US Pilots labor thread 4/17-

Status
Not open for further replies.
One union representing ALL Us Airways pilots...remember? Any deal includes a joint contract and the Nic. If the West enjoys the same "huge" payraise you think you're going to get than so much the better. You will not receive one single, solitary benefit moving fwd. if it is not shared by ALL DUES PAYING MEMBERS. The Company is not dumb enough to start discriminating benefits withing a pilot group. Your first best move to see any benefits for the rest of your career is to drop the lawsuits, accept the Nic. and start negotiating in good faith. I will agree with you on one point, Merging with UAL was probably going to end up a disaster new contract or not. If there is an airline more effed up than US Air it's United.
"The Company is not dumb enough to start discriminating benefits withing a pilot group"

Start discriminating, Where have you been?

The east has a long history of burning the people who have made tough decisions that are in the best interest of the group. I wonder now if there are any leaders left who could quit pandering to the most vocal group and step up and make the right choice. Maybe not.

Probably not.

But thanks for the objective assessment that only one that is removed from the internal drama can provide.

Daddy took the car keys away! Dougie and Scotty are begging for the keys again.

Hate

Are you implying that Doug a Vanderbilt grad, and Scott with degrees from the Air Force Academy and George Washington U., along with their counterparts from UAL, spent a couple months trying to put a deal together, only to find they had to ask permission from Cleary and Mowery? Yeah, that makes sense.

More likely they sent the usapa stooges on a fools errand. Hey Mikey, go see if you can hurry up the 9th, we are all getting tired of your Abott and Costello "who is on first, in seniority" routine. Get back to us when you actually matter.

You east posters still have no idea of the situations you find yourselves in. The total lack of situational awareness absolutely astonishes me.

So much for that CoC dream.
This is exactly what I keep asking. It seems like some on the east still think a merger with UA is in the future, hence their dream of CoC miracles. I just don't get it. If there's no dance partner at the merger party, then their CoC card isn't worth a 50 cent deck of cards.

Not as easy as you think Boeing Boy. This is a very simplistic answer.

Not simplistic at all, though with your misunderstanding of the US/HP merger I can see how you think so. Parker can walk by the CoC language any time he wants as long as he has a willing partner. Parker said a merger would involve changing the CoC language or not trigger that language. He definitely knows something USAPA and people like you haven't figured out yet. As usual, USAPA doesn't look at the big picture but only at immediate gratification and not seeing the ramifications of that big picture has resulted in USAPA being powerless to achieve it's main goal.

Jim

Where did they do this? You are totally full of it. USAPA has admitted nothing about the Nic in this. Pure fabrication. The west spin in the COC is really telling. You guys are out of your league, as is Parker. This is lock solid deal killing language, that is, unless they want to pay up. I am in the top 300, and I love USAPA!
I was in PHL recently and saw a lot of old, downtrodden, grumpy East pilots. Which one was you? Hard to tell.

FYI the rest of the industry looks down upon you guys too. Unfortunately we are painted with the same brush, being associated with you, by simply wearing the uniform. You guys are an embarrassment.

Oh yeah, USAPA is still bound by an injunction to honor the NIC. Keep losing, Usapa, keep losing.

"The Company is not dumb enough to start discriminating benefits withing a pilot group"

Start discriminating, Where have you been?

Post merger after the CoC provision has been theoretically triggered. Try reading the entire post.

And there's the much anticipated 'hard bank to left' from the East court. Now we're on CoC...

And they're out in force too. Never seen so many 'positive' marks on ranting posts before. :)

It's better than watching football! :D
Your kidding about the football comment........right

This is exactly what I keep asking. It seems like some on the east still think a merger with UA is in the future, hence their dream of CoC miracles. I just don't get it. If there's no dance partner at the merger party, then their CoC card isn't worth a 50 cent deck of cards.
Nobody on the East wants anything to do with UAL. Or ALPA. This would be the biggest mistake ever to link up with UAL. Everybody here knows it. UAL might be recovering somewhat, but they tank immediately with every economic downturn. Airtran would be a much better choice.

Post merger after the CoC provision has been theoretically triggered. Try reading the entire post.
Are you implying Doug Parker could pull off a merger? This is the most laughable part of the fairy tale. First he gets dusted off with his Delta dreams, then he believes that he can do UAL. Between CoC provisions and his ineptitude, there is no way.

I was in PHL recently and saw a lot of old, downtrodden, grumpy East pilots. Which one was you? Hard to tell.

FYI the rest of the industry looks down upon you guys too. Unfortunately we are painted with the same brush, being associated with you, by simply wearing the uniform. You guys are an embarrassment.

Oh yeah, USAPA is still bound by an injunction to honor the NIC. Keep losing, Usapa, keep losing.
Did they have that Awatookie Soccer Field Perp look going on? You are right, that is totally embarrassing. Call professional standards.

Firebird, you guys need to get the SPIN JOB done better. You say the East is an embarrassment? Your guy get tagged beating up some poor guy on a soccer field, and we have Sullenberger and Skiles pulling off the greatest save in history. And you "unfortunately get painted with the same brush?" And then Parker and Co. are not smart enough to use the PR generated. Unbelievable. This is why we are all in this mess. Then a west new hire gets to go on top of Skiles. This sits real well with us, and the general public. This Nic is the biggest mess ever contrived. Unless you guys propose a better solution, this deal will never merge. and I am talking the U AWA one, the one that is still not done. Talk to Leonides before you try to spin cycle this again. It was not good.

Freebird,

You can think of those old, downtrodden, grumpy East pilots all you want. Most of us are well seasoned old gentlemen. Each and every one of us earned our way on the east side of this dirt bag outfit. We will never allow some young boys and girls from out west to ever steal anything from us. We don't care what you think of us. I told you Daddy took the car keys away. We control you with our votes. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride young boy.

Hate

Nobody on the East wants anything to do with UAL. Or ALPA. This would be the biggest mistake ever to link up with UAL. Everybody here knows it. UAL might be recovering somewhat, but they tank immediately with every economic downturn. Airtran would be a much better choice.
Funny! That sounds very much like the west when we found out we were being thrown in with east pilots.

No one wants anything to do with east pilots. Everyone knows that u saw BK twice and was head for the trash can. Anything or nothing would have been better than hooking up with the east.

But here we are.

Firebird, you guys need to get the SPIN JOB done better. You say the East is an embarrassment? Your guy get tagged beating up some poor guy on a soccer field, and we have Sullenberger and Skiles pulling off the greatest save in history. And you "unfortunately get painted with the same brush?" And then Parker and Co. are not smart enough to use the PR generated. Unbelievable. This is why we are all in this mess. Then a west new hire gets to go on top of Skiles. This sits real well with us, and the general public. This Nic is the biggest mess ever contrived. Unless you guys propose a better solution, this deal will never merge. and I am talking the U AWA one, the one that is still not done. Talk to Leonides before you try to spin cycle this again. It was not good.

Luv,

The West certainly has the misfortune of having one of its members commiting an assault, however, it is an isolated incident similar to the east's group having members involved in property dispute gun fights and murder suspects caught falsifying paternity test etc. You really do not have an "ace", that would require you shoot 4 more airplanes, but I digress.

Flight 1549 certainly was a "great save" as you post. The first NTSB public hearing is scheduled for next week, May 4th. I think it would have been completely misplaced if the company exploited the PR any more than the amount they did. Skiles did not go below a new hire, he went below those that had more seniority than he did, in the same fashion that Sully went above all those with less seniority than he had, which by the way was the entire West list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back