US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
prechilill,

I guess it depends on what info you want - total pilots or line pilots. I do know that you can't take line pilots on the East side and compare it to total pilots on the seniority list on the other side.

Jim

You cannot use seniority number, bid vacancies, fleet numbers as a reference. Using Collello as the baseline from 2005 and comparing to the 2008 equipment bid where a 767 bid was awarded coupled with the USAPA DOH list you can estimate how many pilots the east added to their seniority list- hence the growth and advancement of pilots like Captain Munn

In fact, if fragmentation was on the agenda, why would the Company file the DJ?

If there was no intent to negotiate a JCBA why would Management force the NIC vs. DOH seniority list?

Further, if USAPA wins the longest of shot grievances on the LOA93 issue, who would want to take the east in a fragmentation scenario anyway?

No major is going to take that on so if you are hoping for LOA84 rates & fragmentation you are truly out of your mind.
DJ inevitable dismissal is for the next airlines benefit. It is inevitable but makes it more clearer for the next company that the west cause is an albatross to the company.

The company is not forcing nic.

I said the the loa 93 will be decided in the company's favor, the next company can control the price of the East cba.

Another airline will take the East, selling point, the majority will be retired before intigration.

You should have read my post, before your post.

You are a paradigm "thinker", sir.

I haven’t heard much of that bluster in quite some time? Could it be that the east failed to comprehend the situation once again? It is what you are best at isn't it?
True that.

I came across an interesting article about the state of our housing market:

Housing Bust Hammers More Cities

Another topic we haven't heard about in a while. Weren't the eastholes talking about the housing market in PHX and claiming that all the money comes from the east?

"The damage from the real estate bubble has spread well beyond Las Vegas, Phoenix and Miami... In Charlotte, homes are going for 2004 prices. Last year, more than half of the homes sold in surrounding Mecklenberg County were foreclosures... The banking industry, which helped Charlotte boom over the past two decades and accounts for roughly one in every 11 jobs there, was hit hard during the recession. The city lost 12 percent of its financial jobs in 2008 and 2009... Charlotte's unemployment rate was 12.8 percent a year ago, well above the national rate. It has fallen to 10.8 percent, still more than twice what it was when the recession started."

Tell us all again how strong the east hub markets are.

My opinion on that is biggie smalls is a Cleary messenger boy with a new handle.

Is that all you can come up with, USAPA fights for pilots, unlike the West who just keep stealing money from their own for lawsuits that go nowhere..
The few rotten apples is killing the entire barrel in the west

That's more than I should have come up with. I don't know who you are, I retract that jab I took at you. My aplogies. I've been trying to avoid that kind of thing, and slipped up. However, I do think that letter is nothing more than politcally motivated rhetoric. It could be handled differently if the core issue is what that letter were really about, in my view.

True that.

I came across an interesting article about the state of our housing market:

Housing Bust Hammers More Cities

Another topic we haven't heard about in a while. Weren't the eastholes talking about the housing market in PHX and claiming that all the money comes from the east?

"The damage from the real estate bubble has spread well beyond Las Vegas, Phoenix and Miami... In Charlotte, homes are going for 2004 prices. Last year, more than half of the homes sold in surrounding Mecklenberg County were foreclosures... The banking industry, which helped Charlotte boom over the past two decades and accounts for roughly one in every 11 jobs there, was hit hard during the recession. The city lost 12 percent of its financial jobs in 2008 and 2009... Charlotte's unemployment rate was 12.8 percent a year ago, well above the national rate. It has fallen to 10.8 percent, still more than twice what it was when the recession started."

Tell us all again how strong the east hub markets are.
Thank you for your unionist thoughts alpa united pilot, you set the bar low, hypocrite.

767jets associates

I heard the Streble and Mowery got to beating the #### out of each other and the cops had to be called in. This is what happens when UBS turn on one another :lol:

AWA320 says NO to UBS's
Not surprising. Their walls are closing in fast.

You cannot use seniority number, bid vacancies, fleet numbers as a reference. Using Collello as the baseline from 2005 and comparing to the 2008 equipment bid where a 767 bid was awarded coupled with the USAPA DOH list you can estimate how many pilots the east added to their seniority list- hence the growth and advancement of pilots like Captain Munn

You don't want to hear this, but any pilots that have gone through indoc since 2005 on the East have done so because of attrition.....not growth. We have fewer line pilots today than we did in 2005. It's that simple. The number that have gone through indoc since 2005 is close to 450. The East is only a couple of airframes above the minimums, not including the 15 190's. You can look at the bid packet and awards on the east and tell how many captains and first officers are actually on flying status. People in training are included in this head count. If you add up the number of Bid Lines you would be able to approximate how many block hours there were then and how many block hours there are now. It would be ballpark but still close enough to tell. I haven't done it, so add it up if it makes you feel better. If we are flying more block hours now, we are doing it with FEWER pilots.

You and jetz are alpa shills. Jetz is a newer ass kissing alpa shill united pilot, you should know better.

You are a former Piedmont pilot that turned his back on his former group so you can attempt to enrich your kin in the seniority issue. One of the former Piedmont Pilots who is on disability with cancer put his Piedmont pilot uniform on and is supporting his former associates. You on the other hand decided to want to favor yourself and kin over your former pilots. Hypocrite, cowardly, narcissistic way to act.
Are you saying Boeing Boy sold his fellow workers out because his kid is West?

Nonsense. You tell me how many pilots were on the East seniority list on May 19 2005 and May 1 2011, then. After all, it was you that said that prechill was talking about the number on the seniority list and not line pilot headcount.

All I've said is that you can't compare seniority list numbers with bid head count numbers - apples and oranges. I thought at one time there was an East seniority list on wings but looked and can't find it (I think it was a 2008 seniority list anyway).

Jim

Hi Jim,

2011 East and West Seniority Lists are available on Wings under Flight Operations/Miscellaneous Topics ( how appropriate!).

East shows 3403 pilots, West 1731.

East Bid 11-02 shows May 2011 headcount at 2605 pilots. Lots of LTD/LOA/Supervisory pilots I guess.

Hi Jim,

2011 East and West Seniority Lists are available on Wings under Flight Operations/Miscellaneous Topics ( how appropriate!).

East shows 3403 pilots, West 1731.

East Bid 11-02 shows May 2011 headcount at 2605 pilots. Lots of LTD/LOA/Supervisory pilots I guess.
The company has planned staffing in a stance they had back when retirement was based on age 60. They have a historical basis for the number of pilots who go out LTD/sick with full sick banks in their last 2-3 yrs available of age. It is a large number. We are back in that position again, and they know it and are planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back