US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprising that simpletons do not understand simple logic and basic concepts of a rational thought process. (Which, btw is different than rationalization, a skill most east pilots are good at.)

I know you guys love to just scratch the surface and claim that's all there is to it, but let's dig deeper and expose your folly.

"A UAL pilot" would be interested in our fiasco, created by USAPA and the AFO's, because any precedent set in this merger can have a significant impact on other integrations. Specifically your so-far-failed attempt at getting out of binding arbitration.

There is very little that happens at UA that will have any effect whatsoever on our mess, this pathetic operation called US Airways, or your desire to force your will on the the west.

Key points noted above.

Outwit, outplay, outlast. A game of survivor. That is what we are doing. We are free to move about their camp since we are all members of the same tribe, right? I'm not at all surprised they are ticked that I grabbed the immunity idol with the actions I recently took.

Their campaign of lies and deception have intensified as a result.

I wonder who gets voted off the island next? :unsure:

PI,

Make sure you turn those manuals in before you retire. I heard Johnny Privett is still waiting to check your name off his returned manuals list!

Yeah, I have to keep telling him "I'm working on it'.

Those PS birds were good ones, except I think PSA ripped PI off. The didn't include the EPR sticks! :)

On a more positive note, the November 2010 pay cap violations came in at less than 34 total hours of overfly! I don't see any PHX flying in the report; is this because there wasn't any West overfly? or because they are just not included in the numbers for some reason? In any case, US Airways pilots, overall, would seem to be doing a good job of flying "by the contract". Especially considering the current pay scales and the willingness of the company to have the pilots "help out".

This is huge (you can bet, management looks very closely at this number) and certainly highlights the "unity" of the pilots, at least regarding pay cap violations. It's one thing to talk the talk and quite another to walk the walk.

Congratulations, to all the "Team Players" on the line and keep up the good work. As the flying ramps up this Spring and Summer, this level of Unity will become even more important!

seajay

On a more positive note, the November 2010 pay cap violations came in at less than 34 total hours of overfly! I don't see any PHX flying in the report; is this because there wasn't any West overfly? or because they are just not included in the numbers for some reason?

The latter. We don't have any overfly prohibition so there's no violations. Our pay cap is 99 hours and pilots are free to go there if they want and can.

While many of us voluntarily avoid enriching ourselves while pilots are on furlough there are inevitably some time-whores.

Yeah, I have to keep telling him "I'm working on it'.

Those PS birds were good ones, except I think PSA ripped PI off. The didn't include the EPR sticks!

PI, I thought you might enjoy this ;)

While taxiing at London 's Gatwick Airport , the crew of a US Air flight departing for Ft. Lauderdale made a wrong turn and came nose to nose with a United 727. An irate female ground controller lashed out at the US Air crew, screaming: "US Air 2771, where the hell are you going?! I told you to turn right onto Charlie taxiway! You turned right on Delta! Stop right there. I know it's difficult for you to tell the difference between C and D, but get it right!" Continuing her rage to the embarrassed crew, she was now shouting hysterically: "God! Now you've screwed everything up! It'll take forever to sort this out! You stay right there and don't move till I tell you to! You can expect progressive taxi instructions in about half an hour, and I want you to go exactly where I tell you, when I tell you, and how I tell you! You got that, US Air 2771?" "Yes, ma'am," the humbled crew responded. Naturally, the ground control communications frequency fell terribly silent after the verbal bashing of US Air 2771. Nobody wanted to chance engaging the irate ground controller in her current state of mind. Tension in every cockpit out around Gatwick was definitely running high. Just then an unknown pilot broke the silence and keyed his microphone, asking: "Wasn't I married to you once?"

The latter. We don't have any overfly prohibition so there's no violations. Our pay cap is 99 hours and pilots are free to go there if they want and can.

While many of us voluntarily avoid enriching ourselves while pilots are on furlough there are inevitably some time-whores.

What is the "minimum" amount of flying the West pilots can do in a month? You know, without having to do a "tap dance" for the chief pilot.

seajay

PI, I thought yoiu might enjoy this ;)

While taxiing at London 's Gatwick Airport , the crew of a US Air flight departing for Ft. Lauderdale made a wrong turn and came nose to nose with a United 727. An irate female ground controller lashed out at the US Air crew, screaming: "US Air 2771, where the hell are you going?! I told you to turn right onto Charlie taxiway! You turned right on Delta! Stop right there. I know it's difficult for you to tell the difference between C and D, but get it right!" Continuing her rage to the embarrassed crew, she was now shouting hysterically: "God! Now you've screwed everything up! It'll take forever to sort this out! You stay right there and don't move till I tell you to! You can expect progressive taxi instructions in about half an hour, and I want you to go exactly where I tell you, when I tell you, and how I tell you! You got that, US Air 2771?" "Yes, ma'am," the humbled crew responded. Naturally, the ground control communications frequency fell terribly silent after the verbal bashing of US Air 2771. Nobody wanted to chance engaging the irate ground controller in her current state of mind. Tension in every cockpit out around Gatwick was definitely running high. Just then an unknown pilot broke the silence and keyed his microphone, asking: "Wasn't I married to you once?"

