US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the WEST pilot's fly so many EAST routes , CLT=TPA etc this reminded me of the WEST Capt when I politely requested the Jumpseat! JAMIE<JJ, JG, MM! http://skepticalhumorist.com/?p=1598
This is close to the experience so many East pilots have. I felt really bad for the West family non revving when a friend of mine was denied the js up front, but then the gate agent put him in the back anyway, bumping out another west relative passrider.

This is close to the experience so many East pilots have. I felt really bad for the West family non revving when a friend of mine was denied the js up front, but then the gate agent put him in the back anyway, bumping out another west relative passrider.

You see the very toxic environment you create? This is why Usair should just go ch7 and save the industry the heartache.

AWA320

You got your own version of LOA 93. It is called the Vegas and PHX housing market. You are going to live with it longer than we live with LOA 93 :lol:

Would those be the same two cities that generate the highest number and third highest number of departures in the Southwest system? Flights that, presumably, generate enough revenue to pay Southwest pilots significally more than USAirways pilots.

Would those be the same two cities that generate the highest number and third highest number of departures in the Southwest system? Flights that, presumably, generate enough revenue to pay Southwest pilots significally more than USAirways pilots.
Yes, am referring to those same two cities, that have collectively contributed a huge amount of foreclosures to the US market. Visitors coming to gamble and vacation then leave have nothing to do with the depressed housing situation.

Yes, am referring to those same two cities, that have collectively contributed a huge amount of foreclosures to the US market. Visitors coming to gamble and vacation then leave have nothing to do with the depressed housing situation.

Do tell. How is PHX a less effective hub for getting a passenger from, say, MCO to SEA than via CLT or PHL? Your housing market argument has no more validity on the amount of revenue generated by a hub then it does the price of tea in China. Typical East. Make up stuff and try to deflect the issue if you don't have facts to support your case.

Do tell. How is PHX a less effective hub for getting a passenger from, say, MCO to SEA than via CLT or PHL? Your housing market argument has no more validity on the amount of revenue generated by a hub then it does the price of tea in China. Typical East. Make up stuff and try to deflect the issue if you don't have facts to support your case.
Can't fault the people in Phoenix for wanting to fly Southwest rather than the world's fifth worst airline. The fact that SW can make it work doesn't have anything to do with LCC's prospects, except for making them worse. Take for example LAS, the largest airport operation in SW's system. LCC downsized in a major way less than 2 years ago.

The entire issue went right over your head. The west pilots constantly and consistently engage in a discourse of the onerous LOA 93. I am rebutting their argument with the fact they have their own LOA 93 generated by the fact they live in PHX and LAS and therefore have endured a very special LOA that has decimated their personal home values if they live in the area. So we all are dealing with certain financial issues generated in different areas. The effect, the same. As much as they charge the east pilots with living and retirement on LOA, which is a stretch, they have the very real possibility of retiring with the anchor of an underwater asset, their home and retirement, also. Which explains their very palpable quest to jump seniority, and get a contract that will get their heads somewhat above the rising water line.

Oh please. As if Western PA or upstate NY are any different. Furthermore, houses can be walked away from, but don't expect the company to walk away from their LOA93 boondoggle.

Wow...great integrity. Isn't a mortgage a civil contract ?

You are right, LOA 93, so far. How is the NIC working for you ?

The entire issue went right over your head. The west pilots constantly and consistently engage in a discourse of the onerous LOA 93. I am rebutting their argument with the fact they have their own LOA 93 generated by the fact they live in PHX and LAS and therefore have endured a very special LOA that has decimated their personal home values if they live in the area. So we all are dealing with certain financial issues generated in different areas. The effect, the same. As much as they charge the east pilots with living and retirement on LOA, which is a stretch, they have the very real possibility of retiring with the anchor of an underwater asset, their home and retirement, also. Which explains their very palpable quest to jump seniority, and get a contract that will get their heads somewhat above the rising water line.
This is so pathetic, words are inadequate. Such desperation .

Oh please. As if Western PA or upstate NY are any different. Furthermore, houses can be walked away from, but don't expect the company to walk away from their LOA93 boondoggle.

you need to do alittle research before you make comments about things your not an expert on, but then that is apparent. Western Pa has not suffered the loss of values as PHX and LAS have. Being active in the RE market Pittsburgh has for 25 years had slow moderate growth records of between 1-3% annually. Small market declines are limited to neighborhoods and not the entire region. It is true that they have not had the past unrealistic increases in value that PHX and LAS had in years past only to see it dwindle to nothing or less. Anyone who has lived in the Burgh for years is doing fine unless they can't manage their money and uses their home like its a credit card

Six

Yes, they think so much of the East pilots that they were absolutely instrumental in helping encourage us to dump ALPA.
Oh, my mistake then. I guess I missed that the East and the APA are BFFs. If the merger with AA you wet-dream for comes to pass I'll repost what you just wrote and see if it still holds water. I know what'll happen -- and Frontier will be just fine with me.

you need to do alittle research before you make comments about things your not an expert on, but then that is apparent. Western Pa has not suffered the loss of values as PHX and LAS have. Being active in the RE market Pittsburgh has for 25 years had slow moderate growth records of between 1-3% annually. Small market declines are limited to neighborhoods and not the entire region. It is true that they have not had the past unrealistic increases in value that PHX and LAS had in years past only to see it dwindle to nothing or less. Anyone who has lived in the Burgh for years is doing fine unless they can't manage their money and uses their home like its a credit card

Six
The PHX and LAS home flippers on this board got caught high and dry. That is their own LOA 93. Most of the East pilots in CLT, PHL,LGA,BOS have made out extremely well through it all. Pittsburgh has been relatively untouched and stable. They love to rub your nose in LOA 93. They are dealing with their own little tsunami out there. and it ain't pretty. Thats' why they are practically begging you to take the Nic. and Kirby. The roof is falling in on a bunch of them.

Wow...great integrity. Isn't a mortgage a civil contract ?

Yes it is but it has an important clause - the loan company can take possession if payments aren't made. A contract for final and binding arbitration doesn't have that.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back