US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has nothing to do with Leonidas you moron! Read the friggin statutes. The company is charged with protection and maintenance of privacy data. Once a person is in receipt of that information, by law they cannot misuse it and it must be protected. Best way to do that is to return to the company that which they gave you. That's EXACTLY what happened here. The company is jumping through their a$$es because it's their a$$ on the line, not the West or Leonidas.

Really? Why did a west company pilot provide any data obtained without permission from upper management to release this information to AOL?... and more importantly I never gave permission for anyone to release my sensitive data (social security number) to ANYONE. AOL is at the root of this... if it had not been requested by AOL, this would not have occurred...

It has nothing to do with Leonidas you moron! Read the friggin statutes. The company is charged with protection and maintenance of privacy data. Once a person is in receipt of that information, by law they cannot misuse it and it must be protected. Best way to do that is to return to the company that which they gave you. That's EXACTLY what happened here. The company is jumping through their a$$es because it's their a$$ on the line, not the West or Leonidas.
Did you give it back immediately? Are you trying to tell us that two west pilots DID NOT KNOW the receipt of this data was a direct violation of corporate policy? Everybody knows a list of addresses, coming from a chief pilot is COMPANY MATERIAL. They knew it also. They also knew they could not obtain this same list without inside company assistance. They never should have laid hands on it. The fact they took it makes them violators. You say the release was INADVERTANT! Nothing could be more of a lie.This was no inadvertant leak, a mistake. This was asked for, and delivered. All parties involved knew exactly the implications of dealing with this material. You guys are going to get crushed over this.

No spin. The way the law reads, it's the company with the burden to protect data. When they inadvertently release data, which is not what happened technically because it was encrypted and never touched, but in any case prudence calls for self disclosing and bringing in the authorities. It's quite a fire drill for the company, but I'm sure they'll manage. Leonidas will sail through it just as the first time.

Then, where does that leave USAPA and the angry F/Os? LOA93 and having bit the hand which was so generous to them up until now.
Keep the spin coming , That's what you do best Butch, you also need to change it to the "angry pilots" not just F/Os. Yea, we know all about LOA93 try to come up with something fresh for a change. P.S. To me something that was suppose to be protected and was I'm sure, that fell into the wrong hands to me was STOLEN!!!

Really? Why did a west company pilot provide any data obtained without permission from upper management to release this information to AOL?... and more importantly I never gave permission for anyone to release my sensitive data (social security number) to ANYONE. AOL is at the root of this... if it had not been requested by AOL, this would not have occurred...
This is where the half baked legal squad gets these guys in over their heads. My advice to Leonidas-YOU BETTER GET A COMPETENT CRIMINAL ATTORNEY FAST!!!

Hey Charlie, what do you think corporate travel offices, Chairmans' Preferred, Gold, and on and on are going to think when they read a low level office guy with the help of an IT crony accessed and put on disc Social Security numbers of an airline they travel on and entrust sensitive personal information to? Think they might be thinking their data might have been compromised also? Of course you don't.

The USAToday ad was one incredibly stupid thing for usapa to do, and the company kept a cool head and let it blow over because they knew the general public would read it and see it for all it was, a lame attempt of a pseudo-union making noise.

Go right ahead and contact some of the company's best customers directly. Lets see where that gets ya!!!

No spin. The way the law reads, it's the company with the burden to protect data. When they inadvertently release data, which is not what happened technically because it was encrypted and never touched, but in any case prudence calls for self disclosing and bringing in the authorities. It's quite a fire drill for the company, but I'm sure they'll manage. Leonidas will sail through it just as the first time.

