US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS....most people got over DOH pretty fast (IMHO) it was management that screwed up
what could have been a good airline.

Piedmont pilots did not get over it, but we were men enough to live with the fact that we made an agreement to binding arbitration and lost.

Not the case now and it's especially offensive when it's former Piedmont pilots who flipped and now thinks it's OK to steal West jobs.

The problem was when Usair posted a bid and there were 10 fewer 727 captains
in CLT then the PI guys lost their seats. 2 months latter when they added those
seats back into CLT they were "new openings" and guess who filled em...U guys
who live in Fla. who commuted to PIT, who are now commuting to CLT.
Happened over and over again. My personal favorite....closing GSO as a 727
base and adding the time in ....................LAX and SFO. Yea, thats the ticket.
Guess how many people thought that was a good deal. About 20.
So for you Westies we totally get why you are pissed. The same will happen when the ink is dry on
a new contract and Parker starts to DS PHX. It's just that we are more pissed about NIC that you ever dreamed

NICDOA
NPJB

PS....most people got over DOH pretty fast (IMHO) it was management that screwed up
what could have been a good airline. Managements plans for an airline are in someways
much more determinative of your career than your number. Who would have cared if
we had 600 airframes by now. (mainline of course)

That's exactly how I figure I would lose my left seat under usapa's plan. I don't think it's coincidence either. If I were destined to lose my left seat after a list came out with due process, then so be it, that's life. But if it happens after a unilateral imposition of a seniority list by a larger group, that knows what it's doing, that's where I start to take issue with it.

I'm done making it a personal issue, it isn't, but that's how I see it.

cv580etops

Make sure when you sign in on a public computer, you deselect the remember me box.

Your friend in the West pilot lounge, who will now sign you out.

Do you east guys have 24 computers w/ internet acces in your crew room?

My personal favorite....closing GSO as a 727
base and adding the time in ....................LAX and SFO. Yea, thats the ticket.

For someone who acts like they know it all, you're off a lot. That was the 737 that went out west as they pulled them from PI bases - Tom Davis (US MC) argued that the grandfather rights given to the PI people only applied to equipment/seat and not base, aided by the "kind" folks in resource planning. A lot of PI captains went back to F/O over that one. Oh, you don't want anything that the West has. Just want to make it convenient if you change your mind, with USAPA's help.

Jim

For someone who acts like they know it all, you're off a lot. That was the 737 that went out west as they pulled them from PI bases - Tom Davis (US MC) argued that the grandfather rights given to the PI people only applied to equipment/seat and not base, aided by the "kind" folks in resource planning. A lot of PI captains went back to F/O over that one. Oh, you don't want anything that the West has. Just want to make it convenient if you change your mind, with USAPA's help.

Jim

Ok oh wise you you seem to use a scapel when it suits you or a club when again it suits you.....
the point was massive amounts of time was transferred 2500 miles away and no one followed
the time except a few which caused massive displacements among the PI crews. GSO was a 727 base
and it closed and the time did not go where anyone on the East coast wanted to move to. Did they have 737 time...
in GSO don't know ..don't care NOT RELEVANT TO THE POINT. If you recall Kagel DID give seat protection IF
you went where the time went...which happened to be the West coast YEA....Bubba (I mean that affectionatly)
ain't going to LA to fly anything!! So massive displacements occurred. AND DID YOU MISSED THE POINT WHERE
I SAID WE KNOW WHY THE WEST IS PISSED or do you go comatose when it suits you.
Go back to your gardening now.

NICDOA
NPJB

See that's your problem, you got your priorities all mixed up. What you should be tired of is your substandard LOA 93 contract and crappy pay! That fear is holding you back, let it go my child. Let it go!!

AWA320
Crappy pay?...I just got a pay raise from the PBGC thankyou, just pretend this is a bad dream and when you wake up DOH will have happened and it will be all over.

If you recall Kagel DID give seat protection IF
you went where the time went...which happened to be the West coast
As I said, equipment/seat but not base protection. Actually I believe Kagel just gave grandfather rights, it was Davis who argued against base protection, along with Resource Planning - didn't want anyone from the North not getting what their DOH allowed so the open slots ended up out west

And yes, GSO was a base for the 727, 737, and F28. The 727 were mostly consolidated in CLT/PIT as they were being phased out. The F28 ended up in CLT/MIA until they left the fleet.

Jim

REALLY? I think your facts are a little off! 141.85 top scale AWA NO INT"L OVRD, 144.02 plus INT"L OVERD then theres the a330! And how much is the WEST int'l ovride, forgot you have none! MM! and those 60% f/o's are above any west f/o scale! MM!
Did you ever hear the old saying "the truth sometime hurts". Thanks MM nice setup.

Enlighten us sir, give us examples on the protections that Empire pilots were given that are better than the ones offered to the West. I am paying attention.
Above is my request for information regarding your post below. I would appreciate information on how you feel the Empire pilots received more protection than offered to the west pilots. You were part of a group of pilots that stapled the Empire pilots to the bottom of your seniority list.

PostBoeingBoy, on 22 December 2010 - 03:53 AM, said:

"I guess you weren't paying much attention then...

Heck, the Empire pilots got more protection than you want to give the West pilots."

Piedmont pilots did not get over it, but we were men enough to live with the fact that we made an agreement to binding arbitration and lost.

Not the case now and it's especially offensive when it's former Piedmont pilots who flipped and now thinks it's OK to steal West jobs.

Lot of difference. First, Piedmont was a GREAT place to work and most people were happy. We had not gone through two decades of pure hell backing up and giving up what was ours. AAA Pilots made more money than we did and we were brought up to parity in no time.

I could go on and on, but I won't bore you.

Driver B)

Well, gee. If all you ever wanted was confirmation that y'all were better men and always will be.. then sure.. its true. You're right in your own eyes (and probably Prater's, Bebe's, and Lance's too!). And we won't ever ask you to change your view. :lol:

Well, gee. If all you ever wanted was confirmation that y'all were better men and always will be.. then sure.. its true. You're right in your own eyes (and probably Prater's, Bebe's, and Lance's too!). And we won't ever ask you to change your view.

The actions of the East speak for themselves.

If you want confirmation ask any United, Delta, or American pilot what they think of USAPA.

On second though stay ignorant, you'll be happier that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back