US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah and 767 CAPT ED Campbell is number 39 on the list.... I'm sure he has been a Captain for a long long time....
I'd love to compare earnings....

I hope the FO's who fly with him let him know what they thing of his recall...

Enough said.

Yeah, and he should have been junior to the West's Cambell, who was #11, but is now over 500 junior to Ed.

I'm going to try and explain how most of the east guys I know think.

The east is reacting out of fear rather than reason. USAPA leadership has chosen to fill the east with visions of a west-pilot invasion absorbing every vacancy and that simply isn't rational. USAPA's duty is to unify both sides, but they know that moderation is like pouring water on the Wicked Witch. Their tactics are unproductive and not worth anyone's 2%+.

During open negotiations and mediation each side can reject the proposals of the other and proffer their own, but once it goes to arbitration both sides give up that control and must abide by the arbitrators decision regardless of whether they consider it fair or not. The union representing the pilots is responsible for implementing that arbitration and not simply choosing sides so that their majority can re-define what "fair" is.

If that union cannot or will not, it must be replaced with one that can.

The east is reacting out of fear rather than reason. USAPA leadership has chosen to fill the east with visions of a west-pilot invasion absorbing every vacancy and that simply isn't rational. USAPA's duty is to unify both sides, but they know that moderation is like pouring water on the Wicked Witch. Their tactics are unproductive and not worth anyone's 2%+.

During open negotiations and mediation each side can reject the proposals of the other and proffer their own, but once it goes to arbitration both sides give up that control and must abide by the arbitrators decision regardless of whether they consider it fair or not. The union representing the pilots is responsible for implementing that arbitration and not simply choosing sides so that their majority can re-define what "fair" is.

Are you an east pilot or west pilot?

IT WAS!

You make a very good point here.

Using the Nicolau list every opening has 2 east pilots for every 1 west pilot. If there are 100 upgrades 66 of them go to east pilots. How is it that we are going to come flooding out east and take all the spots?

You make a very good point here.

Using the Nicolau list every opening has 2 east pilots for every 1 west pilot. If there are 100 upgrades 66 of them go to east pilots. How is it that we are going to come flooding out east and take all the spots?

What about when "the union that can" signs and inferior contract to get the Nic in place, PHX is closed and the airline if further shrunk? How would it work then?

What about when "the union that can" signs and inferior contract to get the Nic in place, PHX is closed and the airline if further shrunk? How would it work then?
usapa is working on an inferior contract with or without the Nicolau. If PHX is shrunk how are those joke of C&R going to protect anyone in PHX when if we are forced out of here?

I guess in your world if PHX is shrunk our captains should be furloughed while your former furloughed guys should stay.

I guess in your world if PHX is shrunk our captains should be furloughed while your former furloughed guys should stay.

Did I say that? In your world I guess you think that the guy that is not, and never has been a captain should take my captain seat in my base. I guess you do, cause that's pretty much how Nic saw it.

I wish the west would get it's story straight. Which is the NAC trying to do, ask for to much in order to delay a contract and the certain Nic, or getting an inferior contract? The claims are all over the map.

Did I say that? In your world I guess you think that the guy that is not, and never has been a captain should take my captain seat in my base. I guess you do, cause that's pretty much how Nic saw it.

I wish the west would get it's story straight. Which is the NAC trying to do, ask for to much in order to delay a contract and the certain Nic, or getting an inferior contract? The claims are all over the map.
Contracts are not all about money. Work rules. Yes in some areas the west contract is better. The NAC is giving away the good parts of our contract. What is an improvement for you is inferior to us.

If you are sitting in the captain seat how is a west pilot going to take it away from you?????? Could it be you are an F/O holding up everything in a selfish attempt to gain something from the west?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back