US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No all you have to do is abide by the agreed to final and binding arbitration.

Not going to happen, if you haven't figured it out by now I don't know what to tell you. I guess you can keep wishing and praying for that to happen.................

Why would anyone join an organization created to do harm? Again AFTER the fact.

To try and limit the damage, but again if you can't see that...................

No we did not vote for the present regime. That is all east. We have no blame in that.

You could have helped elect a different one, but like many east pilots you would rather sit on the sidelines and #### about it.

How much support does usapa have now? Is it still the majority of east pilots? Does usapa have the support of any west pilots? After almost 3 years has usapa done anything to create unity?

I'd say about 2/3rds of east pilots or less and no, I can't see anything that has brought any of us together

How much support does usapa have now? Is it still the majority of east pilots? Does usapa have the support of any west pilots? After almost 3 years has usapa done anything to create unity?

I'd say about 2/3rds of east pilots or less and no, I can't see anything that has brought any of us together

So 2/3 of the east pilots support usapa. Of the 3600 total usapa pilots that is about 1600 that support usapa. Leaving about 2000 US Airways pilots that DO NOT support the union. That is 900 east pilots BTW. I would say that usapa and the junior east pilots trying to do what you have been doing have a problem. Lack of support and shrinking.

It requires 50%+1 for a strike vote. 50%+1 to pass a contract. 50%+1 to change unions. It looks like usapa is failing at creating that all important unity required. As was warned at the PHX meeting before usapa took over.

I've spoken to very few guys at Delta that buy into your point of view. Most consider that the East is simply trying to weasel out of something to which they've agreed.

GF

It didn't cross our mind to check with Delta pilots before we launched ALPA and I don't recall any remorse or regret for failing to consult with them. If they think that their unsolicited opinion is now more valuable than it was before then they are welcome to their opinion. Its a free country. :lol:

So 2/3 of the east pilots support usapa. Of the 3600 total usapa pilots that is about 1600 that support usapa. Leaving about 2000 US Airways pilots that DO NOT support the union. That is 900 east pilots BTW. I would say that usapa and the junior east pilots trying to do what you have been doing have a problem. Lack of support and shrinking.

It requires 50%+1 for a strike vote. 50%+1 to pass a contract. 50%+1 to change unions. It looks like usapa is failing at creating that all important unity required. As was warned at the PHX meeting before usapa took over.

I agree that it is a problem and I don't understand why the current USAPA leaders don't think it is a problem. But if you are reading those numbers to mean the 900 that don't support USAPA(if it is that high, I don't know) support the Nic, the west and a contract that would include it, you are wrong. I have a very anti-USAPA friend that will not vote for what he sees as an obtainable contract that includes the Nic. So.....that leaves you with the burden of still clearing the joint contract hurdle if you win all the legal battles, and the way you guys are pissing people off over here, that is no small hurdle.

It didn't cross our mind to check with Delta pilots before we launched ALPA and I don't recall any remorse or regret for failing to consult with them. If they think that their unsolicited opinion is now more valuable than it was before then they are welcome to their opinion. Its a free country. :lol:

Hey Einstein, when you quoted my post, did you see the the post that I had quoted? Go back and reread it, and it should all make sense to you...

You East guys are pariahs in this industry.

GF
DAL

I agree that it is a problem and I don't understand why the current USAPA leaders don't think it is a problem. But if you are reading those numbers to mean the 900 that don't support USAPA(if it is that high, I don't know) support the Nic, the west and a contract that would include it, you are wrong. I have a very anti-USAPA friend that will not vote for what he sees as an obtainable contract that includes the Nic. So.....that leaves you with the burden of still clearing the joint contract hurdle if you win all the legal battles, and the way you guys are pissing people off over here, that is no small hurdle.
I think you need to separate support for usapa from support for DOH.

Wow! That is an interesting perspective. We simply want what we agreed to.

It is the east pilots that had caused and created all of the battles. And you say we are pissing you guys off.

East pilots using the majority have thrown out the old union and replaced it with one only responsive to east pilots.

East pilots sued west pilots for RICO.

East pilots have tried to cram down a list that you could not get through arbitration.

East pilot are shifting all of the money in a new contract to the east.

And west pilots are pissing off east pilots. Sorry if pointing the finger of blame in the right direction bothers you.

Hey Einstein, when you quoted my post, did you see the the post that I had quoted? Go back and reread it, and it should all make sense to you...

GF
DAL

If John Prater himself showed up on these boards to tell us that USAPA pilots are the pariahs of the industry... then maybe we would believe him and then collapse in despair. Yeah, you would find all of us over in the corner crumpled in a heap, sucking our thumbs.

Oh, wait, never mind, no one has seen John wearing the double breasted jacket yet.

And west pilots are pissing off east pilots. Sorry if pointing the finger of blame in the right direction bothers you.

You don't have to apologize, I'm just pointing out. The smart west pilots already know how to handle themselves and they hate having to drag people like you and Ray along.

They were given what the got through a supposedly unbiased, neutral third party, and the Nic was not a gain for many west pilots-the senior ones. The worst that could be claimed of them would be of receiving ill gotten gains. 99% of east pilots, quite a few oal pilots and even some west pilots feel that Nic made major mistakes with his list and the west should have been willing to address those flaws, but I can't see any legal obligation to do so. I can see a fairness/pragmatic reason to have done so.

How can the East claim that the Nic award is not fair when the Shuttle and Delta Northwest arbitrations produced basically the same result, slotting by equipment and status?

The courts are to give your opinion the same weight that you give Delta pilots.

You don't have to apologize, I'm just pointing out. The smart west pilots already know how to handle themselves and they hate having to drag people you and ray along.
You start a war and you're upset about ettiquette? USAPA and their cheerleaders are worse than picket line crossing scabs...no polite behavior will change the direction of the scabs suicide mission.

Don't bust a cork there pops. Oh, BTW the Wye River event was the same as the rest.....wait for it ....here it comes......you guessed it.......CONDITONS & RESTRICTIONS. Sorry, we (other than your 3000 +/- best friends) didn't buy your little scheme (again).

You may have "lots of friends" that may be paying you lip service, I on the other hand am referring the pilots that I see during my weekly commute and on overnights (you might not believe this, but THEY ALWAYS ASK!!!!).

Have a prune juice smoothie, a high colonic & throw on a new pair of Depends......the Shite will eventually hit your fan.
And when it does hit the fan little man you will be standing right in front of it...dont forget to smile, your going to need it.

GF
DAL

OMG you are funny. Original US pilots are the pariahs? You guys let loose Comair and the 50 RJs that have all but ruined our careers! Go to your hole!

Gramps;
It's not personal, it is professional business. You & yours have attempted to dodge an agreement by simply changing the name of the "union". IMHO you will be made to comply, eventually (if not, then I assure you your just desserts in the final judgement). You may even have to pay damages to those people that you have harmed.

I looked at the list, I have read the list, I have read the findings & the court proceedings. You think it's unfair, that's your OPINION. I think the #1 AWA pilot should have bee #1 or #2 on the new list. It's my OPINION. I still must comply with the final & binding arbitration as delivered via the ALPA merger policy. You have won DELAY, and that is all. EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS INDUSTRY KNOWS EXACTLY WHO AND WHAT THE AWA pilots are dealing with. USAPA is the BLACK SMUDGE in commercial aviation. Pariah to be more precise.
Well I've read the same things you have and in MHFO the East pilot s should have the first 2600 slots and you and the rest of the west can use nic,hic,pic or dic to figure the last 1700, we dont care. carry on boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back