Then, where does that leave USAPA and the angry F/Os? LOA93 and having bit the hand which was so generous to them up until now.
Your argument has massive leaks. The first BIG evasive statement "when they INADVERTANLY release data...... There was absolutley no INADVERTANT release. Give me a break. It was requested, and given. There is NOTHING inadvertant about that. Secondly,this was NOT the company giving out data. This was an individual pilot acting on his own working with a third outside party staffed by knowing employees .Don't even begin to blame the company for some rogue employee acting out of policy. Here is how it really goes down versus your fantasy- Example: a rogue/dishonest FBI agent releases classified information from sensitive and secure FBI files to a foreign agent, say a Russian. The Russian takes possession of the sensitive data he never should have, nobody should have. Your argument absolves the Russian of any wrongdoing. Your argument says he gets off absolutely free. So you are now trying to tell us that 2 pilots, working in Leonidas, who KNOW they have no business possessing the company address data, are absolved? I say they are in serious trouble.

The USAToday ad was one incredibly stupid thing for usapa to do, and the company kept a cool head and let it blow over because they knew the general public would read it and see it for all it was, a lame attempt of a pseudo-union making noise.

Go right ahead and contact some of the company's best customers directly. Lets see where that gets ya!!!
Has nothing to do with their travel information, their billing information, their ADDRESSES, their SPOUSES NAMES. You have no idea of the trouble these guys are now in. There is more coming, I guarantee. Farther up the IT chain.

You say the info was given back to the company. The problem is no one knows who has that info now that it was leaked. How about that guy at the crew news session that turned to the camera with a quivering lip and said we hate you guys. How about fodase who asked how much a SS# goes for on the street these days. How about the perv on the east taking pics of little girls. That's the real problem here. We don't know who has our personal info on a laptop or thumb drive somewhere. Our SS#s never expire. We could find out 10 years from now that some illegal alien in Phoenix has stolen our id or that someone is getting credit cards issued under east pilot' identities.

The fact that anyone is turning this into an east vs west thing baffles me. I don't know squat about the laws on this stuff so I can't even guess as to what kind of trouble AOL is in. But the company, USAirways has got to be in some deep doo doo for leaking this personal info out.

Exactly correct.

usapa has nothing on AOL here, but like all things usapa, they turn it into an issue regarding their attempted seniority theft. Exhibit A: Mowery's letter stating just how important fighting to steal the West's seniority is to usapa.

As to the depth of doo doo that the company is in, legally it is probably about ankle deep, however the usapians (an organization with absolutle zero situational awarness) thinks they have the company swimming in doo doo.

Is it any wonder why you're on LOA93? This is comical. Keep yelling fire in the theater fellas. You're still the lowest paid and time is ticking away in the remainder of your flying careers.

Just for the sake of accuracy, there are 408 Captains and F/O's on the East May-2011 75/76 bid, that are paid more than their counterparts on the West, not to mention the 368 pilots who fly the 330.

Please stop referring to East pilots as the "lowest paid" in the industry. In the case of the 75/76, that "distinction" goes to the West.

seajay

Exactly correct.

usapa has nothing on AOL here, but like all things usapa, they turn it into an issue regarding their attempted seniority theft. Exhibit A: Mowery's letter stating just how important fighting to steal the West's seniority is to usapa.

As to the depth of doo doo that the company is in, legally it is probably about ankle deep, however the usapians (an organization with absolutle zero situational awarness) thinks they have the company swimming in doo doo.
The show just keeps getting better. LOA93 plus Cactus gate reality of nothing there is going to make for one massive splatt of Angry F/O ego.

Just for the sake of accuracy, there are 408 Captains and F/O's on the East May-2011 75/76 bid, that are paid more than their counterparts on the West, not to mention the 368 pilots who fly the 330.

Please stop referring to East pilots as the "lowest paid" in the industry. In the case of the 75/76, that "distinction" goes to the West.

seajay
Compare W2s. Two years ago I did an all nighter into CLT and waiting outside for the van was a 767 capt. My capt and the 76 capt compared W2s, and my capt had him beat by five grand. Both flew regular lines, but the difference in the West is that 70 block hours will easily morph into 80+ hours of credit. Heck, your average F/O on the West makes 100k plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back