US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike the West pilots the Breeger suit has no claim against the company, only usapa. Further, they have no claim if the Nic is used.

Wow, that was a really short line. After all is sad and done and the Nic implemented, there is no line at all.
employment rights of their represented members.” Id. at *51.
In addition to the substantive challenge that Naugler presents to the legal viability of
Nicolau, the pendency of that action undermines the Company’s request in Count I, which
seeks a declaration that USAPA must, pursuant to its DFR and RLA duties, bargain for
implementation of Nicolau. As recently argued by ALPA in Naugler, it raises the
“prospect of inconsistent judgments,” because Naugler could result in a finding that
Nicolau was tainted by ALPA’s DFR breach, while the Company currently asks this Court,
in Count I, to declare that the list is valid and that USAPA is barred from negotiating for
anything other than Nicolau. (See Granath Decl., Ex. A at 49).
The Company, in its current request for declaratory relief, asks this Court, through
6 The district court in Addington barred USAPA from presenting any evidence challenging
the process, procedure, or decision of the Nicolau Award.” (08-01633, Doc. # 362 at 2).
This included evidence relating to the pending Naugler litigation. The ruling, contrary to
established precedent, precluded USAPA from establishing why it “never accepted the
arbitration decision in principle.” Associated Transport, 185 N.L.R.B. at 633.
Case 2:10-cv-01570-ROS Document 69 Filed 11/01/10 Page 8 of 10
Counts I and II, to opine on whether or not Nicolau must be included in any future CBA.7
Therefore, the Company seeks a resolution that will affect not only the West pilots, but the
lives and careers of over 3,000 East pilots, who the Ninth Circuit found have already
“expressed their intentions not to ratify a CBA containing the Nicolau Award.” Addington,
606 F.3d at 1180. Yet, in the face of this, the Company somehow continues to argue that it
is only the West pilots, and not the East pilots, who are necessary parties.
IV. CONCLU

You see NIC4 won't happen when you get your DOH contract you and BREEGER can come to court, heck I'll loan ya my car to get their since your 2+ mill short! MM!

You (West) also currently have no legitimate claims "against the company " or USAPA. In fact, you do not have any active lawsuits. None. Nada. All dismissed at the highest level. You and Breeger are indeed strange bedfellows....no difference in the end. Though I would argue theirs is an honorable claim..but only against ALPA and the PI pilots, and not USAPA.

What are you counting on?..the Company's own groundless lawsuit as giving you some sort of leverage? Judge Silver could indeed go off the reservation, ala Wake, but remember..all roads lead eventually to the Ninth. A dead end for all Spartans.

RR

Ummmm....the DFR will be "unquestionably ripe" according to Judge Tashima at ratification. DOH is on borrowed time.

In the meantime, does anyone else find it ironic how Mesa pilots getting canceled out of CLT today are getting paid?

Ummmm....the DFR will be "unquestionably ripe" according to Judge Tashima at ratification. DOH is on borrowed time.

In the meantime, does anyone else find it ironic how Mesa pilots getting canceled out of CLT today are getting paid?
If ALPA hadn't screwed us, we might have that provision, too. Good for them.

And you should add a line to your avatar. it should read "This is Sparta....Losing BIG for 2500 years."

Insults and name calling is all you have left in the east, that and the warmth of LOA93! let it flow my man let it flow!

Continue to beat me with LOA93

AWA320
you know, if LOA 93 bothers you that much, you should address your concerns to the creators of it, ALPA, in Herndon VA.

Yup while the big legacy doh wishing east group goes home with no money WOW that's gotta sting. Horizon rj70 capt earn as much as an east narrow body capt and now mesa getting cancellation pay while the east goes home with nadda.

Ya killin me with LOA 93 please make it stop :lol:

AWA320

Yup while the big legacy doh wishing east group goes home with no money WOW that's gotta sting. Horizon rj70 capt earn as much as an east narrow body capt and now mesa getting cancellation pay while the east goes home with nadda.

