US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there ANY timeline under Alpa merger policy (which you agreed to) to get to a Vote?

Yes or no will suffice.

Nope, but I believe ALPA National would have stepped in and put the East into receivership, cram down the POS Kirby Proposal and use the standard "live to fight another day" adage, while all the other Major ALPA Player's, DAL/NWA/UAL/CAL get better CBA's. So we would be stuck with the Kirby POS for another 5 years from now, LMAO......ALPA National was only concerned about the dues revenue, blindsided when we booted them.

Is there ANY timeline under Alpa merger policy (which you agreed to) to get to a Vote?

Yes or no will suffice.

There is no timeline under ALPA merger policy to get to a vote. There are also no stipulations calling for special Rice committees, exploring representational alternatives, or any other form of how can the east renege on their contracts and obligations in ALPA merger policy (which we agreed to).

No matter, damages started to accrue in August 2008. You won't find that in the ALPA merger policy, but it is going to stick.

Is this the first time the east has tried to weasel out of an agreement?

Yes or No will suffice.

Wrong, that was only one way. Read Attactment B, of the Restructuring Agreement. Then review the MDA lawsuit. No matter how Judge Silver rules, this won't be over anytime soon.
How many MDA pilots 'elected' to go there? I'm talking about AAA pilots, that had not been furloughed? How many? MDA was created and staffed with furloughed pilots. Your interpretation is off cue, as usual.

USAPA = Basking in the glory of low pay. At least our taxes are lower too !!!

USAPA = We have shame in our game. (It's Friday, you get two.)

No disconnect. You are free to vote no as many times as you like to a Nic inclusive tenative agreement.

What is the West not honoring?

NOTHING ! They voted against equal pay for equal work and NOW advocating being Scabs. Its on the crew room visit.

Shame on those Scabs !
The West is honoring the Original agreement. None of this other crap would be necessary if you'd honor your end of the agreement. You'd have equal pay too. Them's the facts.

USAPA = Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk....Hey Moe!

Nope, but I believe ALPA National would have stepped in and put the East into receivership, cram down the POS Kirby Proposal and use the standard "live to fight another day" adage, while all the other Major ALPA Player's, DAL/NWA/UAL/CAL get better CBA's. So we would be stuck with the Kirby POS for another 5 years from now, LMAO......ALPA National was only concerned about the dues revenue, blindsided when we booted them.

DEAD ON THE MONEY FOR YOU WITH SHORT MEMORIES!!!!!!!

NICDOA
NPJB

america west pilots received more alpa dues provided money than Usairways Pilots in 2006, but at least Usairways Pilots received more money than George Nicolau that year.

ALPA MONEY 2006

My biggest concern with USAPA's approach to the pilot seniority integration is for long-term viability of the business franchise, which I believe is being placed into jeopardy by USAPA. For years-and-years East-coast based employees have lived on the edge because US Airways was too small to compete with larger legacy carriers and not nimble enough to compete with low cost carriers like Southwest, JetBlue, and AirTran.

With the successful merger of DAL/NWA and UAL/CAL; along with the pending corporate combination between SWA/AT, US Airways is once again caught in the middle of top-tier legacy companies and strong low cost carriers.

With US Airways' revenue disadvantage management will be under extreme pressure to keep costs low to permit the company to close the financial gap with US Airways' competitors. 2010 was a good year for US Airways and the company built its cash reserves and paid down some debt, which in the short-term will help US Airways survive a negative catastrophic macro-economic event. However, US Airways could be one industry shock event or volatile energy price change away from entering bankruptcy again if the industry collapses.

How ironic it would be for USAPA and its supporters to continue their efforts that prevents US Airways from merging with UAL, DAL, or AA and USAPA's supporters and 32,000 US Airways' professionals lose their job because a shock event occurred during this fight before US Airways can merge.

All of this risk for a couple of years upgrade delay for some of US Airways' East Coast-based F/Os.

