US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the ual continental pilots merger going jetz?
Quite well. Thanks for asking. We'll be enjoying our profit sharing check by mid February. And we'll be enjoying our new contract LONG before you see any pay raise or contract improvements absent the arbitrated Nic award.

Oh! that's right... you are all OK with your poverty level wages, pathetic work rules, and "massive" attrition. Right on!

Sleep well little man. Sleep well.

PS. '97 hires have never been furloughed. (not that there's anything wrong with that.)

What are you mad they have not achieved the us airways level of failure yet?
I think you hit the nail on the head. Not only 33% furloughed, but how embarrassing and sad that they actually have guys retiring from furlough? Yup, they sure are some powerhouse those east pilots! I'm sooooooo jealous! :lol:

Go hop in that entry level Beamer of yours and take a spin around the airport parking lot..we will all be cheering.

Funny you should say that. Racing season doesn't start until March. But I will be racing around several parking lots again come spring. B) Perhaps you've been to one the events? You did say you like to cheer. And you're right, it is an entry level Beemer for the most part. (If you exclude the 1 Series and Z4 for a lack of 4 doors, and consider a $50,000+ car entry level.) It's the only one that's SCCA Solo II worthy, IMO. The M3 is more of a track car. This one is the '08 I picked up in Germany. I've since traded it for an updated '09, so I really should change the avatar. It does OK for a 320hp twin turbo. I might try the nationals in Topeka one of these years. The Porsche will come soon enough, when I no longer need the 4 doors. But I digress. Oh, did I mention... enjoy LOA93 until retirement? Ah, I see that I did. Well, it really can't be expressed enough. :lol:

US Airways, pilots still have no ETA for pact

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/01/26/2009415/us-airways-pilots-still-have-no.html

Funny you should say that. Racing season doesn't start until March. But I will be racing around several parking lots again come spring. B) Perhaps you've been to one the events? You did say you like to cheer. And you're right, it is an entry level Beemer for the most part. (If you exclude the 1 Series and Z4 for a lack of 4 doors, and consider a $50,000+ car entry level.) It's the only one that's SCCA Solo II worthy, IMO. The M3 is more of a track car. This one is the '08 I picked up in Germany. I've since traded it for an updated '09, so I really should change the avatar. It does OK for a 320hp twin turbo. I might try the nationals in Topeka one of these years. The Porsche will come soon enough, when I no longer need the 4 doors. But I digress. Oh, did I mention... enjoy LOA93 until retirement? Ah, I see that I did. Well, it really can't be expressed enough. :lol:
'
I have never been that excited about any car, excepting maybe a few 99 cent "red line" Hot Wheels my brother and I collected in 67', 68', and 69'.

That is quite a telling rant, one I could only match by taking about my family..not a car. lol.

Drive that beast down the CLT airport..maybe you can give us a good count of guys picketing. You seem to have the gift.

You do not currently fly for UAL, so I don't even understand your moniker. Maybe you have an Aurora 767 model kit at home. Make sure you use the semi gloss and flat paints..they look much more professional than the standard Testor gloss ones.

RR

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/01/26/2009415/us-airways-pilots-still-have-no.html

This article in the Charlotte Observer is not a bad description of where we are with this mess.

The following comment to the article was posted yesterday morning:

"As a US Airways Captain (former America West), I and my western colleagues are perfectly happy to work through the end of our careers under our present contract. Our present contract is miles ahead of the legacy US Airways pilots' contract, on account of their employment with a failing airline where they had no career prospects moving forward - a point clearly noted in the seniority arbitration decision that resulted from our agreed-upon protocol.

US Airways customers need have no fear of any pilot labor-related service disruption, as former America West Airlines pilots stand ready to fly through any labor turbulence stemming from a non-legitimate pilot union."

This comment has since been removed. Attached is a PDF copy of the article with the above comment at the bottom.

From the tone of the comment, many newspaper readers might infer that this is coming from a "West" pilot representative and reflects the "official" position of that segment of the pilot group. Is it? and does it?

seajay

Attachments

• US Airways, pilots still have no ETA for pact - CharlotteObserver.pdf
    226.1 KB · Views: 313

It isn't just the pilots the company seems to have very little interest in finalizing contracts with flight attendants, dispatch or fleet. I have a feeling many of us are working under our last contract.

Trust me, I will not be running for usapa office.

What lies and falsehoods did I sprout? Hemminway wrote a letter to the West pilots claiming the company felt they could impose loa93 on the West. That is a fact.

Do I believe the company could impose the West contract on the east, no. Do I believe the company can impose a contract, certainly upon being released by the NMB they can. Do I believe the company will honor Kasher's decision, most definitely. If that decision does not favor them will they still honor it, yep.

All my posts are jokes. Try and take away a laugh or two.

Time to go harvest the mushrooms.

Oh, It's quite clear that you have been harvesting for some time now. It's even more obvious that you keep a big bowl right next to your computer. Hey, whatever gets you through the day. What color does the world smell like today?

V

Looks like that might be a long time coming!

According to these messages, the UAL MEC is locked in a holding pattern. With talk of abandoning ALPA!!
Wow.....Just like US Airways!

