Ideas to pass a TA with the mechanics.

Overspeed said:
Good thing we didn't go IBT. The "Teamster Power" is stalled.

http://teamsterair.org/node/1960

NMB isn't letting anyone go to self help anymore.
Not only have they stalled, but why in the world do you need 35 people at the nego table?  That is just way too much, overwhelming.  This is how the teamsters have always done it though. They want the largest amount of folks at the table to try and "intimidate" the other sides, and it has really backfired on them now {way to go teamsters}  They did this little attempt of "scare tactics" at the nego table during the SWA/AT integration nego's, and again they were simply embarrassing results and actions done by their side {although it was mostly the attorney}  And let's not forget, this is your dues paying for every single member allowed to sit in at the nego table and what a waste of money.  Just more stupid childish games still being used by the teamsters, way to go teamsters once again.  LOL...

Overspeed said:
Good thing we didn't go IBT. The "Teamster Power" is stalled.

http://teamsterair.org/node/1960

NMB isn't letting anyone go to self help anymore.
You are right about the NMB. 
But yet the TWU/IAM alliance supporters still believe they are going to bring the company to its knees come negotiation time because of record profits. 

AMFAinMIAMI said:

Each day our rents, car payments and food bills, tolls and every part of lifes cost keep increasing but why should we suffer, and not keep up even with inflation. What we have given back to AA was hard fought for by unions guys yrs ago. STOPPING This trend is what needs to happen don't you agree?
Of course I agree. BUT,,,, anyone that thinks Parker is just going to give us the keys to the store is an idiot. It will be the same as it has always been, we will have to fight for every little thing. 

OH guys want their part, line guys want theirs, now you hear calls that we should all "stick together!". Everyone's been saying that BS for 30 freakin years but OH always gets their due every single time because that's where the convention votes are. Meanwhile the guys out on the line get shafted.  I say go to industry standard on every little piece. Everything. You name it, industry standard.

Now, take into account the idiots we have negotiating for us and their personal agendas and the fact that Parker and Company is going to stick us in the ass if he can. People need to wake up and smell the coffee. Threads like this show the capacity of the membership, saying we should have this and that, well, if you want that, get your ass off the laptop and off the TV and get ready to start administering aluminum enemas.

But you got same old douchbags that have their own deal that they don't want to get disrupted. Go on field trips for 1.5, fix airplanes with pens. Don't want their class 2s shut down. Figure out ways to give them the machine with little or nothing.  They want their OT gotta pay for the brand new truck they say.

I say threads like these are laughable and really do add to the failure of ourselves as a group to get a good deal. Guys believe they are some how OWED everything, which may be the case, but the dipshits negotiating for us and the company aint gonna give us #### if we don't piss on their cereal bowl each and every hour of every single day every time opportunity knocks instead of letting them off the hook. That goes for everyone in OH and everyone on the line. People need to forget about their warm and cozy little deals for awhile.

I say good luck, never seen it happen once and never will see it happen in my career.

Hell, we cant even figure out who is representing us and guys are talking about contracts and what they think they should get?  .... sheeeeet. LOL

Kev3188 said:
Maybe.

But at the same time, I'd say the more observers in the room, the better.
Yes. I agree 100% about observers.  However, observers are not paid, they are on their own time.  Having 35 people at the table is just stupid.  It's just more wasted money by the teamsters to keep their buddy buddy system paying out of the dues monies...

I would expect the mechs and FSCs to get the 9.9% contribution to our 401k like the FAs were offered.

bigjets said:
I would expect the mechs and FSCs to get the 9.9% contribution to our 401k like the FAs were offered.
LOL.. Parker says, "Here ya go silly mechanics with stupid union, please take this additional money and add it to your retirement account, after all, I'm such a benevolent leader, and we'll pay no problem."

Passing a TA with the mechanics is simple if you have the twu as your union.

The twu will simply keep bringing it back until it passes!

bigjets said:

I wrote were offered, I should have said, like the FAs currently have.  

Thanks TWU !!!!!!  We know the company's willing to pay, but the TWU and IAM unwilling to accept. IAM less pay then AA's bk contract, but the APFA gets an industry leading contract offer from the same management team. WOW, you can almost smell the incompetence.

