Aa Mechanic Support Nwa Mechanics

Wow J.T.K., an article by the who's who of AFL-CIO bootlickers. Correct me if I'm wrong but Abernathy ran the "why can't we get along twu campaign." Nice how they are rooting for the demise of AMFA but at the same time say AMFA's loss will lead to more concessions throughout the industry. Are we confused here? Nice edit job with the AFMA typo's throughout, almost looks twu like.

AMFAMAN said:
Wow J.T.K., an article by the who's who of AFL-CIO bootlickers. Correct me if I'm wrong but Abernathy ran the "why can't we get along twu campaign." Nice how they are rooting for the demise of AMFA but at the same time say AMFA's loss will lead to more concessions throughout the industry. Are we confused here? Nice edit job with the AFMA typo's throughout, almost looks twu like.
[post="296116"][/post]​

AMFAMAN,

You are way over his head. Bring it down to a copy/paste third grader level and he just might get a hint of what you are trying to say.

TWU informer said:
AMFAMAN,

You are way over his head. Bring it down to a copy/paste third grader level and he just might get a hint of what you are trying to say.
[post="296218"][/post]​

Sorry.... :p

What the article says....

AFMA has tried to re-create worker clout based on an outdated notion of
craft power more suited to the early 20th century than to today's
globalized, deregulated economy. "Workers have to organize in bigger
unions across whole sectors" or they will fail, says Bruce Raynor,
president of UNITE/HERE, the needle trades and hotel workers union.

What Raynor says....

1) UNITE HERE SUPPORTS NORTHWEST STRIKERS

The following document in support of the 4,400 striking workers at
Northwest Airlines was recently circulated by the national
leadership of UNITE HERE:

RE: Travel arrangements to Executive Board meeting

Over one week ago, about 4,400 mechanics, cleaners, and custodians
represented by the Airline Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA),
walked off the job at Northwest Airlines after they were unable to
reach resolution with the company. Northwest Airlines has proposed
pay cuts and layoffs that would have reduced their ranks by nearly
half and the wages of those remaining by about 25 percent.

UNITE HERE officially stands behind the AMFA members and their
decision to go on strike. As a result, we are asking that all UNITE
HERE leaders and staff planning to travel to the Executive Board
meeting in St. Paul, MN, not book flights through Northwest
Airlines. We urge all staff to use Continental Airlines for their
travel, or another union carrier. Metropolitan Travel Services has
been advised of this decision and will help you book your travel
accordingly.

Because of the short time left before the board meeting, and because
of the limited carrier capacity on Continental, please make sure to
book your flights as soon as possible.

So either JAMES T. KIRK is now a confirmed liar.

Or the AMFANUTS website that he regularly copies/paste from is posting lies?

OR BOTH? :shock:

TWU informer said:
So either JAMES T. KIRK is now a confirmed liar.

Or the AMFANUTS website that he regularly copies/paste from is posting lies?

OR BOTH? :shock:
[post="296252"][/post]​

Big surprise here!!!
Open your eyes and the 'TRUTH' will set you free!!!

Take Care,
-BigE

TWU Informer, I have no idea if One Flyer is AA mgmt or not. But I am not AA. I am a semi-retired small business owner. In my lifetime I have held a musicians union card, a NYC hack license, and a theatical union ticket. Prior to, during, and in between these jobs I was in college, enlisted in the USAF and became a singe-engine rated pilot.

That is as close to being a member of "organized" labor as I have experienced. I never knew (or wanted) "seniority" or someone to bargain for my pay scale. Each job was an interim step to being my own boss. I spent many more years working in the "management" other firms before starting my own business.

But TWU Infomer , you have never responded to the One Flyer comment,
I am continually confused how someone can attempt to justify that somehow the NWA mechanics that are out of work and will probably never get their jobs back are better off than the AA mechanics that took a pay cut. It’s bizarre. A rational human good not make the argument.

I am sure you believe that the NW AMFA will get their jobs back. But I think the next sentences are even more on point

The fact remains that if an airline started today and offered the same wages and benefits that AA does to its unionized employees, people would love it. Mechanics, pilots, flight attendants, and ramp works would talk about the great wages and benefits,.....
Maybe the word "great" is not appropriate, but many of laid-off employees of the legacy airlines are "happy' with their jobs at B6.
But One Flyer makes the final point:

If you can not accept your wage then you need to find a new place to work, because no union is going to be able to negotiate higher wages with a company that is not making money. How hard is this to understand?
How hard is it to respond to the question of One Flyer, rather than just accuse: "management propaganda" Inquiring minds would like answers.

upsilon said:
Maybe the word "great" is not appropriate, but many of laid-off employees of the legacy airlines are "happy' with their jobs at B6.
[post="296372"][/post]​

How would you know?

For your information starting pay at Jet Blue is higher than starting pay at AA.

