US Pilots' Labor Thread 4/28-5/5--NO PERSONAL REMARKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt make up quotes that dont exsist.

I was on the IAM M&R Negotiating Committee and was privy to confidential financial info. It was US that suggested the merger and brought the money to it, not HP.

But hey believe what you want, Seabury with John Luth, along with Lakefield did the work and got the financing, not doogie.

Why let the facts get in your way?

And by the way, who is US Air? They changed the name back in 1996, get with the times.

I wouldnt make up quotes that dont exsist.

I was on the IAM M&R Negotiating Committee and was privy to confidential financial info. It was US that suggested the merger and brought the money to it, not HP.

But hey believe what you want, Seabury with John Luth, along with Lakefield did the work and got the financing, not doogie.

Why let the facts get in your way?

And by the way, who is US Air? They changed the name back in 1996, get with the times.

My fictional quote jibes with your version of events.

USAir management went looking for someone to take the airline off of their hands. They were out of ideas, money and time.

You just dont get it, go read the article and the court case and you will be enlightened.

US with Seabury brought the money, not HP and Doogie.

You just dont get it, go read the article and the court case and you will be enlightened.

US with Seabury brought the money, not HP and Doogie.

I get it just fine.

Seabury was tasked with finding a party interested in buying the airline.

America West was identified as the only interested party.

It was a buyer's market. It is less than surprising that the seller's agent (Seabury) did the lion-share of the work to put the financing package together. America West could have walked away to try a merge with someone else on another day. (The financing was completly dependent upon AWA's participation. No AWA, no money and no USAir.) USAir was out of time.

America West thought a merger was the best strategic option. USAir needed to execute a sale immediately, not because it was a sound strategy but because they had no other options, except to liquidate.

GECAS, ATSB and Republic were funding US before the merger, so there was other money out there.

Try Try again!

GECAS, ATSB and Republic were funding US before the merger, so there was other money out there.

Try Try again!

Look at the timelines.

That funding was all predicated on America West merging with AAA. There was very little money available to finance USAir as a stand alone operation, not enough to keep it alive.

ATSB, GECAS, Republic and a few others were financing them through the chapter 11 before the money came in for the merger.

Once again who is US Air? They were not even flying since 1996.

If AWA bought us Airways, then why did the IAMAW lose the Grievance on change of control? If AWA bought us Airways the PBGC would be paying out to EVERY old us Airways employee. So if you AWA guys win, let us know. We would like to collect our retirement while still having to work till 62/65.

OG

If AWA bought us Airways, then why did the IAMAW lose the Grievance on change of control? If AWA bought us Airways the PBGC would be paying out to EVERY old us Airways employee. So if you AWA guys win, let us know. We would like to collect our retirement while still having to work till 62/65.

OG
I could be wrong but doesn't that also apply to the pilots as well!!!

And all of that is why the merger was handled different ways - HP absorbed by US in the corporate structure defeated the change of control language. For accounting purposes it was more beneficial to have HP the acquiring airline. And all of that makes no difference since neither company had the money to buy the other and just doing a stock swap wouldn't have raised any money.

Jim

OK ENOUGH.

NO MORE DISCUSSION ON WHO ACQUIRED WHOM.

It has NOTHING to do with the issue at hand and just perpetuates the divisiveness here.

Next post on who bought whom gets time off for the poster.

CLT excerpt: "On a final note, as the trial begins and the strategies unfold, we must not forget that we are in our opponent’s backyard. This trial is being conducted in Arizona and in the Plaintiffs’ hometown. Be prepared for any contingencies in the lower court proceedings"

So guys, where is the beef?

Here maybe?

Applying Federal Express Corp., supra, and United Independent Flight Officers, Inc., supra,

the Court is persuaded that a DFR claim is ripe, at the earliest, when negotiations between the union and employer have reached a conclusion. 67 F.3d at 964-65; and 756 F2d. at 1273. Accordingly, the undersigned will respectfully recommend that the Defendant’s Motion to Dismiss for lack of subject-matter jurisdiction be granted

So who trumps whom? NC or AZ?

They're already not making trip sheets.
They haven't been doing that for quite a while, ever since the copy machines were removed from the crew rooms.

and, you are truly not serious about your comment, "from the right seat"? Are you kidding? They can shutter the operation, legally, if they want. and I would be honored to help.

CNBC didn't become the company it is by writing or publishing articles laden with errata.

Yet another attempt at blaming others for your woe?
Is this the same company that allowed Rick Santini to rant for several minutes, then had to back off when they realized how pathetically wrong he was? I notice RS hasn't been used for quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back