US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
But remember, AWA would hire ANYBODY. That's the way it is when your business plan is based on having the worst pay and benefits in the industry for over 20 years. Gotta take what you can get, no matter how intellectually challenged. Now, management wants to perpetuate that model here. Doug as much as said it in the December Crew News video.

I love that new name, Wawwaw320. Suits him well. Especially after he REALLY starts crying monday afternoon after the SCOTUS order is published.
Wrong again. AWA would not just hire anyone. Unlike us airways where nepotism was the order of the day. 23 years old no flight time but daddy or uncle worked there so you were in. us air where you got hired for who you knew not what you knew.

BTW the SCOTUS has always been a long shot. We all know that so there will be no crying. But watch how usapa spins it. It will be the greatest victory very by Seham and usapa. Let’s wait for the company DJ and see how that turns out.

Certiorari has been denied by SCOTUS! Next.

Read all about it here... from the Supreme Court Website....

Title: Don Addington, et al., Individually and on Behalf of All Others Similarly Situated, Petitioners v. US Airline Pilots Association
Don Addington, et al., Individually and on Behalf of All Others Similarly Situated, Petitioners Rehearing Denied: Don Addington, et al., Individually and on Behalf of All Others Similarly Situated
Last Modified: 1/8/2011 10:35:39 AM

And now for something completely different......

Read all about it here... from the Supreme Court Website....

Title: Don Addington, et al., Individually and on Behalf of All Others Similarly Situated, Petitioners v. US Airline Pilots Association
Don Addington, et al., Individually and on Behalf of All Others Similarly Situated, Petitioners Rehearing Denied: Don Addington, et al., Individually and on Behalf of All Others Similarly Situated
Last Modified: 1/8/2011 10:35:39 AM

And now for something completely different......
So where is that contract usapa has been promising?

So where is that contract usapa has been promising?

Well, the average RLA mediation has been averaging 2 years 9 months. Spirit was over 3 with 4 years of negotiation under the mighty auspices of ALPA. Air Tran was 3 with 5 years of negotiation. American has 5 unions negotiating over 3 years all 2+ years into mediation. United has been in negotiation almost 3 years and in mediation, CAL over a year, and the JCBA seems to be moving no where fast and their management just ended around CAL's 70 seat scope protection by simply putting the UAL code on their flights and can disperse those jets anywhere in their system. With wins like that don't expect ALPA to produce anything there anytime soon.

If you want to assign the blame to the pace of Negotiations to a failed RLA, that is fine. Above is just spin to the loss at SCOTUS.

Says the hypocrite who NEVER admits being wrong about even the simplest things. :rolleyes: Yes, butter head, you do have a commanding understanding of the word "excuse."
I know I'm right about at least one thing. IT SUCKS TO LOSE, doesn't it? Go ahead, cry. You'll feel better tomorrow!

I wonder what the west lawyers are gonna do now? they've got to have a car payment coming up or something. Gotta find a way to keep the cash rolling in!

ALPA STILL SUX!

Wrong again. AWA would not just hire anyone. Unlike us airways where nepotism was the order of the day. 23 years old no flight time but daddy or uncle worked there so you were in. us air where you got hired for who you knew not what you knew.

BTW the SCOTUS has always been a long shot. We all know that so there will be no crying. But watch how usapa spins it. It will be the greatest victory very by Seham and usapa. Let’s wait for the company DJ and see how that turns out.
I've got proof, right here on this website, that they hired a bunch of brain-dead egotistical blowhards. Apparently something in the water out there causes mental and emotional issues.

Having the SCOTUS hear this case would have been interesting. It would also have likely slowed down the resolution process to an absolute crawl. There is simply no telling how long the DFR I case would take to make it to the Supremes to hear and make a ruling on, and then back to district court and who knows what from there? Another injunction? More USAPA appeals? It would likely have been many more years before a JCBA could even legitimately be discussed if they had taken the case. Getting justice for the west and a definitive legal ruling on ripeness outside of the extremely poor job done by Tashima and Graber would be a benefit to all, but it would have been very painful from a time delay perspective.

Now, the DJ can move forward and judge Silver can make her ruling. If she tells the company that the NIC cannot be legally disregarded, then USAPA will either have to accept the NIC or admit to their membership that no JCBA will be forthcoming. If she gives the company a legal pass on a hybrid-DFR by claiming that seniority is an internal union matter to be decided and resolved by the union and its membership, then USAPA can move as quickly as they like to get all the open sections of the JCBA closed and out for ratification. My guess is that TA would essentially be the Kirby with DOH for section 22. Once ratified, it’s back to DFR II (non-hybrid) where USAPA already lost once, save for the unquestionably ripe part of the case.