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/cal-ual-merger/56435-ual-mec-forum-closed.html

UALMEC Forum Update, January 26, 2011

Therefore Be It Resolved,

The UAL MEC directs the Communications Committee to immediately block access to the Forum and pull down all past posts that do not comply with the conditions stated below, and then unblock access to the Forum with the conditions stated below,

The MEC directs the Master Chairman to limit posting privileges on the UAL MEC Forum to MEC Officers and MEC Committee Chairmen and others at the discretion of the Master Chairman for the purpose of disseminating Committee reports and information determined appropriate by the MEC Officers,

Be It Further Resolved,

The UAL MEC will reinstate posting privileges for all United Airline Pilots
after the MEC accepts a Joint Collective Tentative Agreement (i.e. before the Membership Ratification process) or after the NMB proffers arbitration.

Sounds a lot like censorship!
I keep looking but I can't even find a usapa web board.

At least UAL will be turned back on. usapa has to control the message at all times.

Was that the one about just HP & B6 being suitable for the comparison the company used in BK2? If so, I don't remember the specific numbers for each of the lcc's used other than that HP was very close to the average the company wanted. If the company wanted an HP contract, why is the East contract worse in so many areas?

The thing I remember thinking is that management wanted the employees to offset the greater efficiencies of the lcc's used - B6 had no one at top of scale, a single fleet type at that time. HP had more aircraft utilization per day by a long shot. many pilots not at top of scale. Every lcc used had an efficiency advantage over US so to get to their employee cost per ASM meant having a worse contract than all of them - not just HP.
http://web.archive.org/web/20041013063944/www.cwa.net/PDFs/ManagementProposal.pdf

http://web.archive.org/web/20041013063944/www.cwa.net/PDFs/ManagementProposal.pdf

There you go john john, contributing to the "urban legend", the oracle of the Triad will not be happy.

Jim? tick tock, tick tock. I explained to you what I was told, by someone I trust. You dismissed it with the implication it was not true, either from me or him, so pretty much calling one of us a liar. I told you that I believed what you recalled for the BK filings, but didn't see how one contradicted the other.

Was LOA 93 not worse than the original proposal from the company? Didn't the infighting of the MEC and lack of unity produce an even worse product than it was at the start?

There you go john john, contributing to the "urban legend", the oracle of the Triad will not be happy.

Jim? tick tock, tick tock. I explained to you what I was told, by someone I trust. You dismissed it with the implication it was not true, either from me or him, so pretty much calling one of us a liar. I told you that I believed what you recalled for the BK filings, but didn't see how one contradicted the other.

Was LOA 93 not worse than the original proposal from the company? Didn't the infighting of the MEC and lack of unity produce an even worse product than it was at the start?
http://web.archive.org/web/20040717025851/http://www.cwa.net/
In general, their proposal is to offer a buyout package (somewhat less than the CWA's proposal), and those who refuse the buyout and remain on the job would be reduced to the America West level in pay, vacation, sick benefits, and retirement.
Retiree medical would be eliminated.
Those recalled from furlough would come back at the starting rate.
Those on the job would keep their seniority, but be reduced to the America West pay scale (top rate of $13.10 per hour).

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Communications+Workers+of+America+prepares+for+US+Airways+strike.-a0125572458
US Airways workers represented by the Communications Workers of America (CWA) union have voted in favour of allowing the union's president to call a strike if the airline voids the union's contract.

The CWA represents 6,000 ticket, reservation and gate agents at US Airways, the majority of whom voted to allow CWA President Morton Bahr to order a strike and select a strike date if US Airways cancels the union's contract through the bankruptcy courts.

Oh this is so funny. How many times have you seen this midlife crisis! Pretty soon comes the divorce because the wife plays second fiddle to a I Phone and laptop,and the Beemer, then the Beemer goes on the block. Then comes the new little plaything F/A and the kids get neglected. Then the 777 bid you thought was a lock goes up in smoke because of some unforseen event. Yes, it doesn't matter what airline junior flies for, this is just another re-run of the same old sad story.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh this is so funny. How many times have you seen this midlife crisis! Pretty soon comes the divorce because the wife plays second fiddle to a I Phone and laptop,and the Beemer, then the Beemer goes on the block. Then comes the new little plaything F/A and the kids get neglected. Then the 777 bid you thought was a lock goes up in smoke because of some unforseen event. Yes, it doesn't matter what airline junior flies for, this is just another re-run of the same old sad story.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like you know this story well.

What could we go on strike for, we had the best contract in the industry, hands down. From the 70's on. I never worked more than 120-130 day a year. Get alpo to send you our contracts if they will. Cv-580 paid more than b727 . DC-9 paid more than 757. 4:30 min day and if you wanted you could get 2 a day. Go on strike, we were in heaven. Go look how much I made 767I before we let the inmates run the place about 200
4. As for right now read my past posts I'll be the first in line.
So you worked 120-130 days a year. Had the best contract in the industry. The company overpaid you for every piece of equipment. You are surprised that that model was not sustainable?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back