Ya killin me with LOA 93 please make it stop :lol:

AWA320
Ray,
Spoken like a true ALPA rep.

you know, if LOA 93 bothers you that much, you should address your concerns to the creators of it, ALPA, in Herndon VA.

Unhuh you just keep selling yourself that story ok. ALPA national had ZERO vote in that little piece of art history. Nope that was the people that you voted in office and then put them right back in with that scab outfit usapa. You do realize that usapa is the true definition of scabs dont you??

Busting a union for your own selfish needs is equal to or worse than a scab. The east broke the union to get around the very rules that are used to protect all members. That makes usapa selfish scabs. You are a member are you not? hmmm guess what that makes you???

AWA320

You (West) also currently have no legitimate claims "against the company " or USAPA. In fact, you do not have any active lawsuits. None. Nada. All dismissed at the highest level. You and Breeger are indeed strange bedfellows....no difference in the end. Though I would argue theirs is an honorable claim..but only against ALPA and the PI pilots, and not USAPA.

What are you counting on?..the Company's own groundless lawsuit as giving you some sort of leverage? Judge Silver could indeed go off the reservation, ala Wake, but remember..all roads lead eventually to the Ninth. A dead end for all Spartans.

RR

Correct. The West pilots currently have no claim against the company. However, if the company colludes with usapa in breaching the contracts they have with the West pilots ( i.e. use anything other than the Nic), the West pilots will have an "unquestionably ripe hybrid DFR claim". The company knows that, so they filed their suit.

The West is not counting on the company's DJ. That is the company's chosen course. The West has a very simple game plan. Do everything possible to keep usapa from getting a DOH contract. Company wants to merge, its Nic, (currently the only accepted system seniority list at LCC). Company wants to move airplanes, we have fleet min protection. Company wants to close bases or shift flying, okay with us, as long as usapa never gets its DOH contract.

Of course if Silver dismisses, the company has already said it will appeal to the 9th. If Silver says anything else, it is the Nic and usapa appeals. So we go back to the 9th, were they have already warned usapa to negotiate in good faith, and the fact that we are back there is obvious to all usapa is incapable of the same.

You east guys really got to get over this, we changed our name so it does not apply to us mentality. The arguement that usapa is not a party to the arbitration is comical. usapa now represents the parties to the arbitration and has the exact same duty to adhear to its outcome as ALPA did.

One more thing, Seeham is a moron if he thinks he is going to be held unaccountable in the end game.

Unhuh you just keep selling yourself that story ok. ALPA national had ZERO vote in that little piece of art history. Nope that was the people that you voted in office and then put them right back in with that scab outfit usapa. You do realize that usapa is the true definition of scabs dont you??

Busting a union for your own selfish needs is equal to or worse than a scab. The east broke the union to get around the very rules that are used to protect all members. That makes usapa selfish scabs. You are a member are you not? hmmm guess what that makes you???

AWA320
You don't know what you are talking about. Go look up "union busting" and read it. Replacing one CBA with another is not "union busting". What AOL is attempting to do is, indeed, union busting. So, I agree with your other characterization.

If ALPA hadn't screwed us, we might have that provision, too. Good for them.

And you should add a line to your avatar. it should read "This is Sparta....Losing BIG for 2500 years."
Losing BIG? Let's see . . . where is your DOH? It was all so easy I thought. http://leonidas.cactuspilots.us/Seham_costneutral.mov

RR seems to be ignoring me so maybe you can give me the East perspective. What did Judge Tashima mean by "unquestionably ripe?" Show your work please.

Losing BIG? Let's see . . . where is your DOH? It was all so easy I thought. http://leonidas.cactuspilots.us/Seham_costneutral.mov

RR seems to be ignoring me so maybe you can give me the East perspective. What did Judge Tashima mean by "unquestionably ripe?" Show your work please.
We have our DOH, and so do you.

That clip you keep dragging out has been explained to you numerous times. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back