US Pilots labor thread 4/17-

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I would love the next East poster claiming outrage at the 24% of East routes flown by West Metal to give me the percentage of West routes being flown by East metal.

And where you got the 24% figure from. I'd love to be able to research the percentage myself. It's happening on both sides of the fence. Heck we just lost one of our HI flights. A direct loss of International flying.

Hey slick, Hawaii ain't international!!!!!

VNIIMN
NPJB

What is the West pilots plan b? (of course it should be mentioned, in the unlikely event that the courts do not see it their way).

Hey slick, Hawaii ain't international!!!!!

VNIIMN
NPJB

Hawaii has international work rules, international pay rates and is considered international flying by the company. By the same token, Mexico and Canada are considered domestic.

Suffice to say, to the West, Hawaii is international.

We will update the State Department and Customs on your interpretation of International flying.

Suffice to say, to the West, Hawaii is international.

We will update the State Department and Customs on your interpretation of International flying.

While you are at it, update your union on how woefully inadequate your contract is if it does not pay the east crews international rates when they start flying to HNL. Mahalo muli poki'i.

And I would love the next East poster claiming outrage at the 24% of East routes flown by West Metal to give me the percentage of West routes being flown by East metal.

And where you got the 24% figure from. I'd love to be able to research the percentage myself. It's happening on both sides of the fence. Heck we just lost one of our HI flights. A direct loss of International flying.

And in that same PHX Crew News I believe it is said that the East is only flying about 3 or 4% of what was formerly flown by West metal.

And in that same PHX Crew News I believe it is said that the East is only flying about 3 or 4% of what was formerly flown by West metal.

But how many extra block hours has the East gotten from newly delivered planes since the merger? I know - replacement planes - where does it say in the transition agreement that East gets replacement aircraft but not West?

Jim

There is a difference in routes that were "formerly flown by", and routes that are "would be considered". This is why there is a big disparity in the % numbers, and why Doug kind of trips around the issue when talking about it.

For instance, 5 times dailey PHX-SLC would be considered by all to be "formerly flown by west", as would say 5 times dailey? CLT-MCO be considered "formerly flown by east". And it is most likely both sides are doing around 3-4% of what was "formerly flown by" the other, to enhance aircraft scheduling thru the hubs.

Now PHX-HNL, "would be considered" a west route, but the additional flight was not "formerly flown by" the west, and the east is doing very little of this category of flying. But by the same token SEA-CLT, SAN-CLT etc.. "would be considered" east routes, but the additional flights on these city pair are more numerous and although the east did not fly the frequency they "would be considered" east routes.

So, the west is flying around 20% of its schedule on what "would be considered" east routes, not "formerly flown by east" routes.

I do apologize for my personal comments to Barrister. I've been spanked proper for them and I will endeavor not to take the bait in the future. :)

But as everyone states - HI flights are most definitely International Flying.

Don't worry V.A. rest assured there's a plan B. It won't work well for you either. DOH will never raise it's ugly head again. You can count on that. Plan B is on a need to know basis. You and the rest of the internet world don't "need to know". Besides. There's less that a 1% chance the 9th is going to touch any of this. Nobody on the West is losing sleep over what the 9th will do.

You know the funny thing I see when I read that Veritas... your huge dip in pay averages for 2006 would have meant the West would still be outearning your average were the West still on it's own. But then again if it were on it's own the 2006-2010 boxes would have been ------ for US East.

On a side note, I do apologize for my personal comments to Barrister. I've been spanked proper for them and I will endeavor not to take the bait in the future. :)

But as everyone states - HI flights are most definitely International Flying. There's a reason why it costs just as much to NR to HI as it does to EU.

No offense, but this is a pilots labor thread, I would be wasting my time exchanging ideas with you, since you are a flight attendant from the West side.

No disrespect intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back