Ideas to pass a TA with the mechanics.

DallasConehead said:
Right,, so you can continue to be at top pay for your skill set (scanning bag tags) among the airlines.
Why you stick your pie hole in maintenance issues. You dont even have a reason to be here except to stir the pot and talk about how great you got it now that you left

First, you have a very short memory. Second, I never "scanned bags". I worked for a maintenance base.  I have already stated that several times.

I don't talk about "how great I got it" to brag. It is my hope that some will be inspired to move on to a less hostile vocation.

If someone with the skill set of "scanning bag tags" can do OK post AA just think of what an A&P could do.

Kev3188 said:
Tell us more about how that mindset is helping *anyone* in America's working class make any real progress.
It's not. What you are seeing is the effects of many years of AA/TWU propaganda.

DallasConehead said:

Right,, so you can continue to be at top pay for your skill set (scanning bag tags) among the airlines.
Boy you really think you are something special on this earth don't you? 

I don't think this is outrageous to expect in contract.

$35 base
$5 license
.75 line pre
.75 aft shift diff. $1.50 nights diff
10 holidays at x2.5
Dbl time after 12 hrs
12 sick days bankable to 1500 (like the apfa was offered) paid at full rate or 10 sick days and 2 personal days.
6 weeks VC after 25 years
$5 cc pay
Scope should remain as AA says it can make money at this outsourcing %

Taking less because we have OH no longer matters

bigjets said:

$35 base
$5 license
.75 line pre
10 holidays at x2.5
Dbl time after 12 hrs
12 sick days bankable to 1500 (like the apfa was offered) paid at full rate or 10 sick days and 2 personal days.
$5 cc pay

BigJets

Why have the Lic. premium separate any longer since it does not affect our Pension.

If you have the A&P your hourly rate just reflects it. 

I would be ok with the most of the rest as long as the TWU or IAM Logos were not at the TOP of it. But I think our scope language needs to be improved.

bigjets said:

$35 base
$5 license
.75 line pre
10 holidays at x2.5
Dbl time after 12 hrs
$5 cc pay

I would offer that the mechanics industry wide need a change in mindset when it comes to shift work.

Its time to demand wages that reflect the demands an off schedule shift requires.

Swings & Midnights shift differential should be a percentage of wages not a paltry few pennies.

4% for swings - 5% for midnights

ThirdSeatHero said:
I would offer that the mechanics industry wide need a change in mindset when it comes to shift work.

Its time to demand wages that reflect the demands an off schedule shift requires.

Swings & Midnights shift differential should be a percentage of wages not a paltry few pennies.

4% for swings - 5% for midnights
That is too low.

10% for swing shift and 25% for midnight shift. I would also include a 10% weekend override.

Glenn Quagmire said:
That is too low.
10% for swing shift and 25% for midnight shift. I would also include a 10% weekend override.
20 years ago my dad retired as mech maintaining equipment In a factory and was receiving 10% for 2nd and 15% for 3rd shift.

ThirdSeatHero said:

Exactly - its time to change mindsets on this subject, and move towards percentages.

TSH

This is the exact reason that we need to remove the industrial unions and bring in our own craft union. Even AMFA need to change some of it's way of doing things they need to break some of the old ways of thinking and get with the new way of dealing with the airlines.

If AMFA's Leaders are not willing to do that then they should be voted out and others who will move AMFA forward need to be put in place.

Back