US Pilots' Labor Thread 4/28-5/5--NO PERSONAL REMARKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who trumps whom? NC or AZ?
I'd guess AZ. The NC Magistrate Judge only made a recommendation to the District Court (the undersigned will respectfully recommend), while in AZ the District Judge is running the show.

Then there's the two-part criteria for ripeness plus the different claims in the two cases. Just because USAPA is being sued in both cases doesn't mean that both are identical or satisfy the ripeness standard at the same time.

Jim

CNBC didn't become the company it is by writing or publishing articles laden with errata.

Yet another attempt at blaming others for your woe?

Well if you follow the word trail. I believe AOL put out an update with the original language, the AZ republic reporter picked it up, or was given the copy, and they put an article out, then lo and behold. The CNBC reporter that started the storm a few months ago commenting on the lawsuit (which after her posting, she received alot of emails from both sides commenting on what was going on) Posts the same copy, albeit a few words changed, but the same.

Don't know where I blamed any woe in the posts regarding this, just using common sense, that these reporters didn't do a lot of leg work to drive down to the bottom of both sides arguments and come up with their own assessment of the situation. Basically took copy from side and published.... Easy day work for her.....

Here's the thread for the new week.

For those of you needing a refresher, you may discuss the ISSUES all you want. You may NOT insult attack or call names of POSTERS, INDIVIDUALS or GROUPS.

It's about the issues not the people. And NO FLAME BAIT.

Posts which do not conform to these rules will be deleted without comment, and time off will be granted.

The issue is in court now--nothing anyone says here will affect the outcome... so let's take a deep breath and think before we post......

Thank you.

Do NOT make another post untill you re read this.
Already some of you are choosing not to comply. Posts have been removed and time off has been given starting with 14 days. If you attempt to re register under another screen name we will have no choice but to ban you & we do not want to do this. All you are being asked is to be professional & follow the rules. If you can not do that please do not post untill you can.

They can shutter the operation, legally, if they want. and I would be honored to help.

Bravo.

Sounds pretty selfish to me. Taking a seniority battle within just the pilot group and negatively impacting thousands of jobs that have nothing to do with this squabble.

Posts made after my last warning which still argue the "who bought whom" issue have been deleted. Suspensions are in order.

The rules of this board are very simple. They need to be observed. Compliance is not optional.

I'm sure it's just a simple oversight by the more prolific cheerleaders in PHX....or maybe that this AZcentral article doesn't spin for them...

I'm no legal expert, but I'd have to say advantage, union, on day one. The case is extremely complex for those who haven't followed it, with acronyms and industry lingo galore (USAPA, MEC, CBA, East pilots, West pilots, duty of fair representation, date of hire, etc. etc. etc. etc.) and a timeline stretching back nearly four years, so the potential to confuse the heck out of jurors is huge. From where I was sitting, attorneys for the US Airline Pilots Association presented a more crisp, easy-to-understand outline of the case and why it should prevail.

And if I didn't know anything about the case, the early questioning of the witnesses, two of the six former America West pilots who initiated the lawsuit last fall, certainly didn't scream injustice

Or, maybe the smackdown of the genius Harper who must have forgotten how to properly serve papers to witnesses....

oops

yawn, back to the barbie

It will be interesting to see if Bradford complies with the spirit of the Judges request, or whether he'd rather try his luck with judicial Whack A Mole.

Evading the process speaks volumes abouts USAPA's choice to do what it can rather than what it should.

It will be interesting to see if Bradford complies with the spirit of the Judges request, or whether he'd rather try his luck with judicial Whack A Mole.

Evading the process speaks volumes abouts USAPA's choice to do what it can rather than what it should.

"Evading the process"? Translation: 1) To capitalize on an opponent's blunders. 2) Not necessarily playing out as expected and/or hoped for out west.....

Who knows how it'll all end up? Back to the popcorn popping ;)

hahahahah...ohohohoho...hahahahah! yeah. Oh, I see, you mean in the same manner the West pilots have joined, participated, engaged in their own Union?...that kind of "correct spirit"?
They haven't done anything they weren't forced to, right up to termination hearings with Big Al....

No, Bradford isn't the President, via a nationally advertised election process. The July dates for new officers was never applicable as the initial cadre of officers were for start up purposes only...no term designated...only until a first "election".

AND, he wasn't served properly, as Wake clearly ruled....DENIED.

Meet Mike Cleary...the FIRST only only elected President of your union. He will run for re-elections based on the July language of the C&BL's.

ooops

looks like rain

Luvn, the judge can always "order" testimony if he has grounds. If Bradford was improperly served, he has no obligation to help your side. And if your ace attorneys goofed up, dont cry us a river. BTW, like in taxes, avoidance is legal, "evading" is not. XXXXX

Luvn, the judge can always "order" testimony if he has grounds. If Bradford was improperly served, he has no obligation to help your side. And if your ace attorneys goofed up, dont cry us a river. BTW, like in taxes, avoidance is legal, "evading" is not. XXXXX

So, along that line of thought, has usapa evaded the Nic or avoided it - at least up to this point?

Seems as though evaded is the more correct term. Dum de dum dum.........cuff 'em Dano ! ! !

I don't know how Mr. Bradford or the others could be there. You think the company thinks that using "sick time" is legitimate to make a noncompulsory visit to a court room? Unless, of course, he is on vacation, or just happens to have an 8 day block of time off.

It's the plaintiffs that have to prove their case, not the defendants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back