US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ture man of genius. You have cracked the code and busted it wide open. Yes Mr. Parker can do whatever he wants. He can impose a contract, impose a seniority list, he can do what Judge Wake can't.

Pay no attenition to the 1926 Railway Labor Act, pay no attention to the National Mediation Board, who needs em. Management can simply impose what they want, they are not required to negotiate. All those decisions from the Supremem Court are meaningless, Nic4us has it all figured out.

Thank you oh great Nic4us for clearing up all this confusion, you are a true man of genius.
You just pissed Marty Harper off big time! Leonidas was just ginning up another lawsuit with them over the Kasher win if it comes. Now all that money just flew out of Martys hands! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've wondered if it will be the thing we don't see coming that will finish this thing, but didn't the Hemmingway letter say the reason they could do that was because US was the surviving carrier? It wouldn't necessarily work in reverse, would it?

I looked for the letter prior to posting, but could not find it. You are probably right.

The point was, Parker will honor Kashers decision, but that is not the same as saying the east will find itself in seperate ops on LOA84(?) payscales for very long, or end up in a position of high leverage.

The usapian faithful think once they win the grievence they will sit back and cause the very delay for which they picket CLT. Or, that they will use it as leverage to get a new industry standard DOH contract. They are wrong on both counts.

This grievence has really pissed off the company. Parker has noted several times why he thinks it is nothing more than a "disingenous" attempt by usapa to gum up the works. If usapa actually wins the grievence (something I personally do not believe they have even a slim chance of doing), the company is not going to roll over and play dead.

The company will honor Kasher's decision, thereby protecting themselves from any legal remedy usapa might seek. Then they will throw a curve ball at Cleary and associates, that they never saw coming, strike three for usapa on the last at bat in the bottom of the 9th.

Kind of like how they "accepted" the Nic. They will "accept" Kasher's decision.

The fact that the sophisticated UAL pilots had never been able to catch up to the East contract over the proceeding decades gave Wolf and co. the talking points and leverage to sell it as just bring US Airways pilot cost in line with the "Big 4", so it could sustain growth.

I don't think many East pilots wold thank you for that legacy from the "World's Biggest Airline."
Just for the record, UA's Contract 2000 was the best, richest pilot contract the industry has ever seen. 747 rates were around the $300 range. Not to mention the work rules. Due to world events starting on 9/11 it was short lived and won't be seen again for a very long time.

I looked for the letter prior to posting, but could not find it. You are probably right.

The point was, Parker will honor Kashers decision, but that is not the same as saying the east will find itself in seperate ops on LOA84(?) payscales for very long, or end up in a position of high leverage.

The usapian faithful think once they win the grievence they will sit back and cause the very delay for which they picket CLT. Or, that they will use it as leverage to get a new industry standard DOH contract. They are wrong on both counts.

This grievence has really pissed off the company. Parker has noted several times why he thinks it is nothing more than a "disingenous" attempt by usapa to gum up the works. If usapa actually wins the grievence (something I personally do not believe they have even a slim chance of doing), the company is not going to roll over and play dead.

The company will honor Kasher's decision, thereby protecting themselves from any legal remedy usapa might seek. Then they will throw a curve ball at Cleary and associates, that they never saw coming, strike three for usapa on the last at bat in the bottom of the 9th.

Kind of like how they "accepted" the Nic. They will "accept" Kasher's decision.
Oh we know the company is pissed by the LOA 93 grievance. They don't like the looks of it at all, seeing the football Dougie had passed to him from Lakefield and Siegal. He should have fumbled.Instead, he picked up the ball and ran.He thought this piece of crap would be wrapped into his Delta deal or some other long long ago. He bungled the play. He still has the football in his hands, and is running with it smoking in his hands. Hopefully right into a block wall.

You really have gotten to be pretty sad. Nothing better to do but be the west's ####.

Piedmont took a strike for UA over the third guy on the 737, they couldn't do it themselves.

Maybe CO's people can save your miserable bunch. I feel sorry for them, it's quite a load.
I said USAir, not Piedmont.

Well, the former chief pilot, current A330 check airman that said he spent a month in Tempe studying the AWA contract and system lied to my face, because he said that was why he was sent there.
Since when do chief pilots and check airmen have all the answers? They are usually management wanna-be's and always claim to know more than the line pilot.

As to "they are the ones that went on strike" I was one of them, Jerk.

RR
Not as a USAir pilot, you weren't. USAir never went on strike. Remember, it is one of your own here who said "you are the company you keep." Just trying to hold you to the same rules.

Just for the record, UA's Contract 2000 was the best, richest pilot contract the industry has ever seen. 747 rates were around the $300 range. Not to mention the work rules. Due to world events starting on 9/11 it was short lived and won't be seen again for a very long time.

And tell us, what little event gave the UA pilots the leverage to achieve that great contract, one they didn't seem to be able to pull off before?

As far as what chief pilot know, he said he was sent there on assignment for that very purpose. But since you are a United first officer, I can see where you would know that wasn't true.

PIB, you woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Please, share with us all- what little event helped the UAL Pilots?

Another non- answer.
Look, if you had 800 retirements Monda would have moved up close to 800 numbers. He didn't! He moved up half that and he was the bottom pilot in May 2005.

So then, you are saying that 400 people junior to him retired? Is that the kind of coveted attrition you are bragging about- retiring on furlough?

There were about 500 people junior to Monda that did not return from furlough. All you have to do is look at a 2005 seniority list and then compare the bottom 99 hire that is still here to where Monda is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back