US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go buy another lottery ticket stupid, its the only way your going to get anything.
Poor angry little man. Don't you have anything better to say than calling people stupid, junior?

Wednesday should be interesting. You might have more to cry about.

Assault, Police Report, USAPA World Headquarters, USAPA Officers.

See Report
Thanks for the info!

Looks like tempers are running high. The report said the victim was pushed into a metal door.

I think the implosion is beginning. Now let's get this LOA93 grievance (loss) finished so we can move on to a representational election and get a real union on the property.

Poor angry little man. Don't you have anything better to say than calling people stupid, junior?

Wednesday should be interesting. You might have more to cry about.
It will be especially interesting when the tears are falling down those pocked cheeks of yours.

WOW , that was an eye opening report.

Come on, we know you can do better than that for your ALPA cronies.

I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN YOU!!!

LMAO.

A guy gets minor scratches from a light scuffle and (deleted) here makes it seem like an international incident! Oh, that's right, kind of like all of those UCT's !!

You made my morning laugh, thanks! :lol:

Assault, Police Report, USAPA World Headquarters, USAPA Officers.

See Report

Traderjake,

What do you believe a pilot operating an airplane for US Airways deserves? I haven't seen anything from the company that is anywhere close to what I believe is an acceptable contract for us. Have you? Would you be happy with the Kirby?

Thanks.

The Kirby proposal is unacceptable. My comment about parity was in response the poster complaining about the West not supporting East parity.

The West should not support and the company should offer pay parity because it removes pressure for the East to get to a joint contract.

We deserve as an absolute minimum the Jetblue contract. I would be happy to get the Spirit contract.

Thank you for the favorable comments. I apologize for the personal attacks I've made against you on this board. I disagree with much of what you say but I'm wrong to make it personal.

How credible is a USAPA strike threat when one third is suing the rest of the group for failure of DFR?

And what were you doing over the last 10 years? Let me guess? CEO major corp. Dean of Law Harvard. Come on tell us Air Force TPS, Your just another Pathetic Puke from PHX now to be known as PPP'S. Now go crawl back under your rock, oh yea dont forget that great background we all want to know.

Mikey, it looks like the reality of your bad choices and history of failure is starting to sink in. Your anger and bitterness just can't be disguised.

The Kirby proposal is unacceptable. My comment about parity was in response the poster complaining about the West not supporting East parity.

The West should not support and the company should offer pay parity because it removes pressure for the East to get to a joint contract.

We deserve as an absolute minimum the Jetblue contract. I would be happy to get the Spirit contract.

Thank you for the favorable comments. I apologize for the personal attacks I've made against you on this board. I disagree with much of what you say but I'm wrong to make it personal.

How credible is a USAPA strike threat when one third is suing the rest of the group for failure of DFR?

Thanks for the reply and apology. I'm glad to hear you say that the Kirby is unacceptable, I couldn't get an answer from certain west posters, they just take off for the weeds. You do accept that the Kirby is the best we have actually seen from the company, don't you? The F/As, without a seniority fight, haven't seen much better.

I have to disagree with you on several things, but maybe if the whole merger was done differently we would have all had fewer disagreements.

I think pay parity should have happened the day the merger closed. Surely we have learned over the years that paying people two different rates for doing the same work is destructive. There were plenty of other things in our contract that would have brought the east pilots to the table, with vacation being the main one. As we have seen, with the lack of a contract being available as a veto to an unfavorable seniority award, it doesn't matter how big the pay difference is, it won't bring the pilots to the table. The pay disparity between east and west has been damaged our customer service. Yeah Doug can point to our great numbers, but on any given day you might have the best flight on us, or the worst. It also has other implications, which I believe a recent survey correctly highlighted. I see these things every time I go to work, and as someone who grew up with a PI idea of customer service, I hate it. Parity on day one would have made it a cost of the merger, now it will be a cost to the west pilots.

When you say jetBlue or Spirit contract, do you mean rates or the whole contract? I really don't know enough to compare, but have heard they both have some substandard sections. I believe we deserve, at a minimum an industry average contract. Doug is correct that we don't have the revenue capability of UA or DL, but he ignores the revenue advantage we have over other airlines. It is the reason he gives for not trying to copy SW, right? They have managed to pass along the fuel costs this year, if labor is priced the same as other airlines, why can't they pass that along? Why does the burden rest on our shoulders? He is managing our expectations at every crew news, and every State of the Airline.

