US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know but it appears to me to be a NET increase of 4. Maybe after 25 years you would know how to read these things.

All Equip C RC F RF TOTAL
76I 17 (8) 47 (17) 39
B737 0 (3) 0 2 (1)
A-319 0 0 0 (4) (4)
A-330 7 (7) 20 (24) (4)
E-190 1 (3) 1 (16) (17)
TOTAL 25 (21) 68 (59) 13

Looks to me like 21 capt went from reserve to lineholder. For the net increase of 4. With a shift if 9 F/O's getting a line. NET/NET increase of 13 pilots total. The little ( ) does mean minus right. 25 (21) =4 captains increase.

VERY telling that you guys analyze our bids... I can say I've never even looked at a west bid.....

The truth is ugly and hits a nerve.

Quit the BS about how the East is superior to the West and I'll quit refuting your BS.

NATIONAL TRANSPORTATION SAFETY BOARD
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20594
AIRCRAFT ACCIDENT REPORT
USAIR, INC.
BOEING 737-400
LAGUARDIA AIRPORT
FLUSHING, NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 20, 1989

3.2 Probable Cause
The National Transportation Safety Board determines that the
probable cause of this accident was the captain's failure to exercise his
command authority in a timely manner to reject the takeoff or take sufficient
control to continue the takeoff, which was initiated with a mistrimmed
rudder. Also causal was the captain's failure to detect the mistrimmed
rudder before the takeoff was attempted

3. CONCLUSIONS
3.1 Findings
1. The flight and cabin crews were properly certificated and
qualified for the flight.
2. The airplane was certificated, equipped, and maintained in
accordance with Federal regulations and approved procedures.
3. Rudder trim moved full left while the airplane was parked with
engines off at LGA.
4. The captain could have detected the mistrim rudder condition
during taxi, during the flight control freedom-of-movement
check and during the response to a checklist challenge. He
failed to do so.
5. The captain did not use the autobrake system during the
takeoff roll, as recommended by Boeing and USAir management.
His failure to do so delayed the onset of maximum braking and
extended the airplane's stopping distance.
6. Both pilots were relatively inexperienced in their respective
positions. The captain had about 140 hours as a B-737
captain, and the first officer was conducting his first nonsupervised
line takeoff in a B-737, and also his first takeoff
after a 39-days non-flying period.
7. Early in the takeoff attempt, the first officer inadvertently
disarmed the autothrottle. He then manually advanced the
throttles; the resultant delay and the slightly low thrust set
on the left engine lengthened the airplane's ground roll and
added to the directional control problem.
8. The captain's use of the nosewheel steering tiller during the
takeoff roll was not proper and may have masked the initial
directional control problem created by the mistrimmed rudder.
9. Because of poor communication between the pilots, both
attempted to 'maintain directional control initially and
neither was fully in control later in the takeoff, compounding
directional control difficulties.
10. Neither pilot was monitoring indicated airspeed and no
standard airspeed callouts occurred.
11. The captain should have been aware of the directional control
problem and should have initiated an RTO before accelerating
to high speed.
12. Unusual noise and vibration from the cocked nosewheel, and the
leftward veer, led the captain to reject the takeoff.
13. Computed VT speed was 125 knots and action by the captain to
reject the takeoff began at 130 knots.
14. After initiating the RTO, the captain used differential
braking to steer the airplane. This delayed the attainment of
effective braking until 5 l/2 seconds after the takeoff was
rejected.
15. Braking during the RTO was less than the maximum braking
achievable on the wet runway; the airplane could have been
stopped on the runway.

NTSB Identification: DCA94MA065 .
The docket is stored in the Docket Management System (DMS). Please contact Records Management Division
Scheduled 14 CFR USAIR
Accident occurred Saturday, July 02, 1994 in CHARLOTTE, NC
Probable Cause Approval Date: 1/19/1996
Aircraft: DOUGLAS DC-9-31, registration: N954VJ
Injuries: 37 Fatal, 16 Serious, 4 Minor.

The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident as follows:

