_Investigation_Philadelphia-117685383.html

Group: Registered Member Active Posts: 2,894 (0.93 per day) Most Active In: US Airways (1902 posts) Guess who this is, and no it aint Going boy! MM! Employed at another carrier!
Hmmm... why do you care so much about a person who averages less than one post per day, and about 0.6 posts per day on the US forum. He must be REALLY important to you and your buddies. Or would that just be your obsession.

How about this statistic: 2.04 posts per day. That would be you. Almost 3 1/2 times the number of posts you pointed out above. And for someone who has so little of substance to add to any discussion, writes at a 3rd grade level, and is cryptic almost to the point of being incomprehensible, you sure do have a lot to say. Three times as much volume with a fraction of the substance. Things that make you go hmmmm...

MM, you and your cohorts are fooling no one. You try to discredit anyone who shines light on your scam by redirecting conversations and bringing up inconsequential and irrelevant subject matter, such as the number of posts or a persons motivation for having an opinion. It's not working. When your LOA 93 grievance fails and the card drive begins, you and your failed "union" experiment will vanish into thin air, and the cockroaches will scurry for cover once again.

Delta Dogs! I didn't have good luck with those, they always seemed to have something wrong. -15's, but pneumatic pressurization. I heard that they made it to US Air the long way. Ordered by Mohawk, but not taken, went to Northeast, who was bought by Delta, who sold them to PI, who was bought by US Air.
I never knew that Mohawk had ordered the 727 . I could see them flying Utica to LGA 5 times a day in a 727.

Key points noted above.

Outwit, outplay, outlast. A game of survivor. That is what we are doing. We are free to move about their camp since we are all members of the same tribe, right? I'm not at all surprised they are ticked that I grabbed the immunity idol with the actions I recently took.

Their campaign of lies and deception have intensified as a result.

I wonder who gets voted off the island next? :unsure:
There is little question in my mind.

PI, I thought you might enjoy this ;)

While taxiing at London 's Gatwick Airport , the crew of a US Air flight departing for Ft. Lauderdale made a wrong turn and came nose to nose with a United 727. An irate female ground controller lashed out at the US Air crew, screaming: "US Air 2771, where the hell are you going?! I told you to turn right onto Charlie taxiway! You turned right on Delta! Stop right there. I know it's difficult for you to tell the difference between C and D, but get it right!" Continuing her rage to the embarrassed crew, she was now shouting hysterically: "God! Now you've screwed everything up! It'll take forever to sort this out! You stay right there and don't move till I tell you to! You can expect progressive taxi instructions in about half an hour, and I want you to go exactly where I tell you, when I tell you, and how I tell you! You got that, US Air 2771?" "Yes, ma'am," the humbled crew responded. Naturally, the ground control communications frequency fell terribly silent after the verbal bashing of US Air 2771. Nobody wanted to chance engaging the irate ground controller in her current state of mind. Tension in every cockpit out around Gatwick was definitely running high. Just then an unknown pilot broke the silence and keyed his microphone, asking: "Wasn't I married to you once?"
Its amazing that this very same thing happened in BOS in the early '80's. A Northeast DC-9 missed Charlie and turned of Delta and came nose to nose with a another aircraft. The Controler dialog was exactly the same and as amazing as it might be someone came up with the same "wasn't I married to you once". Perhaps the controller moved to England, had a daughter and she became a controller also.

Its amazing that this very same thing happened in BOS in the early '80's. A Northeast DC-9 missed Charlie and turned of Delta and came nose to nose with a another aircraft. The Controler dialog was exactly the same and as amazing as it might be someone came up with the same "wasn't I married to you once". Perhaps the controller moved to England, had a daughter and she became a controller also.

One of the best I ever heard supposedly happened in LGA late one night. Things were quiet and after clearing the runway the flight was told "Taxi to the ramp, stay with me". The answer was ""Taxi to the ramp. Thank you Ma'am, but the company provides rooms for us". The controller wasn't amused! :lol:

Hmmm... why do you care so much about a person who averages less than one post per day, and about 0.6 posts per day on the US forum. He must be REALLY important to you and your buddies. Or would that just be your obsession.

How about this statistic: 2.04 posts per day. That would be you. Almost 3 1/2 times the number of posts you pointed out above. And for someone who has so little of substance to add to any discussion, writes at a 3rd grade level, and is cryptic almost to the point of being incomprehensible, you sure do have a lot to say. Three times as much volume with a fraction of the substance. Things that make you go hmmmm...

MM, you and your cohorts are fooling no one. You try to discredit anyone who shines light on your scam by redirecting conversations and bringing up inconsequential and irrelevant subject matter, such as the number of posts or a persons motivation for having an opinion. It's not working. When your LOA 93 grievance fails and the card drive begins, you and your failed "union" experiment will vanish into thin air, and the cockroaches will scurry for cover once again.
Talk about obsession, not even his airline, just your buddy, Well who would expect you to know anything about substance, millions of dollars on the lawsuit train to nowhere! Well where are the cards? HOT AIR is all you are, the LOA 93 grievence has nothing to do with a new union vote, where do you think the PENSION INVESTIGATION will go?, nowhere with ALPA my friend, and if 93 hits what then? Talk about light on a scam, your on GILLIGANS ISLAND and your hope of a rescue is in the next decades reruns, one only has to look at the F/A's negotiations to see what is going on, sorry your education and experience doesn't take you that far! MM! PS. You might want to get your financial house in order and start sending out resumes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back