Strike Support

Will you honor an IAM picket line over the Airbus outsourcing?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
PM : Sent: Solidarity, Sep 17 2003, 06:12 AM

LavMan,

I sincerely wish you the best on this issue of outsourcing your work
(regardless of your Union Label-We 'ARE' Union)
You have my 'FULL' support as we are single-minded in this action.
I will only reply to issues that are unsubstantiated towards AMFA, and/or involve UAL issues.
Otherwise, I will take opportunities (as they arise) in support.

Good Fortune to you and yours.

Take Care,
UAL_TECH

FYI,

Above is a PM I sent to LavMan on this issue.
Need I say more?

Take Care,
:) UAL_TECH

I will walk the picket line with all of my fellow brothers and sisters. We may not be members of the same union, but we have one thing in common...

UNITY!!! :up:

NewsFlash s^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Received and email from The CWA...Joining in support...for the Mechanics..

As soon as I emailed "Dave", my response was returned less then 5 min,so that
tells me HE COULD NOT answered it-words mis-spelled :down: -anyway this is the response I received:

'We never negotiated to change the criteria for not bringing work in- We will abide by the existing contract.
An arbitrator will decide WHAT THE CONTRACT SAYS(What a krock of crap) (from his mouth).

Regretfully the IAM fell well short of our ask both times.
We took (and how they took).what you would give us not what we asked for.

If we do not bring the work in,it is because it is consistant with the contract
and we do not have existing facilities.
Sincerly,
DAve'

Such
Inconsistancies...

funny,i know several hangars that have ample space in pit and clt davey.funny too,it was slated to be done in TPA,but you closed that(hmmmm,makes one wonder why now)and fired charlie nardello,who was responsible for seting up the 's' check.(hmmm makes one wonder again)....like a trail of dead bodies in murder mystery.
DAVES DIARY:
1.close TPA so we can claim we don't have the facilities.
2.get rid of nardello who set up the check program
3.deny deny deny
IAM DIARY:
1.stand up for our protected work
2.enlist support from all other labor groups
3.declaration of MAJOR DISPUTE
4.engage job action with support from other labor groups
5.decline in ticket sales,eventual cease in operations

This is NOT the first time they've spoken out of BOTH Sides..

If ya know what I mean ;)

delldude said:
funny,i know several hangars that have ample space in pit and clt davey.funny too,it was slated to be done in TPA,but you closed that(hmmmm,makes one wonder why now)and fired charlie nardello,who was responsible for seting up the 's' check.(hmmm makes one wonder again)....like a trail of dead bodies in murder mystery.
DAVES DIARY:
1.close TPA so we can claim we don't have the facilities.
2.get rid of nardello who set up the check program
3.deny deny deny
IAM DIARY:
1.stand up for our protected work
2.enlist support from all other labor groups
3.declaration of MAJOR DISPUTE
4.engage job action with support from other labor groups
5.decline in ticket sales,eventual cease in operations
6. about time

The continued beating by the company must end. There will be permanent lifelong repercussions from treating employees like this. Abide by all of the contracts and do your job and run the airline.

--Thanks to the AFA and CWA for your support.

(((He may believe it is kosher to walk on our backs now, but his party is soon to be over.)))

Lack of ample facilities is the weakest excuse imaginable.!!!!

The CLT Base Maintenance Facility is under-utilized by 40 to 60%...and all to often it's seeing "Drop-In" work that is better suited to be done in the new line hangar to begin with.

Here's another point. WE lived without the CLT Line Hangar for many many years..and that was during peak times with a fleet size in excess of 400 Acft. Nothing but nothing would prevent Bay 2 and Bay 4 of the CLT Big-House being used for what it's purposefully designed for...and that's performing "Heavy Checks"

My point is this. PIT Hangar 5 can handle 4 Acft up to the size of the A321...CLT can continue to run Heavy Checks on 3 Large Boeings..or the A330-300 and 2 Large Boeings...plus any other 2 types you care to name in the current fleet.

Also..should space be the real arguement? The CLT Line Hangar could easily be fitted with a tail dock for one additional heavy check if need be?...and still handle it's line maintenance support easily. Remember we did more with less before it was built..so now they have no reason to make excuses...except it suits thier desires to do so.

USAirways is also in strong standing with the CLT Airport and County Officials..nothing at all would prevent them building yet another hangar if U asked them to do so. This is Jerry Orr's position...not my conjecture.

PIT is more than capable of handling the B737 heavy Checks...and the drop in work that happens almost daily. Should the Boeings be rushed into retirement by the company? , very little would prevent a smooth transition to Airbus work...except the actual corporate desire to do so!!