Any way you slice it, not having the SCOTUS take the case, moves this issue much closer to a resolution. USAPA will be out of excuses as to why they cannot produce a JCBA with industry leading rates and DOH. They will either produce the contract the east voted them in to attain, or they will have to admit to being incapable of producing the same. If I were a USAPA supporter, I would be less inclined to view that the SCOTUS denial as a victory and would be far more concerned about the implications that this brings for USAPA’s house of cards.

USAPIANS:
LOA93 grievance – do you really want to hear the result?
Company DJ filing – do you really want to hear the result?
JCBA – do you really want to know what the best contract USAPA can negotiate once they can’t hide behind the section 22 dispute any longer?

I know I’m ready to see all of these things come to light. 2011 could be a banner year for seeing USAPA fail on every issue of real importance.

Ha, what a laugh.

So let me ask you....why even add a footnote? Why would you even add a footnote if not to support the body?

Furthermore, let me ask you, what do you STAND ON? What SUPPORTS you and your body?

Where did you go to school man?......Embry Riddle?

Footnotes really only serve to continue a discussion which has already concluded. Do they serve a purpose? Yes they do. Does a party to litigation base the weight of its case on footnotes? Only if they want certain loss.

I see they point you are attempting to make with regards to the foot comment. What happens to thoes limbs when they are planted on an unstable foundation? Now we can certainly go round and round supporting our differing opinions as to this case. I am still unable to see how usapa clears the very large hurddle of non indemnity for LCC. I have yet to see anyone in the east make a resonable arguement on this point. Would you care to give it a try?

AWA320

When I got hired everyone had a "college" education. Clown school didnt count. actually you should have stuck to the clowns, it fits your disposition."funny" how you are a laugh a minute and not getting paid for it. your turn for a silly little quote that we will all remember for life.

:lol: :lol: Got under that old tired skin of yours huh? Dont be upset that you weren't accepted, i'm sure it happens to many. Gettin paid to post hmmm, are you stateing here on this forum that usapa pays you to post?? Ohh the name calling :D Now I know i'm under your old tired skin. Do yourself a favor and just retire now with what little dignity you have left.

AWA320

Having the SCOTUS hear this case would have been interesting. It would also have likely slowed down the resolution process to an absolute crawl. There is simply no telling how long the DFR I case would take to make it to the Supremes to hear and make a ruling on, and then back to district court and who knows what from there? Another injunction? More USAPA appeals? It would likely have been many more years before a JCBA could even legitimately be discussed if they had taken the case. Getting justice for the west and a definitive legal ruling on ripeness outside of the extremely poor job done by Tashima and Graber would be a benefit to all, but it would have been very painful from a time delay perspective.

Now, the DJ can move forward and judge Silver can make her ruling. If she tells the company that the NIC cannot be legally disregarded, then USAPA will either have to accept the NIC or admit to their membership that no JCBA will be forthcoming. If she gives the company a legal pass on a hybrid-DFR by claiming that seniority is an internal union matter to be decided and resolved by the union and its membership, then USAPA can move as quickly as they like to get all the open sections of the JCBA closed and out for ratification. My guess is that TA would essentially be the Kirby with DOH for section 22. Once ratified, it’s back to DFR II (non-hybrid) where USAPA already lost once, save for the unquestionably ripe part of the case.

Any way you slice it, not having the SCOTUS take the case, moves this issue much closer to a resolution. USAPA will be out of excuses as to why they cannot produce a JCBA with industry leading rates and DOH. They will either produce the contract the east voted them in to attain, or they will have to admit to being incapable of producing the same. If I were a USAPA supporter, I would be less inclined to view that the SCOTUS denial as a victory and would be far more concerned about the implications that this brings for USAPA’s house of cards.

USAPIANS:
LOA93 grievance – do you really want to hear the result?
Company DJ filing – do you really want to hear the result?
JCBA – do you really want to know what the best contract USAPA can negotiate once they can’t hide behind the section 22 dispute any longer?

I know I’m ready to see all of these things come to light. 2011 could be a banner year for seeing USAPA fail on every issue of real importance.

Wow, that spin didn't take long. :rolleyes:

But remember, AWA would hire ANYBODY. That's the way it is when your business plan is based on having the worst pay and benefits in the industry for over 20 years. Gotta take what you can get, no matter how intellectually challenged. Now, management wants to perpetuate that model here. Doug as much as said it in the December Crew News video.

I love that new name, Wawwaw320. Suits him well. Especially after he REALLY starts crying monday afternoon after the SCOTUS order is published.

And yet it was that " AWA would hire anybody" that SAVED YOU!!. Your old ### has a pay check today because of AWA and you ungrateful anuses have the nerve to think we should lay down and let you walk all over us, not gonna happen :p I am busting up now over that pay and benefits comment as you are the absolute bottom of the payscale. The east is now paid less than a rj captain at horizon. :lol: :lol: yeah you keep tooting that horn.

Scotus??? Are you kidding me? OMG that was never a real plan its all about the DJ and what happens from there. Here i thought you were talking about something really important happeneing today and you come with more of your idiocy.

AWA320

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back