For those that believe USAPA is not risking 32,000 US Airways jobs because the carrier likely cannot merge to create career job security can you tell me why the union told the 9th Circut Court:

1. Continued corporate and labor negotiations for a merger are impeded by uncertainty regarding labor integration issues.

2. This has been identified as one of the principal obstacles to a major corporate merger.

3. A present emergency results from the fact that the pending injunction will prevent a corporate merger that would create an airline capable of competing with the recent Delta/Northwest. If the pilot seniority integration problem is not immediately solved this will thwart economic benefits (of the merger) and preservation of jobs that might accrue to the corporations and employees, including Appellees.

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

My biggest concern with USAPA's approach to the pilot seniority integration is for long-term viability of the business franchise, which I believe is being placed into jeopardy by USAPA. For years-and-years East-coast based employees have lived on the edge because US Airways was too small to compete with larger legacy carriers and not nimble enough to compete with low cost carriers like Southwest, JetBlue, and AirTran.

With the successful merger of DAL/NWA and UAL/CAL; along with the pending corporate combination between SWA/AT, US Airways is once again caught in the middle of top-tier legacy companies and strong low cost carriers.

With US Airways' revenue disadvantage management will be under extreme pressure to keep costs low to permit the company to close the financial gap with US Airways' competitors. 2010 was a good year for US Airways and the company built its cash reserves and paid down some debt, which in the short-term will help US Airways survive a negative catastrophic macro-economic event. However, US Airways could be one industry shock event or volatile energy price change away from entering bankruptcy again if the industry collapses.

How ironic it would be for USAPA and its supporters to continue their efforts that prevents US Airways from merging with UAL, DAL, or AA and USAPA's supporters and 32,000 US Airways' professionals lose their job because a shock event occurred during this fight before US Airways can merge.

All of this risk for a couple of years upgrade delay for some of US Airways' East Coast-based F/Os.

For those that believe USAPA is not risking 32,000 US Airways jobs because the carrier likely cannot merge to create career job security can you tell me why the union told the 9th Circut Court:

1. Continued corporate and labor negotiations for a merger are impeded by uncertainty regarding labor integration issues.

2. This has been identified as one of the principal obstacles to a major corporate merger.

3. A present emergency results from the fact that the pending injunction will prevent a corporate merger that would create an airline capable of competing with the recent Delta/Northwest. If the pilot seniority integration problem is not immediately solved this will thwart economic benefits (of the merger) and preservation of jobs that might accrue to the corporations and employees, including Appellees.

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

At least you started off with the premise that we should just live to fight another day. I was starting to fear you had changed. Its nice when some things never change! :lol:

USAPA, responsible for the" long-term viability of this business franchise." ? Next thing ya know some moron will blame USAPA for the F/A's breaking off negotiations MM!

How does one become a MidAtlantic pilot? Furlough.

How is it that AAA MEC couldnt come up with a 'valid' list in the allotted time? perhaps, they gave a tainted list to be able to complain if they didnt get DOH?

How much money are you losing by not accepting the Nic? You will never get the money back that you're bypassing for your DOH screwjob. Welcome to Binding Arbitration. Honor your agreements.

USAPA = Epic Fail.

Your argument is full of holes.

It doesn't matter how the Mid Atlantic pilots got there, they were finally ruled to have maintained their DOH seniority on the mainline, as promised by management all along. The delay was in getting management to stick to what they promised the pilots and admit that the pilots were never furloughed. Management finally admitted to this info 10 days before the deadline, but it was never included.

The amount of money I am investing to make this right is my business and my choice.

Binding Arbitration...ppfffttt! There's nothing binding about it when it is so flawed from the beginning!

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot
usa 320,

This is like dejavu all over again. It seems to me we heard these same arguments when alpa was our cba and we ended up with.....loa93. I think we are where we are because our former and current managements put us here. Don't forget that our management says we are "unique" and they can't afford to pay us any better than bottom rung and they won't change their tune if we change cba's.

Regards,

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back