US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
1012 698 ANDERSON, JOE 11/30/04 7/14/1978 CA E170 RAH
1013 2 Haegele,Edward S 4/23/84 7/25/1951 CA 717 Midwest
1014 699 MOORE, CHRISTOPHER 11/30/04 7/15/1978 CA E170 RAH

Well it will be interesting to watch how another group handles a 20 year difference in DOH. Will the Midwest guys accept their agreements or will the lack integrity and cry like little girls? Will they call Seham to get them out of the deal they made?

Oh the shock an older pilot placed behind or next to a younger pilot.

This was not ALPA merger policy this was A/M merger policy. Can we put the discussion to bed now that A/M demands DOH? So much for that gold standard usapa has been trying to sell.

Did another arbitrator get it wrong just like the DAL arbitrator or Nicolau, could it be that the east pilots are the only ones that have gotten it wrong?

Heard an interesting rumor last week while at work. Involved a merger with the west operation and jetblue and or virgin america hooking up and the east operation and hawaiian hooking up. Sounded interesting and thought I would post it and see if anyone else is hearing anything regarding this????

I heard a similar one at the CLT schoolhouse a week and a half ago. I think with the check airman required to come into the office to log face time, they spend their time trying to top pone another with outrageously ridiculous rumors. Seems this, and other, crap almost always comes out of the school house.

1012 698 ANDERSON, JOE 11/30/04 7/14/1978 CA E170 RAH
1013 2 Haegele,Edward S 4/23/84 7/25/1951 CA 717 Midwest
1014 699 MOORE, CHRISTOPHER 11/30/04 7/15/1978 CA E170 RAH

Well it will be interesting to watch how another group handles a 20 year difference in DOH. Will the Midwest guys accept their agreements or will the lack integrity and cry like little girls? Will they call Seham to get them out of the deal they made?

Oh the shock an older pilot placed behind or next to a younger pilot.

This was not ALPA merger policy this was A/M merger policy. Can we put the discussion to bed now that A/M demands DOH? So much for that gold standard usapa has been trying to sell.

Did another arbitrator get it wrong just like the DAL arbitrator or Nicolau, could it be that the east pilots are the only ones that have gotten it wrong?

Do you think this is a good thing? Really?

Wrong. Loss 4th quarter 2004, small profit 1st quarter '05 only because of fuel hedging, loss 2nd quarter '05. ATSB loan, new aircraft coming with no real place to put them with oil rising and AWA 's low margins. Failed trans-con expansion, LAS going down the tubes as fuel was going up. Watch the video again. Watch where Parker says that major airlines getting their costs down to AWA's historic low levels( I told you guys you were the template) was the DEATH KNELL for AWA and that rising fuel costs would have ACCELERATED THAT. You are right Nic had all he needed, he just got it wrong.

Wow! You're really good at pulling facts from deep inside your ass.

When you're that far down the food chain, it would not have taken much. A good bingo night at St. Rosalie's would have done it.

Before the east came along the AWA pilot group were a pretty happy bunch. That's more than I can say for you miserable bastards.

Funny a Clown speaking of FACTS. It is well known that in clown college FACTS and Fantasies are interchangeable. BTW I know that guy in the video, I would love to see one of you Clowns try to make him laugh.
OOOOOOOH....I'm so scared.....quit using my clown college lines,I'm saving them for trader and nic2nic. and get a haircut boy.

So I guess since he said no on the crew news then its not going to happen. Come on, you ought to know better by now! Just like back in August when they emphatically said no recalls in 2010 and guess what??? A month later we are recalling. I don't believe a word that these cats say!

If we want a merger you guys better read this

In case you haven't figured it out yet, PHL and DCA are in bed with PHX and working with a group of Mike Cleary haters to unseat Cleary and replace him with EVP Gary Hummel. If this happens you can kiss your seniority goodbye and thank Dave Ciabattoni, Gary Hummel, Mark King, Woody Menear, Rob Streble, and Eric Rowe along with their unlikely buddies from the Army of Leonidas for it (and PHL and DCA Reps.)

A cog in the machinery of this plan was revealed to you with a betrayal of your trust when on February 19th, PHL and DCA published a joint update wrought with harsh public criticism of the man in charge of defending your seniority, President Mike Cleary. If you are not outraged by the action of PHL/DCA you should check your pulse because you are about to have the knife twisted in your back by the Reps. from these two domiciles. Rest assured that their take on what has been going on behind the scenes in their update is far from accurate. The process of unseating Cleary has been slow and methodical and this is just the latest blow to the nail in the coffin of your career courtesy of the out going PHL reps and DCA.

Here is another tidbit of betrayal by the PHL/DCA Reps. you have never heard before:

At 1900 on January 20th, there was an “Informal” conference call conducted by some members of the BPR. The request for the call was sent out January 19th by PHL Chairman Doug Burke presumably at the behest of Eric Ferguson and was quickly supported by all PHX, PHL, and DCA Representatives. CLT Representatives objected to the meeting because it was in violation of the Union Operating Manual's requirement to notify the membership of any call as well as the planned subject matter of such 48 hours in advance. No Officers were invited to participate and no minutes were taken and you will not find any record of the proceedings on the USAPA website. In short, the meeting never happened - it was behind closed doors, sound familiar?

