US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
East Integrity at work. Always trying to lie and cheat their way out of agreements

Hudson pilot sues over Calif real estate deal
Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The pilot acclaimed for safely landing a plane in New York's Hudson River has filed a lawsuit over a real estate deal in Northern California.

Chesley Sullenberger and his wife, Lorraine, claim the $935,000 they paid for a building in the Butte County city of Paradise in 2002 was well above its market value. They accuse bank officials and the real estate broker of overinflating the price.

The suit — filed in Contra Costa County — seeks a nullification of the original loan and reimbursement for alleged overpayments. A trial is set for September if mediation talks fail.

The real estate broker, Cherie Huillade, tells the Press Democrat of Santa Rosa the property's appraisal was accurate.

Sullenberger became a hero after safely ditching a jet carrying 155 people in the waters off Manhattan in January 2009.

What's your point......Oh, right, you don't have one. Ah, maybe you do, let's just attack everyone and anyone we can who is not a Westie! You're a real piece of work. Work harder, maybe you can find more dirt on the rest of us.

Must have been a heck of a day in court, pitch dark in PHX and not a word from anyone. All sides still spinning it?

Not sure what happened there but sometimes it is hard to gauge why a judge is asking certain questions. My husband and I purchased a piece of property that was removed from a road but had a right-of way through an adjoining property. Long story short, the adjoining property owner tried to make it unusable, we sued and during the course of the hearings, questions were asked by the judge and it seemed he was going one way but his ruling was completely different to our favor fortunately.

Why would a new hire vote with the east? You are tipping your hand. Would not the east vote in favor of a DOH contract? That does nothing special for a new hire. As a matter of fact, what you are saying is that a new hire on the east would vote against any contract, hoping to continue the forced seperate ops.

You are assuming that any contract will contain the Nic, and you are correct. So, you are announcing to the world that usapa's intention is to cause indefinite seperate ops, and therefore a new hire would vote with the east?

You are aware that a union has a duty of fair representation to its members, and that intentional non-bargaining can get you in just as deep as the seniority theft usapa is attempting?

Think about this................lets say I quit AAA, after 17 years, and took employment at AWA, because I was about to be furloughed. Should I feel embarrassed that I was smart enough to leave, and go to the bottom of the other airline, and then an arbitrator decided that my employed position at AWA was indeed more secure than my furloughed position at AAA. This happened for dozens of our pilots. I would be embarrased to be in your position, arguing that a well respected arbitrator, two pilot neutrals, two federal judges, 9 jury members, two CEOs, a handful of VPs, corporate legal, all got it wrong.

You are one very confused dude.

The B.S. just keeps flowing out of you. Prove or show where you got the information for the above 3 statements. Its more B.S. thats all you are worth B.S.
Which part do you need clarification on?

The East pilots have a history of selling out the 'junior' pilots. Given the opportunity to enrichen their paychecks with Delta-esque pay, the majority of them will vote for a contract with the NIC. Dont believe me? Ask Cleary. Thats why he is afraid.

As far as the pay rates quoted; Willflyforfood.com or Airlinepilotcentral.com . You can then see how much you are losing in pay and will NEVER get back.

Integrity Matters.

USAPA = Lowering the bar...

East Integrity at work. Always trying to lie and cheat their way out of agreements

Hudson pilot sues over Calif real estate deal
Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The pilot acclaimed for safely landing a plane in New York's Hudson River has filed a lawsuit over a real estate deal in Northern California.

Chesley Sullenberger and his wife, Lorraine, claim the $935,000 they paid for a building in the Butte County city of Paradise in 2002 was well above its market value. They accuse bank officials and the real estate broker of overinflating the price.

The suit — filed in Contra Costa County — seeks a nullification of the original loan and reimbursement for alleged overpayments. A trial is set for September if mediation talks fail.

The real estate broker, Cherie Huillade, tells the Press Democrat of Santa Rosa the property's appraisal was accurate.

Sullenberger became a hero after safely ditching a jet carrying 155 people in the waters off Manhattan in January 2009.
So, Chesley made a deal to purchase this property then, years later, decided to renege on the deal? Where did he learn that? Under oath he eloquently described the merits of Integrity. Yet his actions prove otherwise.

" seeks a nullification of the original loan and reimbursement for alleged overpayments. A trial is set for September if mediation talks fail." Does he plan to abide by the mediation? Only if it goes his way...

USAPA = Our stench travels far and wide.

Must have been a heck of a day in court, pitch dark in PHX and not a word from anyone. All sides still spinning it?

Hey Otter! Still work on those questions? Still going back through posts to find the ones I didn't answer?

"You know what you need to do to avoid being sued by west pilots, so why do you need court intervention?."

Judge Silver to company Attorney Bob Siegal.

She is going to dismiss or tell the company they are on the hook for the Nic. In the end they both mean the same.

You can then see how much you are losing in pay and will NEVER get back.

I can go check, as you suggest. But the amount is NOTHING compared to the amount the west has lost in comparison over the course of our respective careers.

