US Pilots labor thread 4/17-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry V.A. rest assured there's a plan B. It won't work well for you either. DOH will never raise it's ugly head again. You can count on that. Plan B is on a need to know basis. You and the rest of the internet world don't "need to know". Besides. There's less that a 1% chance the 9th is going to touch any of this. Nobody on the West is losing sleep over what the 9th will do.

I think the West pilots need to know.

I am sorry, I could not keep up with your most recent concerns.

Pilot pay

Maybe you can give us all a detailed accounting of how much the difference in longevity has to do with the difference in average annual pay since that chart has nothing to do with international override on Hawaii flying...

Jim

I am suspicious of Parkers numbers. There was no data no specifics of what those numbers mean.

For example there is a flight from CLT-CUN-PHX. The PHX-CUN-PHX was a west flight. Was the CUN-PHX portion accounted for as a west flight shifted east or did they consider this a new flight because it originated in CLT instead of PHX.

Lots of game that can be played with numbers.

As far as new aircraft. When are the 190’s going to show up in PHX? How are those block hours calculated? They are not on the min block hours when does the west get our share of those hours?

We do have an arbitration that gives us one third of those airplanes. Where those considered when Parker said that the west was doing 24% of the east flying. So you see lots of questions by Parker just throwing out a number.

Maybe you can give us all a detailed accounting of how much the difference in longevity has to do with the difference in average annual pay since that chart has nothing to do with international override on Hawaii flying...

Jim

The math is not difficult to understand, using the chart provided. A equals pay, B equals years of A pay. Take A and times it by B, it equals C.

Take the Hawaii international flying and compare it to C .

Now if Johnny has a penny and yells at the other boys with quarters, how much.......,,,,,,,,,,,,????????????

Maybe you don't realize what link you provided. B as you described it is not on the link you provided. The year column in the link you provided is just the year... there is no accumulation listed and the pay is the average of both CA/FO's for that company... not a representation of an individuals pay at a given point in time.

One doesn't need a license to understand that what you posted makes no sense no matter what type of math you use.

I think the West pilots need to know.

Oh, I'm sure you're losing sleep over your perception that the West pilots "need" something. Don't fret. Thank you for your altruism but again, it's need to know. Those who have the ability to pull the next trigger IF it's needed are fully prepared.

I don't see any West pilots demanding to know the answer to your question. Kinda makes you wonder don't it?

Jim

He probably cannot, but I can shed some light.

In 1997 25% of AWA pilots were on first year probation pay.

In 2000, when 1996 hires started upgrading, 20% were on first year pay, and 50% of the entire pilot group had not reached 5 year payscales.

Maybe you don't realize what link you provided. B as you described it is not on the link you provided. The year column in the link you provided is just the year... there is no accumulation listed and the pay is the average of both CA/FO's for that company... not a representation of an individuals pay at a given point in time.

One doesn't need a license to understand that what you posted makes no sense no matter what type of math you use.
Thank you, I will inform MIT of your corrections.

America West Pilots deficit in pilots pay

No offense, but this is a pilots labor thread, I would be wasting my time exchanging ideas with you, since you are a flight attendant from the West side.

No disrespect intended.

A fine example of the supreme arrogance and ingrained sense of entitlement that pulsates from our Eastern coat tail riders.

The math is not difficult to understand, using the chart provided. A equals pay, B equals years of A pay. Take A and times it by B, it equals C.

Take the Hawaii international flying and compare it to C .
None of which says a word about the different longevity of East vs West affecting the average annual pay or international override on Hawaiian flights...so I guess your post was only a "look at how much more we made all those years" taunt.

Jim

Oh, I'm sure you're losing sleep over your perception that the West pilots "need" something. Don't fret. Thank you for your altruism but again, it's need to know. Those who have the ability to pull the next trigger IF it's needed are fully prepared.

I don't see any West pilots demanding to know the answer to your question. Kinda makes you wonder don't it?

The West pilots that are on furlough will never receive back pay or their job back again, but you are asking them to finance the future of the top 200 America West Pilots future. This is a best case scenario.

The bottom fifty percent of the West pilots will lose their jobs in the impending merger or corporate transaction (present employees need not apply).

You are asking badge backing money from pilots that you will not be able to back with a future, a consistent theme with ALPA.

The West pilots that are on furlough will never receive back pay or their job back again, but you are asking them to finance the future of the top 200 America West Pilots future. This is a best case scenario.

The bottom fifty percent of the West pilots will lose their jobs in the impending merger or corporate transaction (present employees need not apply).

You are asking badge backing money from pilots that you will not be able to back with a future, a consistent theme with ALPA.

Right. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you, I will inform MIT of your corrections.

America West Pilots deficit in pilots pay
There's nothing wrong with MIT's calculations nor are there any issues with the information they provided. What's at fault is your use of that info. And your only response is to point out the glory days of old? Where's the current information? Where's the facts that pertain to us TODAY not 10 years ago?

And you consider this an exchange of ideas? Something I can't share with you because I'm a West FA?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back