US Pilots' Labor Thread 4/28-5/5--NO PERSONAL REMARKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
They took a cowardly approach in trying to strong-arm the west pilots and they failed. Those committees and meetings were set up to try and calm the east down and show them that ALPA had their back.

They threw their process out the window along with what little credibility they had left.

No one out west is a fan of Prater and they're at the bottom of the list should USAPA need replacing when this is all done.

1) Agreed. Fortunately for all concerned...precious few were stupid enough to buy into the fantasy that Alpa EVER "had their back"....except, perhaps in ahem...somewhat less than wholesome ways ;)

2) Agreed there as well. Ummm..what's that reasonably tell even the casual reader about how much even Alpa it's self valued it's own perfection of "process"? You know = the very same "process" that your group is nowadays so adamant about forcing acceptance of?..and feels should be so very, very sacred? :lol:

3) Agreed, as in Alpa? = NO WAAY!!...umm..but; Who have you seriously got in mind for any viable replacement union? Perhaps the "spartan heros" within "The Army of Leonidas"?...or just "The Local Chapter of The Association of Fairy Godmothers? ;)

Interesting and often amusing times all around... ;)

Just look at the Shuttle Mechanics vs the IAM, they were given their Trump Shuttle hire date for seniority, they sued and used how they were treated during the strike and won, and got damages and seniority they didnt deserve as they resigned from EA to go to TS.

Stranger things have happened in front of a jury.

I don’t understand your puzzlement? The west is asking the question, to what point would Sully and Skiles make about the action of the union?

Kind of dispels the myth that the west would not participate. Dispels the myth that anyone who tried to volunteer was physically threatened and persuaded from joining.

I guess the jury should ignore the FAA required training to be a captain.

Before the merger given a choice between the AWA and US Air safety record which captain would the jury rather fly with?

1) SURE you don't :lol: For the second part of that complet BS = A better question would be why the westies are so nervous about the possible impact of those guys testifying. What are you afraid of? If you're not feraful, then why try so hard to eliminate them from the witness stand? BS's just plain BS..regardless of how you're striving to slice, dice and present it.

2) Oooooooh! "the FAA required training to be a captain"!??? WOW!!..Now THAT'S truly impressive!!...and..given that virtually the entire east list has long ago been through that exhalted training, flown as captains/etc...and a great many had far more serious and severe training within the military/etc....Well...Umm..you're actually just joking here...You're just pulling my leg here...umm..arent' you? :blink: :lol:

3) Don't know = You'll have to ask the jury ;) Naturally; I do have complete confidence that they'd much rather have you as their captain than either Messrs Sullenberger or Skiles though...Happy now? ;)

If USAPA gets their way that will be gone and Skiles will be senior to me and will have successfully stolen my postion.

Well then you can always sue us. Oh, forgot, suing us is what this is all about. But to rephrase, if you dont get your way, it will be theft of your position. Ok, I got it now.

I would like to state for the board that I did not seek the MEC chairmans identity. It is 12 miles from my garage to the employee parking lot and I have not jumpseated more than 3 times in the last 5 years. However, I am trying to do something about denials, because I do not think it right.

I concur, Nic4. I gave his name to 4 others. Didnt mean to imply I gave it to you. My commute to the PHL parking lot is a little longer, but I have never been bumped and only 1 mechanical in 21 years. Denials are bad news if either side is doing it. Denials beget retaliation begets stupidity. snoopo

This board gets funnier by the day. A bunch of people sitting around arguing about what is happening in the court room, what the jury thinks, etc. Let me give you guys our west one thought. A lot of east pilots thought this little seniority thing would be a piece of cake, and they only had to convince one experienced labor man why they were right. The west has to convince 9 folks off the street they are right. It may happen, but my point is we really don't have a clue what they are thinking, why not just let it play out?
A lot of east pilots think this is going to be a piece of cake.

Why not let it play out?