Taking dues and being second fiddle to the APFA for a decade. FA's more equity per FA, even before the TWU decided to keep some of ours for "legal reasons", APFA better 401k contribution, then the TWU lower match.  

bigjets said:
I don't think this is outrageous to expect in contract.

$35 base
$5 license
.75 line pre
.75 aft shift diff. $1.50 nights diff
10 holidays at x2.5
Dbl time after 12 hrs
12 sick days bankable to 1500 (like the apfa was offered) paid at full rate or 10 sick days and 2 personal days.
6 weeks VC after 25 years
$5 cc pay
Scope should remain as AA says it can make money at this outsourcing %

I disagree, I think that is completely and utterly outrageous. 

We should not be making one cent less than UPS. 

UPS earned $1.3 billion last quarter, AA which is in a spending spree, earned $1.2 billion. 

AA can easily afford to pay us what UPS gets along with all the trimmings. In 2001 we made as much as UPS did. Little, Videtich and all the other company sucks are gone but the damage they did is still evident by the low expectations we see among our fellow mechanics. 

Parker says we should get paid what we deserve and not ask for profit sharing, well we do the same job mechanics at UPS do except our planes are loaded with live human beings, so I'd say we deserve at the very least as much as they get. We deserve as much as UPS mechanics. So fine give us UPS compensation and you can keep your profit sharing. 

Bob Owens said:

UPS earned $1.3 billion last quarter, AA which is in a spending spree, earned $1.2 billion. 

AA can easily afford to pay us what UPS gets along with all the trimmings. In 2001 we made as much as UPS did. Little, Videtich and all the other company sucks are gone but the damage they did is still evident by the low expectations we see among our fellow mechanics. 

Parker says we should get paid what we deserve and not ask for profit sharing, well we do the same job mechanics at UPS do except our planes are loaded with live human beings, so I'd say we deserve at the very least as much as they get. We deserve as much as UPS mechanics. So fine give us UPS compensation and you can keep your profit sharing. 
ha. So you want to go to line only? 

I would take a look at what amount of work UPS send out compared to AA. 

I would even compare how many line guys UPS has compared to AA. 

We (Delta) do a ton of UPS work fwiw..... 

Bob Owens said:

A quick question how much does rent at a terminal at ord or lga cost compared to a whare house in a secondary airport. How much more insurance does AA have to pay to fly humans, compared to ups and their cargo? How much more does cost an airline for pax service as to whare house workers?

Has anyone read how the cargo airlines are parking aircraft or how cargo airlines aren't making as much revenue as expected. People are more likely to ship packages in 3-5 business days as opposed to the more lucrative over night Delivery. Pick up an issue of aviation weekly sometime.

Less Disney world logic from a 7 year old and more real world expectations.

Industry leading contract is a good start.

As far as OH is concerned, OH is no longer a factor, as AA has decided it can make money with this amount of outsourcing. No longer will the excuse of, we have pensions, retiree medical, and ALL our own Maint. So this what we can pay you.

Nothing less then industry leading is expected. Mechs should not listen to the S*** House lawyers who think they are business/financial experts who WILL pull us down to a mediocre contract years from now.

Bob Owens said:

I agree with you here Bob, all except for one thing,  you guys should also still be able to share in the Profit Sharing too.  Now if they wanted to offer the mechanics a percentile above and beyond current UPS pay then maybe you could afford to forego the PS and invest your money for retirement as you see fit.  I honestly don't see why the company did not offer this it is a total write-off for the company, make big profits then share, don't make profits nobody shares and it cost the company absolutely nothing.  BTW;  Are the UPS mechanics in current nego's as we speak?  We also think we should get the UPS pay as well, all airlines should, there is more responsibility with the human lives on passenger airlines as far as the mechanics and pilots are concerned than there is with the package haulers.  Hope you guys get it at AA with or without PS, however, you should not ever say that the company can keep the PS if they were pay UPS wages, besides their wages are fixin to go up after they are done nego, think about it...

Back