1) THE FLIGHTCREW'S DECISION TO CONTINUE AN APPROACH INTO SEVERE CONVECTIVE ACTIVITY THAT WAS CONDUCIVE TO A MICROBURST; 2) THE FLIGHTCREW'S FAILURE TO RECOGNIZE A WINDSHEAR SITUATION IN A TIMELY MANNER; 3)THE FLIGHTCREW'S FAILURE TO ESTABLISH AND MAINTAIN THE PROPER AIRPLANE ATTITUDE AND THRUST SETTING NECESSARY TO ESCAPE THE WINDSHEAR; AND 4) THE LACK OF REAL-TIME ADVERSE WEATHER AND WINDSHEAR HAZARD INFORMATION DISSEMINATION FROM AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL, ALL OF WHICH LED TO AN ENCOUNTER WITH AND THE FAILURE TO ESCAPE FROM A MICROBURST-INDUCED WINDSHEAR THAT WAS PRODUCED BY A RAPIDLY DEVELOPING THUNDERSTORM LOCATED AT THE APPROACH END OF RUNWAY 18R. CONTRIBUTING TO THE ACCIDENT WERE: 1) THE LACK OF AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL PROCEDURES THAT WOULD HAVE REQUIRED THE CONTROLLER TO DISPLAY AND ISSUE AIRPORT SURVEILLANCE RADAR (ASR-9) WEATHER INFORMATION TO THE PILOTS OF FLIGHT 1016; 2) THE CHARLOTTE TOWER SUPERVISOR'S FAILURE TO PROPERLY ADVISE AND ENSURE THAT ALL CONTROLLERS WERE AWARE OF AND REPORTING THE REDUCTION IN VISIBILITY AND RUNWAY VISUAL RANGE VALUE INFORMATION, AND THE LOW LEVEL WINDSHEAR ALERTS THAT HAD OCCURRED IN MULTIPLE QUADRANTS; 3) THE INADEQUATE REMEDIAL ACTIONS BY USAIR TO ENSURE ADHERENCE TO STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES; AND 4) THE INADEQUATE SOFTWARE LOGIC IN THE AIRPLANE'S WINDSHEAR WARNING SYSTEM THAT DID NOT PROVIDE AN ALERT UPON ENTRY INTO THE WINDSHEAR. (NTSB REPORT AAR-95/03)

YOU sir have hit a new low.. may the families of the victims lay scorn on you

Yes, you do eat the big bone. Aqua too. That was never in doubt....
You have no way to quickly reach a contract with DOH in it.

You're screwed. Leonidas has stared Parker down and he blinked with his dec action. Leonidas told him to go ahead and take DOH and see what happens. Parker knows as well as anyone that in a game of wits, the East won't last under LOA93. Bular's strategy has been shelved. From here on out legal will be running the show, and only a moron could not recognize that.

You're screwed. Leonidas has stared Parker down and he blinked with his dec action. Leonidas told him to go ahead and take DOH and see what happens. Parker knows as well as anyone that in a game of wits, the East won't last under LOA93. Bular's strategy has been shelved. From here on out legal will be running the show, and only morons could not recognize that.
Which is why they havent!!!

AWA320 says NO to UBS's

VERY telling that you guys analyze our bids... I can say I've never even looked at a west bid.....
I have and some is hard to understand since I'm not familiar with the West contract and the bid packet talks about section this or that. They do put out what appears to be a complete seniority list showing position or status if non-flying status, date each pilots permanent bid was last updated, etc. The bid packet talks about a vacancy bid list and a deplacement bid list that I couldn't make much sense of. All that means there a lot of pages to the bid. They do make the anticipated results clear by just saying how many upgrades are anticipated which is easier to understand than the several types of data that only breaks it down sifferent methods on the east side. They also put a mock bid in the bid packet, presumably pretty much identical to what we had at PI, showing who would get what based on bids on file when the bid packet was put out. I tried for 15 years to get resource planning to at least try a mock bid with no luck, but about every bid there would be pilots bidding themselves to much lower positions than they could hold because they didn't understand how the software worked. So we'd have to try to get hold of them and ask "did you really mean to bid that?" but there were those we couldn't contact and we'd have to try to interpret what they really wanted to bid.

Jim

The truth is ugly and hits a nerve.

Quit the BS about how the East is superior to the West and I'll quit refuting your BS.

Superior NO....much older with way more time on the job....YES.

Tell me sir what do you see when you look in the mirror?. Are you happy with
what you see. My gut tells me NO. You need help. Go get it.

Remember, the Capt on the KLM that hit the Pan Am 747 was KLMs poster boy.
Chief pilot, the face of KLM pilots. And he screwed the pooch big time. Karma is ...well you know....
Pray you never find yourself in that position. This is like voodoo....witchcraft.......
cheaps bars with dancing girls in Bangkok....better you just stay away from it. Posting crash data
here says way more about you than anything else written here.

NICDOA
NPJB

You're screwed. Leonidas has stared Parker down and he blinked with his dec action. Leonidas told him to go ahead and take DOH and see what happens. Parker knows as well as anyone that in a game of wits, the East won't last under LOA93. Bular's strategy has been shelved. From here on out legal will be running the show, and only a moron could not recognize that.
One of the final pieces of the puzzle was just made available for the west pilots future.

Oh yea right, you made Mr Parker blink. I think it was more like you made Mr Parker void a part of the airline he digested.

How will that west fragmentation policy help you. Are you aware of what happened to Midwest Airlines?

Piece of the puzzle

USAPA PHX Domicile Update: January 18, 2011

On January 18, 2011 USAPA held a "Solidarity March" in CLT. This was to protest the lack of movement toward an industry standard contract that all US Airways pilots desire. We all agree that a new contract has been too long in the making.

