US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but I'm sure that the West would allow you to have some of the little buses instead...

The company gets away with it because USAPA allows them to get away with it.

Jim

That might be more fair for the west. Of course you said the company and union must agree on the flying, and it seems they have done that.

I did not think you were actually asking me a question. I thought you were giving a sarcastic, hey what can we do about it if you are getting screwed, that TA does not mean diddley kind of response. That is why I threw out the spell check comment.

The legitimate answere would be, no, the east pilots do not decide where the airplane flies. The TA calls for our respective fleet mins, and other than the widebodies and 190, we are all flying jets of roughly the same capabilities. Marketing decides when and where to fly them, to optimize the available seats on any given market.

Other things the TA calls for. Seniority list integration and methodology. Profit sharing. e190 payrates. Operational pilot integration. Furlough recall prior to hiring and a large lumping of issues in Period of seperate operations.

If I mispelled anything feel free to correct me.
No i was serious.

You can say that again.

Never had a desire to work for US Air. UA was always my goal since I worked Ramp Service at JFK one summer during college. I had the choice to work for TWA, UA and DELTA. Went to TWA but only as a stepping stone. Chose UA over Delta. Had an interview lined up with NW but never went since I had a class date already at UA.

You hit the nail on the head though. Everything is always someone else's fault with them, and they claim to NEVER have a choice.

But NW might have seen you better than UA did. I can say you fit in very well with the average UA pilot.

I can say you fit in very well with the average UA pilot.

So you've polled the UA pilot group and therefore know what the average UA pilot is like?

NW at one time had a set time limit on how long one could be furloughed and retain recall rights - 5 years I think but wouldn't swear that that's right. Don't know if that was still the case when Jetz was job shopping.

Jim

So you've polled the UA pilot group and therefore know what the average UA pilot is like?

Jim

No I haven't so I guess you are correct, I don't know the "average". Let me be a big man and correct my mistake and say the average of UA pilots I've dealt with. See, it's not that hard.

I didn't put anything in your mouth, I quoted your post. You said "Yeah". That short term memory is going, isn't it?

I said "but the union is to decide on the fair split of the flying - something USAPA isn't in any hurry to do as long as most of the new deliveries go to the East."

You said "Wow! We agree on something-there are plenty of agreement busting west pilots."

I said "but the union is to decide on the fair split of the flying - something USAPA isn't in any hurry to do as long as most of the new deliveries go to the East."

You said "Of course you said the company and union must agree on the flying, and it seems they have done that."

Too many lies to keep track of?

Jim

Is it a requirement of employment for west pilots to pay at least germane fees to the union? Has there been any west pilots that did not do that? How many on here have bragged of not paying anything?

Get back to me.

No, it is a contractual requirement to pay at least fees to the union in return for contract enforcement. You make it sound like you have to pay fees in return for your job, when the fee requirement is a two way street, it is payment for services.

Since usapa was founded on the premise of disregarding and reneging on those contracts, it was questionable whether any dues are fees were owed.

Further, since usapa was an east only club, they had no method in their CB&L to gain West membership, and as a matter of fact, their CB&Ls called for membership approval by the domicile reps, of which PHX had none. So, it would have been impossible for a West pilot to even become members according to the CB&Ls. E. Ferguson paid dues from day one, then had to call a year later after I believe numerous inquiries, to determine whether he had membership or not. I still can't believe the arbitrators ruling in the Suzie deal, but the west lived up to the decision.

As far as bragging about not paying dues. On this board, I am only aware of one person who claims to not pay dues, and I still do not, but I am not bragging.

Let me be a big man and correct my mistake and say the average of UA pilots I've dealt with. See, it's not that hard.

Hey "big man" (those blue pills are working?) - how many times have I admitted an error in the past 3 years? Didn't help my standing with the East swine so why should it do you any better.

Jim

No, it is a contractual requirement to pay at least fees to the union in return for contract enforcement. You make it sound like you have to pay fees in return for your job, when the fee requirement is a two way street, it is payment for services.

Since usapa was founded on the premise of disregarding and reneging on those contracts, it was questionable whether any dues are fees were owed.

Further, since usapa was an east only club, they had no method in their CB&L to gain West membership, and as a matter of fact, their CB&Ls called for membership approval by the domicile reps, of which PHX had none. So, it would have been impossible for a West pilot to even become members according to the CB&Ls. E. Ferguson paid dues from day one, then had to call a year later after I believe numerous inquiries, to determine whether he had membership or not. I still can't believe the arbitrators ruling in the Suzie deal, but the west lived up to the decision.

As far as bragging about not paying dues. On this board, I am only aware of one person who claims to not pay dues, and I still do not, but I am not bragging.

Ray(whatever his screen name was) used to brag about it all the time. Not paid a dime. Are you paying anything?

So, if an east pilot decided that ALPA did not honor it's part of the two-way street, and legally elected another union, they are scumbags, but if a west pilot decides that USAPA isn't honoring theirs, it's perfectly okay to not pay what you are required to pay? Wow, no double standard there!

Hey "big man" (those blue pills are working?) - how many times have I admitted an error in the past 3 years? Didn't help my standing with the East swine so why should it do you any better.

Jim

Never taken the blue pills, and don't take any medication at all right now, don't need anything, but thanks for checking.

Have you admitted an error? I don't remember that and mostly saw you try to divert.

You said "Wow! We agree on something-there are plenty of agreement busting west pilots."

You said "Of course you said the company and union must agree on the flying, and it seems they have done that."

Jim

No, just your ramblings.............

Jim
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Egregious Post Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back