US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Land grab. Land grab. Let me see.

"I'll take Greed for $1,000, Alex." Answer "We demanded DOH from George Nicolau. He told us it wasnt an option. We persisted and our greed was trumped by reality" Question "Who are the greedy East Pilots?"

"Switching gears, I'll take Lack of Integrity for $1,000, Alex." Answer, the Daily Double. "We agreed to Binding Arbitration yet failed to honor it. Instead selling our East pilots on the idea of forcing DOH with a new union and new contract but have failed. In the meantime making the lawyers richer and our pilots poorer while other properties enjoy payraises. All funded by dues and flight pay loss for the farce in CLT."

Question "Who is USAPA?"

USAPA = Playing games. Send more money. No raise for you.

:lol:

FINAL JEOPARDY ROUND

Answer:
This attorney seen here http://leonidas.cactuspilots.us/Seham_costneutral.mov promised Doug Parker would be eager to exchange DOH for labor peace with 2/3 of the pilot group.

Question: Who is (resident East posters, you finish!)

If I was a westie I think I would consider going over to Virgin, there is no future here with Dougie running this place. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-17/virgin-america-places-5-1-billion-airbus-a320-order-to-double-fleet-size.html

If I was a westie I think I would consider going over to Virgin, there is no future here with Dougie running this place. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-17/virgin-america-places-5-1-billion-airbus-a320-order-to-double-fleet-size.html

There's no future for an Eastie either. Think Doug will convert the remaining A320 orders to NEO's?

There's no future for an Eastie either. Think Doug will convert the remaining A320 orders to NEO's?

Nope, no future for anyone. You need to retire now so you can be one less thorn in our side and join BB for a no life of yard work and message boards. But don't talk too loud regarding lack of future as you are scaring the crap out of Traitor and A320 is going to blow another fuse...

V

Nope, no future for anyone. You need to retire now so you can be one less thorn in our side and join BB for a no life of yard work and message boards. But don't talk too loud regarding lack of future as you are scaring the crap out of Traitor and A320 is going to blow another fuse...

V
True, remember the westies saying we should be out of a job, they saved us, guess what? After BK2 most of us got prepared, just like VIRGIN getting ahead of the curve looking at the rising cost of oil, it will be here sooner than they think, retiring on LOA93, we can only hope it lasts that long ,take a good look at LCC financials, thin ice and spring is around the corner( not to mention the bill in congress to TAX our bag fee's) JAMIE, JJ, JG, MM!

True, remember the westies saying we should be out of a job, they saved us, guess what? After BK2 most of us got prepared, just like VIRGIN getting ahead of the curve looking at the rising cost of oil, it will be here sooner than they think, retiring on LOA93, we can only hope it lasts that long ,take a good look at LCC financials, thin ice and spring is around the corner( not to mention the bill in congress to TAX our bag fee's) JAMIE, JJ, JG, MM!
You guys love to quote Parker from crew news.

Listen closely to what he has to say.

CLT F/A
Our product/culture +comm at 5:35

He tells you what your choices were. Your unmerged career expectations.

You guys love to quote Parker from crew news.

Listen closely to what he has to say.

CLT F/A
Our product/culture +comm at 5:35

He tells you what your choices were. Your unmerged career expectations.
LMFO, you get it! Correct everyday nothing to lose! JAMIE, JJ, JG ,MM! LOS or bust!

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
‹ The template below (Expand) is being deleted. See templates for discussion for the discussion that led to this result. ›
Please help improve this article by expanding it. Further information might be found on the talk page. (March 2009)
This article needs attention from an expert on the subject. See the talk page for details. WikiProject Aviation or the Aviation Portal may be able to help recruit an expert. (March 2009)
This article needs attention from an expert on the subject. See the talk page for details. WikiProject Economics or the Economics Portal may be able to help recruit an expert. (March 2009)

A number of major airlines have declared bankruptcy and have either ceased operations, or reorganized under bankruptcy protection. Airlines, like any business, are susceptible to market fluctuations and economic difficulties. The economic structure of the airline industry may contribute to airline bankruptcies as well.