However the US Airways pilots have a disagreement over a big issue dividing us. Seniority! The Phoenix Pilots have spoken loud and clear and have directed their representatives not to attend any picket or event that would further a DOH seniority list in a new contract.

That Resolution was brought forward by the line pilots and passed at a Phoenix domicile meeting. It precludes your PHX reps from supporting a DOH contract event. As the resolution states the Phoenix pilots do support an industry standard contract, just not one with DOH attached. Therefore we will abide by the resolution and not attend any event for the purpose of furthering a DOH contract.

This is the resolution passed at the meeting:

Background: USAPA has pressured the PHX Domicile Representatives to participate in picketing events that support date-of-hire integration. The former AWA pilots support a joint industry standard contract for all US Airways pilots.

Whereas: The PHX Domicile Representatives represent the former AWA pilots, who desire to use the Final and Binding arbitrated list, known as the Nicolau Award, to integrate the West and East US Airways pilot groups, and

Whereas: The former AWA pilots want their Representatives to respect their desire to not support USAPA’s scheme of date-of-hire.

Therefore, Let It Be Resolved that the former AWA pilots prohibit their PHX Representatives from attending and/or supporting any events/activities to further USAPA’s goal of date of hire integration

Let It Be Further Resolved that the PHX Representatives will write a letter, within ten (10) days from the approval of this resolution, to the President of USAPA to inform him/her that the PHX Representatives will honor the desires of their constituents
Let It Be Finally Resolved that the PHX representatives will immediately inform the former AWA pilots of any attempt by USAPA to coerce the PHX Representatives to not comply with this resolution.

David Braid
PHX Chairman

Eric Ferguson
Vice Chairman

Roger Velez
Vice Chairman

48 hours and counting Nos. Still no proof of you accusations. But this long with no proof supplies plenty of proof that you're a liar.

Jim

ps - Parker digested the east - is that the voiding you predict? :lol:

One of the final pieces of the puzzle was just made available for the west pilots future.

Oh yea right, you made Mr Parker blink. I think it was more like you made Mr Parker void a part of the airline he digested.

How will that west fragmentation policy help you. Are you aware of what happened to Midwest Airlines?

Piece of the puzzle
Oh, now it's Midwest?

If you care to get into a discussion over fragmentation policies, you'd best check yours and recall the circumstances in which yours was last written: Bankruptcy and facing liquidation. A fragmentation is never good, but the East basically has no fragmentation policy under 49%. Half of your airline could disappear and there's nothing you could do about it. Don't think we haven't examined this scenario - we have. And I'll tell you this: Parker needs a plan B to get this place sold. You sir and your like are plan B. You'll make a tasty meal for AMR.

Actually we do recognize it I'll have the shrimp!

Legal Sea Foods' Mail Order and Gourmet Gift Division

"Fanatics for freshness"®, our reputation for outstanding seafood has spanned over six decades. We offer a great selection of superior quality fresh fish and shellfish products. Schedule a delivery online and enjoy an outstanding gourmet seafood dinner at home or give as a gift delivered to their door. Share the quality that you can only get from Legal Sea Foods.

Parker looked at Leonidas and saw what it is: a failed organization that was annihilated by the 9th. Gutted, erased. He sees an organization that has given false hope, and not delivered one thing except a huge amount of money to the lawyer who ripped you off. Hang tight Aqua. You know this LOA 93 thing is coming on any day. AWA 320 Oracle even says so. Say the East reverts to LOA 84 pay. How will the east not last? Have you seen those rates? Pretty darn good. You should hope we get them, then you might have something to shoot for in, say, five or so years.......

Parker looked at Leonidas and saw what it is: a failed organization that was annihilated by the 9th. Gutted, erased. He sees an organization that has given false hope, and not delivered one thing except a huge amount of money to the lawyer who ripped you off. Hang tight Aqua. You know this LOA 93 thing is coming on any day. AWA 320 Oracle even says so. Say the East reverts to LOA 84 pay. How will the east not last? Have you seen those rates? Pretty darn good. You should hope we get them, then you might have something to shoot for in, say, five or so years.......
You are so correct SWAN! MM!

Parker looked at Leonidas and saw what it is: a failed organization that was annihilated by the 9th. Gutted, erased. He sees an organization that has given false hope, and not delivered one thing except a huge amount of money to the lawyer who ripped you off.

Ooh, tough, incisive words meant to destroy our morale. Too bad Parker's actions and words don't corroborate your bizzaro-world view. Read the complaint for declaratory judgment the company filed if you really want to know what Parker thinks of Leonidas.

You know this LOA 93 thing is coming on any day.

Is this something you're looking forward to? If so, get your CIRP (or whatever it's called in Usapy's world) revved up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back