US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but if the company was smart they would have set up the Kirby Proposal that pay rates would have been based on LOS and not equipment. It would improve on the west vacation & reserve policy , it would have maintained red flag trips at time & a half. Now that I think about it, it isn't the east's fault that there isn't a contract that we all can agree upon (even with the Nic) it's managements. Trust me when the company wants a contract (even with the Nic) if they throw enough our way they will get it. The Kirby Proposal as is isn't it though. The Nic is a huge pill for the East to swallow; till the company starts seriously negotiating I am very happy with separate operations. The company is playing both of us. They don't want a contract and instead of blaming them we are blaming each other. It looks like the East has reached the tipping point; are you gentlemen & ladies in the West going to join us or let the company keep playing this strategy?

Sad

Sad,

Very well stated.

Regards,

Bob

You know I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but if the company was smart they would have set up the Kirby Proposal that pay rates would have been based on LOS and not equipment. It would improve on the west vacation & reserve policy , it would have maintained red flag trips at time & a half. Now that I think about it, it isn't the east's fault that there isn't a contract that we all can agree upon (even with the Nic) it's managements. Trust me when the company wants a contract (even with the Nic) if they throw enough our way they will get it. The Kirby Proposal as is isn't it though. The Nic is a huge pill for the East to swallow; till the company starts seriously negotiating I am very happy with separate operations. The company is playing both of us. They don't want a contract and instead of blaming them we are blaming each other. It looks like the East has reached the tipping point; are you gentlemen & ladies in the West going to join us or let the company keep playing this strategy?

Sad
No, it's USAPA's job to negotiate. They have chosen to abandon unity and their bizarre behavior makes them irrelevant.

Changing unions would definitely get the company's attention and prove that the pilots are unwilling to stand on the sidelines while Cleary etc. play a children's game version of union.

The west has many years experience dealing with this and previous management, but they have been marginalized by USAPA leadership. Parker will not throw money at labor to solve the problem. Never has, never will.

"Kirby" will be a very small step forward, but in order to go forward every step will be small, but quick. It's time to realize that as testosterone-satisfying as it might be to make a giant leap and defeat management, that will never happen. But the pilot group can be lead forward. But not by anyone in the current front-office of USAPA.

Who's up for moving forward?

I see a lot of inconsistency in today's posts. First I’m identified as a “management type” and then it’s claimed that I don’t know what I’m talking about ...

Uh... what's the problem? (You do know that management often claims ignorance when the employees point out the obvious?)

No, it's USAPA's job to negotiate. They have chosen to abandon unity and their bizarre behavior makes them irrelevant.

Changing unions would definitely get the company's attention and prove that the pilots are unwilling to stand on the sidelines while Cleary etc. play a children's game version of union.

The west has many years experience dealing with this and previous management, but they have been marginalized by USAPA leadership. Parker will not throw money at labor to solve the problem. Never has, never will.

"Kirby" will be a very small step forward, but in order to go forward every step will be small, but quick. It's time to realize that as testosterone-satisfying as it might be to make a giant leap and defeat management, that will never happen. But the pilot group can be lead forward. But not by anyone in the current front-office of USAPA.

Ok... Sounds like another "When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor Speech." Can you send me that in a pretty brochure. I'll get back to you soon on my donation. Promise.

Removed, waste of time.

Sad

glad you are satisfied and I am as well.
upgrades will equal the pay raises on the EAST... 40 % pay raise coming to many on the EAST soon.

keep the donations coming.

Deal...

I'll keep donating to protect my career.

You go ahead keep hope alive. :lol:

ummm......sounds like someone wants their old ALPA committee job back. just wondering.

Well, while things are quiet on the board, I will throw this out there....

My 14 yr old daughter has Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac disease. She is very involved with one of the leading research institutes in the US, giving blood about 6 times each year, along with participating in various new studies, trying to find a cure for Diabetes. Needless to say, I am very proud of her.

She has signed up to be a captain of a team for a fund raising bike ride in August to help raise funds for research for the American Diabetes Association.

I contacted USAir management about donations to her cause......of course, the answer was that they only contribute to certain tax category charities and this is not one of them. (why am I not suprised)

I am very happy to say that about 80 International pilots in Philly have donated over $6000 to her cause, which, to her, is a daily battle against this disease. It's the first time we have undertaken this kind of fund raiser, and I must say that it is humbling to see this kind of response.

I am sure that all people have a heart and that if this event had come to the attention of the West pilots, there would have been great donations from that side too.

The bottom line is that we are all human beings.....we all have our little battles in life that we are fighting, regardless of USAir management, USAPA, ALPA, Leondias, and all the lawsuits. Folks, it's unfortunate that we have painted ourselves into different corners....to the point that it's out of our control.

Good luck to each of you in your daily battles. :)

Breeze

Breeze,say no more. My son is Type I. Diagnosed at age 15 months. He's turning 10 this summer and he's been on the pump for 6 years. No one knows agony until you see your own flesh and blood lying in pediatric intensive care. At least we got out of there after a few days. Many others weren't so fortunate.

Breeze,say no more. My son is Type I. Diagnosed at age 15 months. He's turning 10 this summer and he's been on the pump for 6 years. No one knows agony until you see your own flesh and blood lying in pediatric intensive care. At least we got out of there after a few days. Many others weren't so fortunate.

I know how you feel...been to the ER a couple of times over the years myself.....once after a diabetic seizure in which my daughter was literally dying in my arms at 4 am.

I guess my point is....this is just a freakin job, once you learn what is important in life.

Hang in there, pal.

thx for the response.

Well, with my son surviving cancer, it all comes down to there have been and continues to be more important battles to fight. I have chosen my battles that matter to me and this stupid dog and pony trick is not one of them.

I know how you feel...been to the ER a couple of times over the years myself.....once after a diabetic seizure in which my daughter was literally dying in my arms at 4 am.

I guess my point is....this is just a freakin job, once you learn what is important in life.

Hang in there, pal.

thx for the response.

Praise that we haven't had a seizure yet. I know the feeling of total helplessness. I think it's hardest on the moms. Of course, the one close call we had I was in freaking MEX. My wife tested our son early in the morning and he was 27 and not really responsive. She called 911 but was able to get enough juice into him without using the glucogon gun.

It's a freaking job. You are so right about that.

God how I wish I could take it from him. Blessings to your daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back