US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PHX and LAS home flippers on this board got caught high and dry. That is their own LOA 93. Most of the East pilots in CLT, PHL,LGA,BOS have made out extremely well through it all. Pittsburgh has been relatively untouched and stable. They love to rub your nose in LOA 93. They are dealing with their own little tsunami out there. and it ain't pretty. Thats' why they are practically begging you to take the Nic. and Kirby. The roof is falling in on a bunch of them.

ummmm whats the avg age of posters on here?

Yes it is but it has an important clause - the loan company can take possession if payments aren't made. A contract for final and binding arbitration doesn't have that.

Jim

Dang ! Did we have a contract for final and binding in civil court ?...

Btw, don't you have a yard or garden your wife told you to attend to ?

The AA pilots will work just as hard as the UA and DL pilots did to make sure it never happens.
I guess you have polled every AA pilot, you just dont get it. When the other airline pilots tell you your right

they are really telling you" dont bother me with your problems Ive got enough of my own so yaya get lost.

Do tell. How is PHX a less effective hub for getting a passenger from, say, MCO to SEA than via CLT or PHL? Your housing market argument has no more validity on the amount of revenue generated by a hub then it does the price of tea in China. Typical East. Make up stuff and try to deflect the issue if you don't have facts to support your case.
The company wants or should I say previously wanted 25% average boardings to be generated from the hub city, thats from a fellow I knew who worked in marketing. That was one of the problems Pit had. I am sure there were many other factors but Phx online boardings are down.

Dang ! Did we have a contract for final and binding in civil court ?...

Btw, don't you have a yard or garden your wife told you to attend to ?

You didn't say anything about civil court. Just a civil contract, i.e. between two parties...

Didn't the pilots of American leave ALPA in 1960 (50 years ago!) because of their opposition to mandatory retirement at age 60, as was supported by ALPA?

The bigger questions are,

1. Why is the APA currently seeking help from ALPA in contract negotiations?
ALPA helps the APA

2. Regardless of what happened at American 50 years ago, why was usapa elected as the new bargaining agent, with a campaign promise of overturning the results of final and binding arbitration. An obviously unobtainable goal, that would discriminate against a sizable group of the pilots that they wished to represent?

3. Is it really 2011 already?

Better yet, ask some U pilots what they think of traderjake. Or re-read what V told you.

Here's an interesting read. Notice the familiar author's:

http://cf.alpa.org/mec/aaa/docs/newmectoday/arc/airwaves/aw0203/merge0302.pdf

Here's an interesting read. Notice the familiar author's:

http://cf.alpa.org/mec/aaa/docs/newmectoday/arc/airwaves/aw0203/merge0302.pdf

Boy, that Cleary guy sure has a good understanding of the facts... until those facts no longer support his opinion.

"Because reductions in force occur in inverse order of seniority, furloughs and juniority go hand in hand. Beyond that, the absence of current employment and uncertainties about future prospects are among the equities likely to affect a furloughee’s seniority placement.

No pilot, regardless of furlough status, can be guaranteed any particular placement on a merged list. The only certainty in seniority integration is that the outcome is never certain until the merger representatives reach an agreement or, failing a negotiated solution, the arbitrator issues an award. Each case presents its own facts and equities, and each requires a resolution tailor-made to the situation presented."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back