I understand that when you've had the gutter contract of the industry for nearly the entire existence of your carrier, it's fun to prod those who are now further down the ladder than you for the few past years. If Kasher rules for the pilots, we here on the forum will be happy to return the favor as you plunge once again to your lowest-in-the-industry pay rates.

USAPA Legal Update

Oral Argument Heard in US Airways Declaratory Judgment

Oral argument was held yesterday on USAPA's motion to dismiss the Company's Declaratory Judgment Action in front of Chief Judge Roslyn Silver in Phoenix. Oral argument lasted approximately an hour and a half. Immediately prior to the argument Judge Silver provided the attorneys with a series of written questions, and asked that the arguments be confined to only USAPA's motion to dismiss the Company's declaratory judgment complaint. During the argument Judge Silver asked counsel a series of questions, all centered on whether or not the district court had jurisdiction to entertain the Company's declaratory judgment action in light of the Ninth Circuit's decision, which dismissed the Addington DFR as unripe. Judge Silver concluded the hearing by saying that a written order will issue as soon as she can get to it.

Seems to me the Judge's questions were very much leaning in the direction of dismissal based on lack of jurisdiction...big surprise NOT. Company will appeal to 9th circus, and what do you guys think the 9th will do in light of their past decision regarding Addington?? Man, what a waste of time. Oh yeah, that's exactly what LCC management intended this charade to accomplish; delay, delay, and ....delay!

USAPA Legal Update

Oral Argument Heard in US Airways Declaratory Judgment

Oral argument was held yesterday on USAPA's motion to dismiss the Company's Declaratory Judgment Action in front of Chief Judge Roslyn Silver in Phoenix. Oral argument lasted approximately an hour and a half. Immediately prior to the argument Judge Silver provided the attorneys with a series of written questions, and asked that the arguments be confined to only USAPA's motion to dismiss the Company's declaratory judgment complaint. During the argument Judge Silver asked counsel a series of questions, all centered on whether or not the district court had jurisdiction to entertain the Company's declaratory judgment action in light of the Ninth Circuit's decision, which dismissed the Addington DFR as unripe. Judge Silver concluded the hearing by saying that a written order will issue as soon as she can get to it.

Seems to me the Judge's questions were very much leaning in the direction of dismissal based on lack of jurisdiction...big surprise NOT. Company will appeal to 9th circus, and what do you guys think the 9th will do in light of their past decision regarding Addington?? Man, what a waste of time. Oh yeah, that's exactly what LCC management intended this charade to accomplish; delay, delay, and ....delay!

Yep. The court has a massive backlog and US adds to it for nothing. Anyone have an AOL update?

I can go check, as you suggest. But the amount is NOTHING compared to the amount the west has lost in comparison over the course of our respective careers.

I understand that when you've had the gutter contract of the industry for nearly the entire existence of your carrier, it's fun to prod those who are now further down the ladder than you for the few past years. If Kasher rules for the pilots, we here on the forum will be happy to return the favor as you plunge once again to your lowest-in-the-industry pay rates.

Thats a big "IF". Do you plan to appeal and avoid Kasher's decision if it doesnt go you way? Fortunately, there are smarter pilots back East than"we here on this forum" representing them. The pilots back East who are growing impatient with USAPA's failure and follies.

AWA has had two mediocre contract since ALPA was voted on the property. Both contracts were created in down markets and the pilots lost leverage. There was a lot of room for improvement. However, USAPA, who 'represents' the West is failing to take advantage of the "up" market. They dont have any leverage. They know that they are trying to recapture their 'careers' at the expense of the West. Clawing from the gutter and trying to justify themselves out of another DFR. Pathetic.

USAPA = By the East, for the East.

She is going to dismiss or tell the company they are on the hook for the Nic. In the end they both mean the same.

You might be right there. Why do you think the company didn't just say they would only use the Nic right off the bat? Do you think if AOL had only sued USAPA and left the company out of this we might be further along? What will the west pilots do if this is dismissed? Try to get to a joint contract so they can proceed with DFR II or just delay and live with what you've got?

Yep. The court has a massive backlog and US adds to it for nothing. Anyone have an AOL update?
Yes.

Seham made a fool of himself yet again. Wasting dues money arguing over the percieved 'fairness' of the Nicolau Award. Judge Silver let him ramble on aimlessly. At the proper moment, she asked him if USAPA has done anything to improve the position for the West pilots that they represent. He began to give a dissertation, again aimlessly, that was abruptly countered by the Judge with "I'll take that as a no."

Silver then ask Siegal if the company is prepared to "buy" the Nicolau Award. Thinking outside the box, she put the Nicolau Award squarely in Parkers lap. She did have concerns over jurisdiction. She'd like to put this to bed once and for all. All parties were asked if the case could be expedited by using the Addington transcripts, which Judge Silver read and is very familiar with. Attorney Seham, knowing his money train is coming to and end, implied (No, USAPA and its incompetent legal staff would have to delay and start over). Silver was not impressed.

Nobody knows where Silver will go from here. She may dismiss the case altogether and tell the company to figure it out. Her message was clear to Parker and USAPA. "You know what to do." Translation = You agreed to the Nicolau Award. Use it.

USAPA = Lowest pay 'til the last day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back