US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Streaman,

Sorry your girlfriend got stranded but it is now and always has been a management problem. I've been a pilot here for almost 38 years and I've noticed a pattern. The airline is not staffed for the worst day, it is not staffed for the average day, it is only staffed based on every day being a perfect day. No consideration is given to flu and cold season, adverse weather, atc problems, or the fact all the employees are getting older. It has been their lack of management skills which has put this place in the position where there is no new blood coming in. They will continue to operate this way at least until the next transaction and if they are in the position to stay after the next merger then the place will continue to be short staffed.

Merry Christmas,

Bob Moore
Bob:
Merry Christmas....this has got to be the post of the day.

Streaman,

Sorry your girlfriend got stranded but it is now and always has been a management problem. I've been a pilot here for almost 38 years and I've noticed a pattern. The airline is not staffed for the worst day, it is not staffed for the average day, it is only staffed based on every day being a perfect day. No consideration is given to flu and cold season, adverse weather, atc problems, or the fact all the employees are getting older. It has been their lack of management skills which has put this place in the position where there is no new blood coming in. They will continue to operate this way at least until the next transaction and if they are in the position to stay after the next merger then the place will continue to be short staffed.

Merry Christmas,

Bob Moore

Well, let's take a look at that idea you have there Bob. First, the cancellation I believe happened in Phoenix. Gee, don't we have a base there? Why yes, I think we do! So, why not just call out another first officer to take McGee's place? Hmmm. Oh yeah, because USAPA has stonewalled the integration we can't do that, even though there were plenty of reserves sitting around. But thanks to separate ops you guys can claim victory for this cancellation. You see, because of you (pl) it would now require an entire west flight crew, west cabin crew and a west airplane to cover the flight. So you still believe this is management's fault? I would disagree my friend! But Merry Christmas anyway!!!

HEY..awe320, before start checklist,were ready to start this thing up again....was it wet out there doing the walkaround?....yea I remember when I was a f/0.

HEY..awe320, before start checklist,were ready to start this thing up again....was it wet out there doing the walkaround?....yea I remember when I was a f/0.
I see that you are fully into the Christmas spirits.

I hope that saying something like this makes you feel better about yourself. It that is what it takes.

Well, let's take a look at that idea you have there Bob. First, the cancellation I believe happened in Phoenix. Gee, don't we have a base there? Why yes, I think we do! So, why not just call out another first officer to take McGee's place? Hmmm. Oh yeah, because USAPA has stonewalled the integration we can't do that, even though there were plenty of reserves sitting around. But thanks to separate ops you guys can claim victory for this cancellation. You see, because of you (pl) it would now require an entire west flight crew, west cabin crew and a west airplane to cover the flight. So you still believe this is management's fault? I would disagree my friend! But Merry Christmas anyway!!!
Prechilill,

If we take away the time that usapa has been around that still leaves nearly 36 years of this type of operation. There is still plenty of blame for the management (s). One thing I wish for is that sometime before I leave is that management and employes will both be here for the same reason...to run a good airline together.

Merry Christmas to you and a happy new year also,

Bob

Bob, this management team has been around for five years, not thirty six. But I agree, this management team also is to blame for the current mess we are in and have been for the past half decade so in a way, you are right this particular flight cancellation comes back to Parker. Not because of crew staffing but because Parker has perpetuated USAPA's actions, which brings us back full circle of having a bunch of reserves in Phoenix while a USAirways flight cancels due to an "outstation" sick call which shouldn't be an outstation to begin with. Parker did this to himself- he must be happy.

Prechilill,

If we take away the time that usapa has been around that still leaves nearly 36 years of this type of operation. There is still plenty of blame for the management (s). One thing I wish for is that sometime before I leave is that management and employes will both be here for the same reason...to run a good airline together.

Merry Christmas to you and a happy new year also,

Bob

Hey Bob,

Don't want to reveal my identity on this forum but I flew with you on your first trip back after your near miss retirement, PHL CUN turn. I hate to see you getting dragged into the fray on this forum. As much as I truly appreciate your support you are far too much of a gentleman for some of the cretins here. Oh yeah....get out of my seat already would ya? ; - ) Merry Christmas Bob I hope that you and your family are well.

Hey Bob,

you are far too much of a gentleman for some of the cretins here. Oh yeah....get out of my seat already would ya? ; - ) Merry Christmas Bob I hope that you and your family are well.

I would have to agree, BOb is an exception for the typical east pilot we see on here.

Hey Bob,

Don't want to reveal my identity on this forum but I flew with you on your first trip back after your near miss retirement, PHL CUN turn. I hate to see you getting dragged into the fray on this forum. As much as I truly appreciate your support you are far too much of a gentleman for some of the cretins here. Oh yeah....get out of my seat already would ya? ; - ) Merry Christmas Bob I hope that you and your family are well.
Merry Christmas to you also,

I remember the post almost retirement trip also. Hope all is well with you. There will be a post from the PHL CP's office tomorrow regarding my family. Not a good year but I still count my blessiings having had my parents with me for 63 years.

Regards,

Bob

Bob, this management team has been around for five years, not thirty six. But I agree, this management team also is to blame for the current mess we are in and have been for the past half decade so in a way, you are right this particular flight cancellation comes back to Parker. Not because of crew staffing but because Parker has perpetuated USAPA's actions, which brings us back full circle of having a bunch of reserves in Phoenix while a USAirways flight cancels due to an "outstation" sick call which shouldn't be an outstation to begin with. Parker did this to himself- he must be happy.
I agree with much of your post and appreiciate the civil tone.

Regards,
Bob

It's awfully pathetic that a "Captain" such as yourself spends his time on this board. Especially with your positive attitude. Misery must be lonely.

USAPA = How much have they cost you? Horizon Air CRJ Captain $120/hour.

Streaman,

Merry Christmas,

Bob Moore
Your seasoned insight is spot on

I guess if had been the F/A's that called off sick you would have blamed that on USAPA too! The F/A's have a base in PHX. MM!

Well, yes. It's USAPA's fault that the F/As don't have a contract and haven't combined operations.

And it's USAPA's fault that the company doesn't want to hedge fuel.

And it's USAPA's fault that the poor congressmen had to work until the day before Christmas Eve.

And it's USAPA's fault that our troops are stuck fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq for the Christmas holidays.

And it's USAPA's fault that there is a blizzard hitting Philadelphia right now.

And it's USAPA's fault that the mud is tearing southern California to bits.

Every unfortunate thing, or perceived unfortunate thing, that could ever happen is USAPA's fault.

There. I admitted it.

Feel better, Worsties?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back