US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior new hire pilots hired on the East this Spring, prior to a joint contract, will already enjoy the benefits of our Section 1. Does not matter if they are angry or not.

RR
50% of your flying is outsourced. The hilarious thing is that Brickyard E170 captains will be making about as much as East Group II captains.

Strange sense of "good" you've got there RR.

Edit: and you're missing the entire point. USAPA exists to throw the junior pilots under the bus. Look no further than the catastrophic reduction clause in your silly C&Rs. The fact is that you angry F/Os can care less if guys junior to you get furloughed. Anyone with half a brain knows this, even the new hires. Their choice is to either stick with Cleary and his angry F/O disciples, only to eventually get to a joint contract with no protections for the junior people, or move to a union that gets things done to help junior pilots: http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=12516365

The hilarious thing is that Brickyard E170 captains will be making about as much as East Group II captains.

move to a union that gets things done to help junior pilots:

More comedy above.........Brickyard, represented by the Teamster's, I'll take them any day over ALPA..........Are you referring to ALPA, "a union that gets things done to help junior pilots"? LMAO. then again, you may be right, I've noticed a gazillion regional and commuter pilots wearing ALPA ID Lanyards.......

Even the Kirby (ALPA) proposal puts us at the "bottom of the barrel".........LMAO

I am a new hire on the East. Lemmie see now. If I support USAPA I get the advantage of all that attrition and I move up fast.

If I support Leonidas and the West I not move up fast, in fact I might get fuloughed because of a West downsizing although while i am here I will get a little more money.

I wonder which way I will vote?

My first thought would be to question your judgment for being a new hire on the east.
My first question is why would a new hire want to come to us airways? Lowest paid now. Lowest paid for the foreseeable future. Flying with the most miserable pilots on the planet. Will be tainted in the industry as being an east pilot.

The other airlines are going to hire. Much better decision to go somewhere else.

so you say the the west will downsize. Then why would we even agree to DOH and get furloughed? Think before speaking.

More comedy above.........Brickyard, represented by the Teamster's, I'll take them any day over ALPA..........Are you referring to ALPA, "a union that gets things done to help junior pilots"? LMAO. then again, you may be right, I've noticed a gazillion regional and commuter pilots wearing ALPA ID Lanyards.......

Even the Kirby (ALPA) proposal puts us at the "bottom of the barrel".........LMAO

Yes it does but it give you a 13% pay increase and makes you still the bottom of the barrel which by every account is more than sad! Whats worse is that you are willfully keeping yourself there. In the very end the NIC will stand unmodified and we'll both look back at all that we've lost and or given up. The new contract will still be light years away from what we should be earning and we will be locked into yet another substandard contract wiating on the next one.

Man you guys really fk'ed this thing up bad and the only ones that have won is management and lawyers.

AWA320

Junior new hire pilots hired on the East this Spring, prior to a joint contract, will already enjoy the benefits of our Section 1. Does not matter if they are angry or not.

RR
r

Section 1 may well be the only benefit a new hire would enjoy coming to work for labor troubled USAirways (notice I can't even say "Financially Troubled" at this point).

Not withstanding the pilot labor issue, other labor groups here are embroiled in their own struggles to reach acceptable agreements. While I don't see the pilots being in a "self-help" mode for a few years yet, it's entirely possible the F/A's will.

Any prospective applicants should take a close look at LOA 93, because they will be working under it for some time to come if they join they East ranks. Better off staying with their regional or corporate job until Delta or Southwest or anyone else makes an offer.

USAirways should be an employer of last resort for any pilot seeking employment. The toxic labor environment, a management bent on consolidation, plus the well deserved "ugly sister" reputation should dissuade all but the most desperate from applying for employment at LCC.

USAirways should be an employer of last resort for any pilot seeking employment. The toxic labor environment, a management bent on consolidation, plus the well deserved "ugly sister" reputation should dissuade all but the most desperate from applying for employment at LCC.
Thanks be to ????

r

Section 1 may well be the only benefit a new hire would enjoy coming to work for labor troubled USAirways (notice I can't even say "Financially Troubled" at this point).

Not withstanding the pilot labor issue, other labor groups here are embroiled in their own struggles to reach acceptable agreements. While I don't see the pilots being in a "self-help" mode for a few years yet, it's entirely possible the F/A's will.

Any prospective applicants should take a close look at LOA 93, because they will be working under it for some time to come if they join they East ranks. Better off staying with their regional or corporate job until Delta or Southwest or anyone else makes an offer.

Maybe if those labor groups weren't so singularly focused thay would have agreements by now! JAMIE, JJ,JG , MM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back