The topic of discussion on the conference call was how to teach the USAPA President a lesson with regard to an email he had recently sent out that some members of the BPR took exception to. The action taken at the conference call - which is also a violation of the Union Operating Manual because no action is allowed to be taken at an information only conference call - was to task PHX Vice Chairman Eric Ferguson (the founder of Army of Leonidas) to write a letter of censure against the President to be signed by willing BPR members and emailed to the membership. Unbelievably, during debate it was the PHX Vice Chairman who spoke against such a public censure and DCA and PHL Vice Chairmen Pete Dugstad and John Dubarry who insisted that the letter be sent. At the end of debate, Dugstad and Dubarry prevailed and the letter was drafted by Ferguson but in the following days and after much emotional lobbying behind the scenes by certain members of USAPA, it did not see the light of day. However, on February 19th DCA/PHL published their own version of this devastating piece of gossip as their "joint update" you have probably seen.

If you think these actions are treacherous, you are correct. If you think that toppling Mike Cleary and replacing him with Gary Hummel (who will win with 1700 west votes right out of the gate) is the road to protect your contract aspirations and your seniority, you are sorely mistaken. There are two goals here...get a contract, and fix the seniority mess and we cannot accomplish either if every minute of every day of our Reps. and our Officers time is taken up with this nonsense. You, the line pilots must, and can make it stop. Let your DCA and PHL Reps. know that you are outraged and tell them to cease and desist. The PHL Reps. have just over one month left in their terms and this is their parting shot? - their legacy? Surely they can bridle their near sided urges for that long. And the DCA Reps? Well, that's another story. They are barely into their terms and they have betrayed you harshly so some brainstorming will need to be done to fix that problem.

Is there hope in the future? Yes. On April 1st three new PHL Reps. take office and two of them, Steve Szpyrka and either Mike Gillies or Brian Pflanzer (runoff) are committed to work in steadfast dedication with those who are focused on a contract with a fix to the seniority issue. That will greatly change the make-up of the BPR and hopefully help end this destructive behavior. Even if you have questions about the fitness of our leadership it should be clear that the forward looking decisions of the BPR should be made by those who will be charged to manage the outcome of those decisions - the incoming reps, not those who see their impending departure as an excuse to recklessly fire fatal shots with a perceived lack of accountability.

Call everyone you know now. Tell them to send a strong message to the BPR that this nonsense will not be tolerated and that they, all of them, will be held accountable.

If we want a merger you guys better read this

In case you haven't figured it out yet, PHL and DCA are in bed with PHX and working with a group of Mike Cleary haters to unseat Cleary and replace him with EVP Gary Hummel. If this happens you can kiss your seniority goodbye and thank Dave Ciabattoni, Gary Hummel, Mark King, Woody Menear, Rob Streble, and Eric Rowe along with their unlikely buddies from the Army of Leonidas for it (and PHL and DCA Reps.)

Another unsigned rant. It appears that usapa has not changed the behavior of east pilots. Attack your own boys the show is getting good.

Yes. On April 1st three new PHL Reps. take office and two of them, Steve Szpyrka and either Mike Gillies or Brian Pflanzer (runoff) are committed to work in steadfast dedication with those who are focused on a contract with a fix to the seniority issue.
Fix seniority? You guys keep telling us that seniority is fixed The Nic is dead. Maybe it is not so dead after all if you need to elect certain guys and Cleary is the only on ethat can deliver it. How is it that the DCA and PHL guys can sell you out if as usapa tells the press seniority is settled?

Could it be that usapa fibbed? AGAIN!!! Why the panic and desperation in this unsigned letter?

OOOOOOOH....I'm so scared.....quit using my clown college lines,I'm saving them for trader and nic2nic. and get a haircut boy.
Hey Clown, why don't you tell me what the first Allegheny/Mohawk integration in 30 years looks like, is doh the gold standard or slotting? Dial up the clown college pronto for something smart to say.

Really? Then why all the ALPA bashing when we talk about the concessions and LOA93? Why not say "doesn't matter how we got LOA93 since it's an investment."

You guys talk out of both sides of your mouth to suit the argument of the day. That is a fact! If you believe it is an investment in this mess, then give ALPA credit. Or bash ALPA all you want and cry me a river about LOA93, but stop calling it an investment. I couldn't care less, but pick one and stick to it for a change.

I have not talked out of both sides of my mouth. It is my money that is included in this INVESTMENT, even though I voted against it, and had quit paying ALPA dues long before the Nic came out.....mainly over pension termination.

Like I said, it doesn't matter how it got there, it's money that we gave up and brought to the table. Call it an investment.....a screwin', or whatever you want.....it's still our monies on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back