Denials are bad news if either side is doing it. Denials beget retaliation begets stupidity. snoopo

Agreed. My one try at a ride from a west crew resulted in denial. regardless fo that childish BS; I'll never return "the favor", due to basic respect for th3 profession..and the fact that I'm long past being anywhere close to 13 years old, so there's little sense in acting the part :rolleyes:

Latest CLT CrewNews just came up on the hub.

Funny how he gave the same answer about the "snapback" to the east as he did to the west. He even added that it was irresponsible of USAPA to be putting out any hint that the east would be seeing those pay raises.

At least your PHL reps have finally figured it out:

It should come as no surprise that the Company has already indicated that they intend to violate LOA 93 regarding the firm end date of pay freezes.

Hope you east guys haven't spent your raises.

And that first payment of $35 million will do just fine covering some of the damages awarded as a result of this trial - should the west prevail of course.

Is that possible? Can they really do it?

Sure can. But make sure you ask your USAPA rep to get the "straight" answer.

Oh, and we're getting the transcripts of the trial over here. I just read USAPA has pulled them for whatever reason.

Wonder what they're hiding?

I have a feeling that Sully's testimony could REALLY backfire on usapa. He is not effected by the Nic at all. He IS effected by the lack of a new contract. He IS effected by separate operations. His commute to CLT is MUCH more challenging than say to PHX or LAS.

He could just say that the formation of usapa has been a complete disaster as far as he is concerned. For nearly two years, since the Nic was determined, he has basically been stuck in the mud. With limited years left, that in and of itself, IS a big deal.

The West laywers likely are looking forward to getting him on the stand.

The West laywers likely are looking forward to getting him on the stand.

:lol: SURE they are! That would certainly explain all of their determined efforts to prevent his ever testifying. :lol: Given what the man has expressed about his thanks to the union for it's tremendous support regarding the Hudson experience...I've no doubts that he'll prove a fine witness for the west, nor, it seems, have your ace attorneys any doubts therein.

Thanks..that one was yet another truly hilarious bit. :lol: :up:

"Folks...you just can't make this sort of stuff up" ;)

Latest CLT CrewNews just came up on the hub.

Funny how he gave the same answer about the "snapback" to the east as he did to the west. He even added that it was irresponsible of USAPA to be putting out any hint that the east would be seeing those pay raises.

At least your PHL reps have finally figured it out:

It should come as no surprise that the Company has already indicated that they intend to violate LOA 93 regarding the firm end date of pay freezes.

Anyone equipped with even the least powers of observation, coupled with an above room temperature IQ, fully knows that this management will try everything possible to rob from the employee groups. Lie Cheat and Steal 101 is an established doctrine. Anything achieved to the contrary will naturally require a "fight" of some sorts...ALWAYS. What's your point here?

Worthy of note though = It's interesting to see just how easily and immediately they've "managed" YOUR "expectations" already :lol: if you actually believe what those people say..well...While we're on the easy-to-manage folks; I've got this bridge you might want to consider buying. ;)

:lol: SURE they are! That would certainly explain all of their determined efforts to prevent his ever testifying. :lol: Given what the man has expressed about his thanks to the union for it's tremendous support regarding the Hudson experience...I've no doubts that he'll prove a fine witness for the west, nor, it seems, have your ace attorneys any doubts therein.

Thanks..that one was yet another truly hilarious bit. :lol: :up:

"Folks...you just can't make this sort of stuff up" ;)

Irrelevant. Read the Judge's opening instructions regarding what it takes to prove DFR. Lucky sully doesn't enter the picture.

Irrelevant. Read the Judge's opening instructions regarding what it takes to prove DFR. Lucky sully doesn't enter the picture.

Not to go forth too deeply into the personal realm, BUT...what I'd think more "irrelevant" here is an utterly disrespectful, non-pilot (who clearly has NO/ZERO clue) stupidly and arrogantly disparaging Captain Sullenberger via the "Lucky sully" BS.

The west at it's very best once again....

Once more = It'll be ultimately up to the jurors as to what's "irrelevant". I don't know how this will play out, especially having sat on a number of juries myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back