US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people dont have a choice where they go, In 1978 it had been years since anyone was hired,you went with the first one that called and hoped.
Spoken like a person who didn't have a choice. That's a ridiculous statement. We all have choices. A home town airline in PHX was mine, for personal reasons. I could have gone elsewhere.

That's the problem with you easties... always the victim without a choice. Boo Hoo.

What line? Must be the "warning" thing I heard of. Wouldn't know since I don't have one.

But I heard the new moderators WILL cut you off after a certain point. So you keep it up and when you disappear we'll have our answer. (Until you resurrect as a Newbie again.)
Well what have I said that could be construed as vicious, or offensive, I'm typing at the foot of the cross.

What line? Must be the "warning" thing I heard of. Wouldn't know since I don't have one.

But I heard the new moderators WILL cut you off after a certain point. So you keep it up and when you disappear we'll have our answer. (Until you resurrect as a Newbie again.)
I'll by mikey60/2

HAHAHAHAHA.......Your are so funny.Why dont you just answer the question. And no I just type it in and if its wrong, who cares its just for you.

I did not think you were actually asking me a question. I thought you were giving a sarcastic, hey what can we do about it if you are getting screwed, that TA does not mean diddley kind of response. That is why I threw out the spell check comment.

The legitimate answere would be, no, the east pilots do not decide where the airplane flies. The TA calls for our respective fleet mins, and other than the widebodies and 190, we are all flying jets of roughly the same capabilities. Marketing decides when and where to fly them, to optimize the available seats on any given market.

Other things the TA calls for. Seniority list integration and methodology. Profit sharing. e190 payrates. Operational pilot integration. Furlough recall prior to hiring and a large lumping of issues in Period of seperate operations.

If I mispelled anything feel free to correct me.

Where am I wrong?

Right here:

The report function isnt used anymore, it was used in the previous style of forum now that little line can go around the earth and it doesnt mean poop.

I received this message from the admin in December. (After the changes were made to the forum.)

Admin said:
Need you guys to use the report system. That guy is getting banned for posting that link. PLEASE tell everyone to use the report system...we can't babysit this thread 24-7

I'm reposting it because he did say to "tell everyone."

The West has not or will not renege on any agreements, that is why we will bury usapa. I love being able to say that to east pilots who cannot say the same.

Is it a requirement of employment for west pilots to pay at least germane fees to the union? Has there been any west pilots that did not do that? How many on here have bragged of not paying anything?

Get back to me.

The legitimate answere would be, no, the east pilots do not decide where the airplane flies. The TA calls for our respective fleet mins, and other than the widebodies and 190, we are all flying jets of roughly the same capabilities. Marketing decides when and where to fly them, to optimize the available seats on any given market.

The TA does call for bridge training to be set up ASAP and the two sides to negotiate (with arbitration if necessary) how the flying will be split. In other words, the company is within it rights to fly all the A332's between PHL/CLT and Europe, but the union is to decide on the fair split of the flying - something USAPA isn't in any hurry to do as long as most of the new deliveries go to the East. Like mikey, falling back on the "management decides" excuse.

Jim

I did not think you were actually asking me a question. I thought you were giving a sarcastic, hey what can we do about it if you are getting screwed, that TA does not mean diddley kind of response. That is why I threw out the spell check comment.

Other things the TA calls for. Seniority list integration and methodology. Profit sharing. e190 payrates. Operational pilot integration. Furlough recall prior to hiring and a large lumping of issues in Period of seperate operations.

If I mispelled anything feel free to correct me.

Spoken like a person who didn't have a choice. That's a ridiculous statement. We all have choices. A home town airline in PHX was mine, for personal reasons. I could have gone elsewhere.

That's the problem with you easties... always the victim without a choice. Boo Hoo.
You can say that again.

Never had a desire to work for US Air. UA was always my goal since I worked Ramp Service at JFK one summer during college. I had the choice to work for TWA, UA and DELTA. Went to TWA but only as a stepping stone. Chose UA over Delta. Had an interview lined up with NW but never went since I had a class date already at UA.

You hit the nail on the head though. Everything is always someone else's fault with them, and they claim to NEVER have a choice.

Is it a requirement of employment for west pilots to pay at least germane fees to the union? Has there been any west pilots that did not do that? How many on here have bragged of not paying anything?

Get back to me.
Yeah - USAPA didn't waste any time in enforcing that. Even violated their own constitution they were in such a hurry...

Jim

The TA does call for bridge training to be set up ASAP and the two sides to negotiate (with arbitration if necessary) how the flying will be split. In other words, the company is within it rights to fly all the A332's between PHL/CLT and Europe, but the union is to decide on the fair split of the flying - something USAPA isn't in any hurry to do as long as most of the new deliveries go to the East. Like mikey, falling back on the "management decides" excuse.

Jim

As I said, I've wondered how the company got away with not sharing the A330's, but if they shared the A330 flying wouldn't they have to add additional other aircraft to keep the hulls at the min. fleet?

Prior to 1978 nobody had hired for years, If you were over 30, see you. There were so many pilots on the street it was unbelieveable. Tell me what would you have done if awa wasnt hiring, stay in phx and flip burgers for thirty years. Obviously you have no idea what it was like before 1986?? when awa started. SStay in phx you deserve it and it deserves you.

As I said, I've wondered how the company got away with not sharing the A330's, but if they shared the A330 flying wouldn't they have to add additional other aircraft to keep the hulls at the min. fleet?
Yes, but I'm sure that the West would allow you to have some of the little buses instead...

The company gets away with it because USAPA allows them to get away with it. Wonder how long it'll take to get an "industry standard" contract when the union is actively helping the company save money?

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back