A conventional strike at US Airways today is impossible, IMHO. USAPA does not have full support of enough of the east pilots, and none of the west. Whether they can be effective with CHAOS, or using the Teamsters, I have no idea. I think we are a long way from finding out. The east and west pilots have made their decisions, and for near(long?) future we will toil under LOA 93 and have better attrition in a few years and the west will live with their rates and almost no movement. Hopefully we will put the question of LOA 93 pay thaw to bed soon, so that won't be driving anyone's actions. Perhaps when that is done there will be a CBA vote, and we can really see how everyone feels. If ALPA comes back I will try to work with them as I have tried with USAPA.

Doug and the boys have shown the world how not to do a merger, and I think, how not to run an airline. They chase the numbers and if they come out OK, the airline is great. They don't see the everyday issues our customers and employees deal with, and they have no idea of how great this airline could really be.

I wish I could read Doug's mind. Does he go to bed every night thanking God that he dumped this great money saving pilot fight in his lap? He has taken full advantage of it, and plenty of people on both sides(whether the west and east non-members admit it or not) have given him the rope to hang us with.

Over a third of your retirements are out of the right seat. You hardly gain any captain seats in separate ops versus the Nic. That's why you wanted DOH so badly: to steal West upgrades.

Now that the harm is over for the West, we've bottomed out. Almost all the previous downgrades are back in the left seat or soon will be. We sacrificed 22 airframes for the East. What a mistake.

Enjoy LOA93. You deserve it.

Over a third of your retirements are out of the right seat. You hardly gain any captain seats in separate ops versus the Nic. That's why you wanted DOH so badly: to steal West upgrades.

Now that the harm is over for the West, we've bottomed out. Almost all the previous downgrades are back in the left seat or soon will be. We sacrificed 22 airframes for the East. What a mistake.

Enjoy LOA93. You deserve it.

Absent this merger you probably wouldn't have a job, or you would be even smaller. YOU didn't do anything. How much money did YOU pull out of your purse to fund this?

A third out of the right leaves how many out of the left? Need help with that simple math?

Nic4us says your 737s are gone this year. So if they are replaced one for one with A321s, you will lose seats, as your system just became more efficient. Enjoy your stagnation. You deserve it.

I have never wanted to steal anything, so stop directing it at me.

Absent this merger you probably wouldn't have a job, or you would be even smaller.
AWA made $60 million in the fist half of 2005. You were facing liquidation. With 5% of the airline traffic disappearing, all the remaining boats would have been lifted, including AWA's. The only beneficiaries in saving AAA were the AAA employees. SWA pilots should have had those upgrades they would have netted by taking over PHL. AMR should have gotten those handful of international slots. But Doug had to get some bankers together and screw things up for everyone.

YOU didn't do anything. How much money did YOU pull out of your purse to fund this?
Me? I've had to pay for the antics of a collection of self-entitled baby boomers with no ethics.

A third out of the right leaves how many out of the left? Need help with that simple math?
Nicolau gave you two-thirds of the upgrades through the ratios. Congratulations. You've managed to get through separate ops exactly what you would have had under Nicolau, only you're doing it for much less in remuneration and work rules.

Nic4us says your 737s are gone this year. So if they are replaced one for one with A321s, you will lose seats, as your system just became more efficient. Enjoy your stagnation. You deserve it.
Lose seats? It's all about block hours. Doesn't matter if it's in a 737-200 or a 757. Block hours are block hours. On a combined list, a third of the retirements from the left seat were coming from the West. How do you suppose Nicolau came up with the integration ratios? Read the arbitration transcripts! Now under separate ops we're assured we'll keep them and not have them lost through the company moving airplanes East and then being kept out by the devastating C&Rs.

I have never wanted to steal anything, so stop directing it at me.
The facts are otherwise. DOH is theft from the West. Everyone sees it but you, a member of the entitlement generation who inherited the strongest country in the world from the greatest generation, and then wrecked it. The lack of ethics coming from the mid 50s AAA pilot group is in keeping with the rest of corporate and government malfeasance we're seeing today. At least as it applies to our situation, you all will be getting what you deserve. Enjoy LOA93. You deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back