Finally, some levity around here! B)

As you might imagine, taxiing as per the FOM, tends to be on the slow side most of the time on the East, can't be too safe. At any rate, I was in MCO a few years back when the ground controller asked another US Airways flight proceeding to the runway for takeoff, if he was experiencing a problem. The crew responded, "no problem", the controller then stated, "I was just wondering if you had stopped for some reason, or whether it was just the Earth turning under you".

seajay

Finally, some levity around here! B)

As you might imagine, taxiing as per the FOM, tends to be on the slow side most of the time on the East, can't be too safe. At any rate, I was in MCO a few years back when the ground controller asked another US Airways flight proceeding to the runway for takeoff, if he was experiencing a problem. The crew responded, "no problem", the controller then stated, "I was just wondering if you had stopped for some reason, or whether it was just the Earth turning under you".

seajay

CJ, thats funny!

I came across that funny a few minutes ago. You never know if they are true but I thought it was hilarious anyway. I've been put in the "penalty box" at O'hare and can understand what this crew went through. Oh yea, there really is a penalty box. :blink:

Not surprising that simpletons do not understand simple logic and basic concepts of a rational thought process. (Which, btw is different than rationalization, a skill most east pilots are good at.)

I know you guys love to just scratch the surface and claim that's all there is to it, but let's dig deeper and expose your folly.

"A UAL pilot" would be interested in our fiasco, created by USAPA and the AFO's, because any precedent set in this merger can have a significant impact on other integrations. Specifically your so-far-failed attempt at getting out of binding arbitration. Additionally, your penchant for self inflicted pain and suffering under LOA 93 drags the industry down, making pattern bargaining more difficult for UAL, DL, AA, and others. Two very good reasons of many to have a continued interest in the west's perseverance. Not exactly an obsession when you have rational reasons for choosing to get involved in a cause.

Now how about the flip side? There is very little that happens at UA that will have any effect whatsoever on our mess, this pathetic operation called US Airways, or your desire to force your will on the the west. Therefore the continued focus, postings, and interest in all things United can only point to obsession, jealousy, an axe to grind, or a desire to share your misery with everyone else.

I'm sure you'll have some snide and irrelevant answer, since you are incapable of debating facts with facts. But here's a question for you. Can you name one single thing related to samadarson's UA diatribes on UA that will effect US in the least? Please show your work. (Oh, and the idea of picking up other's flying has already been debunked, so try something new.)

PS. If things go T.U. here, enjoy that sub-par retirement, or commuting to China.
That double standard thing I get it! What possible significant impact on any integration does this one have that hasn't been done before. I don't see any verbalization from any other group, EX, ATA, SWA , AIRTRAN, FRONTIER, ETC, ETC! Are you suffering under LOA93? UAL, DL, AA, are capable of their own bargaining, who focuses on solely UAL postings? Could care less , If you look at there 76 payrates they aint much different than LOA 93! Their retired pilots are a big force in our PI, picking up their pax is another issue, load factor ya know, and market share,! PS. It's not if, it's when , I heard vietnam needs little bus drivers also! MM dust off your resume, your going to need it!

You pegged me, I like it! Having an "ex", I can say I thought the same more than once.

The airport was LGA, not LGW. With that correction, the story makes sense and word is that it actually happened. USAir serving London to Ft. Lauderdale? I think we'd sooner see London- Phoenix, and that won't happen anytime soon, either.

CJ, thats funny!

I came across that funny a few minutes ago. You never know if they are true but I thought it was hilarious anyway. I've been put in the "penalty box" at O'hare and can understand what this crew went through. Oh yea, there really is a penalty box. :blink:

Ya, I still consider that exchange with the MCO ground controller, one of the funniest things I have ever heard on the radio! I'm sure it wasn't the first time it had been said, but it really happened that evening. Very funny moment! I'm sure there are a million of them passed around the Controllers break room.

seajay

The lowest you can drop trips to is 40 hours. Is that what you wanted to know?

Really? I think the lowest the East can go is generally 75 hrs, it's been a long time since I've been a blockholder, but as I recall, in SAP (the blockholder monthly schedule adjustment period) you can go lower than that. Even then, the the Chief pilot can give you grief if you make a habit of going too low, too often.

Point being that, with pilots on furlough, seems like it wouldn't take a huge sacrifice if the West got together a voluntary program to scale back hours flown to "create" the need for recalling pilots still on furlough.

You guys have always impressed me with your "unity" and it would stand to reason that the ability to engage in some "self help" should be seriously looked at. I know it would be easier said than done, we've got them too, there are some East pilots that would crawl through broken glass for a little "extra" pay. :(

seajay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back