Bob Owens said:
How would you know? For your information starting pay at Jet Blue is higher than starting pay at AA.
[post="296785"][/post]​
How would I know? Because I read their posts in forums on this and other BB. And it is not just AMT, but also FA, CSA, and pilots.

upsilon said:
[post="296785"][/post]​
How would I know? Because I read their posts in forums on this and other BB. And it is not just AMT, but also FA, CSA, and pilots.
[post="296828"][/post]​
[/quote]
Which other BBs and how do you know they are Jet Blue employees? So now anonymous posting are considered a reliable means to judge an entire workforce? Again have you actualy spoken to any jet blue employee? Have to spoken to or do you personally know any Jet Blue employee? By the way I do, mechanics, and we tend to be less Pollyannaish than other workers. The movie "Wall Street" got that right.

Bob Owens, I asked my questions of TWU Informer; but as has been noted in many threads, he does not directly respond, as do you.

But I will again reply to your intercession. Yes I have "actually spoken to Jet Blue employees". In fact I "personally know" ex-TWA people now working at B6.

Go back to my post #51 above. I never mentioned mechanics. You insist on dwelling on them. I used the term “manyâ€￾ employees. You translate that to “entire workforceâ€￾. I follow aviation topics on this and many other BB, including some private airline employee ones to which I have access, particularly the ex-TWA.

I have been using B6 to the upstate cities of BUF, SYR and ROC since the airline's beginning five years ago. I also fly it to FL and CA when I don't want to pay AA last-minute fares. I usually ask the "older" check-in and flight personnel if they worked for another airline prior to B6. I get a lot of "affirmatives". The conversation about B6 is positive.

It appears you cannot understand or accept that any airline employees could possibly be satisfied with their pay or job. If they left OAL, they may have started at less; but they have not been cut. And they seem to be in no hurry to become unionized!

In Biz This Week
Edited by Anne Newman

HEADLINER
O.V. Delle-Femine: Mechanical Failure

In the four decades since he founded the mechanics union now on strike at Northwest Airlines (NWAC ), O.V. Delle-Femine has built the union's membership on a core principle: Make no wage concessions. For years that hard-line position worked, allowing the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Assn. to raid existing unions at other airlines to swell its ranks.

Now, with the Aug. 20 walkout showing virtually no sign of success, the strike seems likely to spell the end of labor militancy in the troubled airline industry -- and dramatically weaken AMFA itself. Delle-Femine, 72, clearly underestimated Northwest's ability to hire replacements for the union's 4,300 mechanics. The narrow group of workers he represents also gave him little leverage in hurting the Eagan (Minn.)-based carrier.

Labor experts say the strike's failure will undermine confidence in Delle-Femine's leadership among the other 12,000 members at seven other airlines. But the mechanics union's Northwest workers will be first to pay the price.

By Robert Berner

upsilon,Sep 8 2005, 03:10 PM]
I usually ask the "older" check-in and flight personnel if they worked for another airline prior to B6. I get a lot of "affirmatives". The conversation about B6 is positive.

And what would you expect them to say? They have no union and you could be management.

And they seem to be in no hurry to become unionized!

From what I've been told Jet Blue fires people who try to organize.

Jet Blue is a steady growing company and they wish to keep it that way. You are correct about them firing workers that try to organize. I think a few have been fired being unjustly accused of attempting to organize. Of course that will never show up in any file. Regardless Jet Blue is not taking any chances. Jet Blues wages are adequate and need no union intervention to suck the life out of the company. Jet Blue is poised to surpass Southwest. They need no third party, life sucking union, coming in and tripping their success up.

Name: leaving UAL
Email:
Employer: use to be UAL
Station: use to be SFO
Date: Saturday September 10, 2005
Time: 10:52:09 PM

Comments
How to rid your airline of union mechanics. Step 1. Let them join AMFA. The mechanics will be a smaller group and not be supported by the other groups. Being non-AFL-CIO will also help. Step 2. Prepare for a strike by getting replacement mechanics ahead of time and be sure to get good PR support. Step 3. Make them strike, play hardball at the bargaining table and double dog dare them to strike. Step 4. Let them strike, we corporate guys love the fact that we don't have to pay you severance, unemployment or your benefits while you are out besides there are only 4000 of you now. Step 5. Let them grovel and offer them even less when they get back. Do we really want them back? Hey, the replacement guys were will to work for less and even cross a picket line to get to their jobs. Step 6. Repeat above steps until AMFA is gone from the airlines. Thank you AMFA for screwing everyone in the airlines. Your strike at Northwest showed the corporate rats how to screw everyone that is a part of AMFA. This stupid group is one of the reason I have gave up being an aircraft mechanic. I hope AMFA dies the death if deserves but the sad part is there will be a lot of good mechanics that will suffer due to your stupidity. Things are tough enough and being AMFA did not help. One AMFA self master baiter once told me," just wait a few years and see if things are not better when AMFA gets in." Well it has been a few years and the funny thing is the AMFA zealot that told me that got laid off. I guess being laid off is better. PS: Hey Dell, I hope you get to live long and old enough to see the demise of your stupid scab, self centered frat boy's club while you are in a wheel chair, iron lung or something fun like that. Thanks for nothing AMFA, I'm leaving this lousy career but I am smiling because I never have to pay another nickel to AMFA ever again.

Capt. Kirk, There is no need to leave the aviation industry. It will grow and prosper as soon as the unions are dead. I see a lot of improvements at Northwest already and it has only been a few days since the flight crews have begun to accept their new environment.

Back