Again...Dave is putting us in a bad position with the Farm-out issue....and it reaches well beyond labor strife. With Airbus Acft in out of reach places in Alabama...we are going to lose a ready reserve of spare parts for the operational fleet when the need presents itself....and it routinely does.

;) What about the PHL hangar that is generally empty during the day. We put two 767's or a 330 and a couple baby bus's in at one time . The thing could hold 5 or 6 baby bus's. Just why do they waste the space half of the day.

planechecker said:
;) What about the PHL hangar that is generally empty during the day. We put two 767's or a 330 and a couple baby bus's in at one time . The thing could hold 5 or 6 baby bus's. Just why do they waste the space half of the day.
planechecker,

With all do respect...and agreement in theory , PHL would take a major overhaul in how it conducts business to be functional as a "Heavy Check" facility.

The worst part about PHL is directly linked to it being a logistical quagmire. This is do in part to the mentality of PHL Stores in general...and the absence of a dedicated Tool Room...and a knowledgable Tool Room Staff....and lets not forget affective leadership that owns up to it's issues instead of being spoon fed and forgiven for everything. The saying goes..."it's Philly , what do you expect? "..and the subject is dropped that easily.

I cannot stress how much PHL costs us in these respects...and that's just as a "mega line station" as some see themselves there. Basically PHL needs a thorough "House Cleaning" as it stands now , from the leadership downward.
The addition of the A330 stuff to PHL's Inventory within the last three years simply overwhelmed them. Management knows it's a problem too...but if you ignore it , it will simply just go away in thier eyes. Right !!

I only wish I could obtain 10 cents on every dollar on the tooling and parts that come up lost in PHL as it stands today. One year alone would make me a very rich person...and in no further need of employment with U....away on my private island I would go !! (LOL)

PHL also has cultural issues that need to be bridged. Maintenance Refuses to talk to Stores in PHL...so what happens is MOC in PIT ..and then MCU in CLT end up mediating to make that mess up there work all too often. As it stands right now...on any given night PHL accounts for 1/3rd of the calls we get ,(consider how many MT bases we still have too) in regards to solving purely internal problems..why in heavens name would we want to double that ratio by adding Heavy Mt. to the mix?, when CLT and PIT are more than capable of handling the load....the space/ ample facility thing is nothing but a song and dance thing....Don't buy into it for a second!!!

Sorry if I've insulted you...and that's not my intent....it's just not being typical U Management ( I'm not)...I'm prone to call it like it is...as others should.

Could the CLT base handle all the work with out PIT? Maybe that's what Dave is saying... or thinking. Just a thought.

:up: I just wanted to see if anybody knew the problem we have in PHL. You hit it dead on , it does need a good house cleaning. The management, the stock room( the utes that made it to the big time) and general outlook on things in general. thanks for your comment.

planechecker said:
:up: I just wanted to see if anybody knew the problem we have in PHL. You hit it dead on , it does need a good house cleaning. The management, the stock room( the utes that made it to the big time) and general outlook on things in general. thanks for your comment.
planechecker,

To be perfectly honest...this is a subject that I'm not very thrilled with being right about....but again lying about it only continues the cover-up of a major flaw in the operation.

PHL stores has the worst accountability of anyplace I have ever encountered...to say that they have added gray hairs to many of us is a gross under-statement.

Lost Tooling...because nobody was made to sign for it....out of calibration tools because they weren't checked properly...thus creating work stoppages.

Lost high dollar rotable parts because they neglected to meet a flight as instructed to do.

Consumable parts not properly inventoried..or removed from the system when issued out. Never knowing what they hell they have ..or rather don't have because very few seem to give a damn.

Just within the last week I instructed PHL to send A330 Seat Covers to FCO to replace thier allocation. The balance on hand showed 62 ea. there....the call comes back that they can't support FCO's needs...cuz we can't find them. After pressing the matter...I later got a call that a box of 50 materialized...and FCO could be supported. Wonderful one might think , Right? Well not so wonderful afterall. This means 12 ea. are just gone. Sounds like small issues...but pennies make dollars in the same token. Then we have to consider the short life span of a seat cover. It's four washings then they have to be discarded for the flame retardants being un-effective. Tis FAA rules.

I could right a book on PHL...and the only problem with that would be the right people wouldn't read it. We shall suffer accordingly from an un-seen financial and operational standpoint too.

Who's minding the store?? I guess they must be out driving Miss Daisey or something?

Back