Contents [hide]
1 Timeline
1.1 U.S. airlines bankruptcy filings
1.1.1 Chapter 7
1.1.2 Chapter 11
2 References

[edit] TimelineThis is a timeline of airlines who have filed for bankruptcy protection. Also see list of defunct airlines for a list of airlines which are no longer operating.

[edit] U.S. airlines bankruptcy filings[edit] Chapter 7This is a list of airlines that have filed for bankruptcy protection via Chapter 7 in the United States.[1]

Airline Date Bankruptcy filed Notes
National Florida 2 December 1980
[edit] Chapter 11This is a list of airlines that have filed for bankruptcy protection via Chapter 11 in the United States.[1]

Airline Date Bankruptcy filed Notes
New York Airways 18 May 1979
Aeroamerica 19 November 1979
Florida Airlines 24 January 1980
Indiana Airlines 3 March 1980
Air Bahia 15 December 1980
Tejas Airlines 31 December 1980
Mountain West 6 March 1981
LANICA 16 March 1981
Coral Air 13 July 1981
Pacific Coast 11 September 1981
Swift Air Line 18 September 1981
Golden Gate (Airline) 9 October 1981
Pinehurst Airlines 26 January 1982
Silver State Airlines 3 March 1982
Air Pennsylvania 26 March 1982
Air South 2 April 1982
Cochise Airlines 16 April 1982
Braniff International 13 May 1982
Astec Air East 8 July 1982
Will's Air 19 August 1982
Aero Sun International 15 October 1982
Aero Virgin Islands 19 October 1982
Altair Airlines 9 November 1982
Partnair October 1989
Pan American World Airways 8 January 1991
Trans World Airlines 10 January 2001 Filed as part of an acquisition by American Airlines
US Airways 11 August 2002 Files; emerges on 31 March 2003
United Airlines 9 December 2002 files; emerges on 1 February 2006
Air Canada 1 April 2003 Files; emerges 30 September 2004
Flash Airlines March 2004
US Airways 12 September 2004 Re-filed; emerges on 27 September 2005 in conjunction with its acquisition by America West
Aloha Airlines 30 December 2004 Filed; emerges on 17 February 2006
Northwest Airlines 14 September 2005 Filed; emerges on 31 May 2007
Delta Air Lines 14 September 2005 Filed, putting 4 of the top 7 carriers in the United States under bankruptcy protection; emerges on 30 April 2007
Maxjet Airways 26 December 2007 Filed and discontinues operations
Aloha Airlines 31 March 2008 Filed and discontinues passenger transporting operations
ATA Airlines 3 April 2008 Filed and discontinues operations
Skybus Airlines 5 April 2008 Filed and discontinues operations
Frontier Airlines 10 April 2008 Filed
Eos Airlines 26 April 2008 Filed and discontinues operations
Sun Country Airlines 6 October 2008 Filed
Primaris Airlines 15 October 2008 Filed and discontinues operations
Japan Airlines 19 January 2010 Filed
Arrow Air 1 July 2010 Filed, discontinued, and undergoing liquidation "Wow that's alot of expectations" MM!

Scott, you just don't get it. It makes no difference to us whether this place folds or not we are all ready to retire anyway, it's those youngsters out west they will be the real losers. Nobody will want them they are damaged goods.

Scott, you just don't get it. It makes no difference to us whether this place folds or not we are all ready to retire anyway, it's those youngsters out west they will be the real losers. Nobody will want them they are damaged goods.

I think most airline HR/Flight Departments would rather have a young West pilot than an old East Angry F/O any day.

You may be ready to retire, but there are plenty of younger pilots on the East that would like to see USAirways survive for their benefit.

I think most airline HR/Flight Departments would rather have a young West pilot than an old East Angry F/O any day.

You may be ready to retire, but there are plenty of younger pilots on the East that would like to see USAirways survive for their benefit.
Huh, plenty of "younger pilots" you must mean early 50's I take it. :lol:

Huh, plenty of "younger pilots" you must mean early 50's I take it. :lol:
That's still 10-15 years that you would take away from them by being selfish and tanking the airline.

So that guy that is complaining that he will never make captain or how unfair the Nicolau is. He can start as a new hire somewhere else. No one will care what he he used to make or what he thought he deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back