US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have become the worst of this industry and if that is not clear to both sides then you are just lying to yourselves. Usair is the worst airline in this country and that is something we all need to be ashamed of.

AWA320
And now we are back to who is running the show

Just two quick questions from a non-pilot…

Does your group consider the differences between east and west irreconcilable?

What are your opinions on a probable merger, or acquisition in 2011?

An acquiring entity will not accept or want to inherit this groups differences.

American Airlines or Virgin America will purchase the East side and run separate ops for 4 plus years, until most East pilots are gone.

The west pilots have zero protection, they will end up with Usairways latest investment with Mesa Airlines or Mesa's acquirer, Frontier.

You are an investor, who's future would you back in PHX, Southwest or america west?

Now that, is a sore subject out in PHX....Can you imagine how pissed off these guys will be if Kasher came our way? :D :D :D
Can you imagine how pissed off the east guys will be when he doesn't come back your way?

Who will you blame?

usapa
ALPA
Kasher
The Company
The west pilots
Federal judges

Who will it be?

An acquiring entity will not accept or want to inherit this groups differences.

American Airlines or Virgin America will purchase the East side and run separate ops for 4 plus years, until most East pilots are gone.

The west pilots have zero protection, they will end up with Usairways latest investment with Mesa Airlines or Mesa's acquirer, Frontier.

You are an investor, who's future would you back in PHX, Southwest or america west?

It is unfortunate that you know so little. There would be no purchase and run seperate Nos as no carrier would want to have in its camp hostile employees. No young man this place would be fragmented with the agreement that the employees would be given an opportunity to interview.

There is not going to be an east goes here and west goes there. The next step is asset sale ie routes, slots and gates. Maybe some aircraft but certainly no employees.

Its sad to watch this place go away but in some respects refreshing. I would get your log book and resume up to date if I were you.

AWA320

The longer this goes on the more difficult it becomes. The west has stood our ground and only wanted what we bargained for. The result of final and binding arbitration. The attacks on the west are almost daily. Yes our fun meters are about pegged with east pilots. It becomes more expenses for the company to heal the deep wounds. Flying together will happen. It has happened with every other merger. But someone is going to have to lose and be told they were wrong. If someone can't accept that they can leave. There is no compromise, it will be a win for one side or the other. Both sides have gone all in. But the west really has no choice. The east made us the minority and is driving this ship. We are along for the ride.

M&A???? Big question. Maybe 2012-2013 I don't this year. Fuel is on the rise. We still have the pilot mess and the F/A's are still far apart. Not sure what the money supply is to fund $4-5 billion M&A.

Best guess a couple more years.

USAPA thinks you are retarded but the EAST loves you ! Keep up the donations...

We love aqua, and our PHX reps. Together they have killed uSAPa and your DOH cramdown. Everyone on the west shares this sentiment, we are in it for the long haul.
So, do you guys get another bonus next year? HOw do you like your A320 captains making what Republic captains make? :lol:
You guys sticking with this payscale for a couple more decades??? I mean, you have no other options because the west is just fine with keeping things as they are, except we may drop another lawsuit to capture all those growth captain slots you owe us. That alone is another worthy DFR...
Enjoy your bonus, maybe you can pay off some credit card debt or make an advanced payment on your rent!

Its sad to watch this place go away but in some respects refreshing. I would get your log book and resume up to date if I were you.
AWA320

He won't need his logbook.

Jet time is not a requirement to drive the forklift at Home Depot or Lowe's, and they like hiring "old guys" at both stores.

I can just see him in his apron with his tool belt ready for action:

"Sir, can you help me find the moth balls?"

"Sure, you just pull their little wings apart......and voila'!"

I am the messenger,

This will happen quickly in the next week or two. LOA 93 decided in the companies favor. The declaratory judgment dismissed. (Both of these decisions important for those that are part of the corporate transaction). This information held from the pilots in the guise of worrying about the transportation system over the holidays.

The company who threw the west side out a bone about appealing the declaratory, will not and take this to the bank, ie; the parties of the transaction.

The East side to American, Virgin America or similar. The west base to Frontier or mesa.

The longer this goes on the more difficult it becomes. The west has stood our ground and only wanted what we bargained for. The result of final and binding arbitration. The attacks on the west are almost daily. Yes our fun meters are about pegged with east pilots. It becomes more expenses for the company to heal the deep wounds. Flying together will happen. It has happened with every other merger. But someone is going to have to lose and be told they were wrong. If someone can't accept that they can leave. There is no compromise, it will be a win for one side or the other. Both sides have gone all in. But the west really has no choice. The east made us the minority and is driving this ship. We are along for the ride.

M&A???? Big question. Maybe 2012-2013 I don't this year. Fuel is on the rise. We still have the pilot mess and the F/A's are still far apart. Not sure what the money supply is to fund $4-5 billion M&A.

Best guess a couple more years.

Thank you for the candid response…

Your observations seem accurate enough… however… they are reminiscent of the differences we observe today in the Middle East!

Hopefully… you guys will find common ground at some point. If not… guess who the REAL winner will be!

I am the messenger,

This will happen quickly in the next week or two. LOA 93 decided in the companies favor. The declaratory judgment dismissed. (Both of these decisions important for those that are part of the corporate transaction). This information held from the pilots in the guise of worrying about the transportation system over the holidays.

The company who threw the west side out a bone about appealing the declaratory, will not and take this to the bank, ie; the parties of the transaction.

The East side to American, Virgin America or similar. The west base to Frontier or mesa.

Nostro, if you have a CO (Carbon Monoxide) detector in your home, you might want to check the batteries. I don't think it's working.

AWA320
Yes it is thanks to America West managent and the greed of the west pilots that will tank this place, but on a good note we on the east don't care if this place tanks like we said earlier most of us only have a short time left. I would strongly suggest you westies get your resumes ready there will be alot of good commuter jobs for you guys I'm sure!!!!

Usair is the worst airline in this country and that is something we all need to be ashamed of.

AWA320
Yes indeed you are right and again we have to thank your AWA management for helping us to get to be the worst. :lol: :lol: you see they are good at something!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back